Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_name' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 241

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_alias' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 242

Notice: Undefined offset: 68 in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238

Notice: Trying to get property 'cat_pid' of non-object in /var/www/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Forum/Category.php on line 238
FastMail and IMAP | PMAIL COMMUNITY
IMAP
FastMail and IMAP

[quote user="aderoy"]

There is a post in the Commnity Support regarding this. Sorry do not know how to reference. Basic idea:

Reading the blog and forums for Fastmail I was able to find this tidbit:

Try changing the hostname to insecuressl.messagingengine.com. We've added a couple of extra IP addresses and configured that hostname with SSLv2 support.

------------------------

Does work, otherwise use the non-SSL port (143).

[/quote]

Yes, I read the update on the blog after I posted here.  Thanks for the response.

[quote user="aderoy"]<p>There is a post in the Commnity Support regarding this. Sorry do not know how to reference. Basic idea:</p> <p>Reading the blog and forums for Fastmail I was able to find this tidbit:</p> <p>Try changing the hostname to <b>insecuressl.messagingengine.com</b>. We've added a couple of extra IP addresses and configured that hostname with SSLv2 support.</p> <p> ------------------------</p> <p mce_keep="true"> </p> <p>Does work, otherwise use the non-SSL port (143).</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Yes, I read the update on the blog after I posted here.  Thanks for the response. </p><p> </p>

One of my email providers is FastMail.  I am using their IMAP service for receiving mail which is set-up with SSL on port 993.  Yesterday, when I launched Pegasus Mail, FastMail refused to connect.  After checking all the parameters, I decided to change SSL to "Disabled" and the port to 143.  I could now receive email.   When I checked the FastMail web site the following message was posted on their Blog:

"Due to a recently discovered SSL man-in-the-middle flaw, I’ve upgraded our web, IMAP and POP proxy servers to disable SSL renegotiation.

At the same time, I’ve disabled SSLv2 protocol (it’s been deprecated 1996) and disabled all “LOW” and “EXPORT” ciphers.

In theory, there should be no user visible changes, but some very, very old email clients or browsers may experience problems. Unfortunately in those cases, people are either going to have to use non-SSL access, or upgrade their email client/browser to a newer version."

Is there a problem with the way Pegasus Mail uses IMAP?

One of my email providers is FastMail.  I am using their IMAP service for receiving mail which is set-up with SSL on port 993.  Yesterday, when I launched Pegasus Mail, FastMail refused to connect.  After checking all the parameters, I decided to change SSL to "Disabled" and the port to 143.  I could now receive email.   When I checked the FastMail web site the following message was posted on their Blog: "Due to a recently discovered SSL man-in-the-middle flaw, I’ve upgraded our web, IMAP and POP proxy servers to disable SSL renegotiation. At the same time, I’ve disabled SSLv2 protocol (it’s been deprecated 1996) and disabled all “LOW” and “EXPORT” ciphers. In theory, there should be no user visible changes, but some very, very old email clients or browsers may experience problems. Unfortunately in those cases, people are either going to have to use non-SSL access, or upgrade their email client/browser to a newer version." Is there a problem with the way Pegasus Mail uses IMAP?

There is a post in the Commnity Support regarding this. Sorry do not know how to reference. Basic idea:

Reading the blog and forums for Fastmail I was able to find this tidbit:

Try changing the hostname to insecuressl.messagingengine.com. We've added a couple of extra IP addresses and configured that hostname with SSLv2 support.

------------------------

Does work, otherwise use the non-SSL port (143).

<P>There is a post in the Commnity Support regarding this. Sorry do not know how to reference. Basic idea:</P> <P>Reading the blog and forums for Fastmail I was able to find this tidbit:</P> <P>Try changing the hostname to <STRONG>insecuressl.messagingengine.com</STRONG>. We've added a couple of extra IP addresses and configured that hostname with SSLv2 support.</P> <P> ------------------------</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Does work, otherwise use the non-SSL port (143).</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft