Community Discussions and Support
OLE error code 80010106 on program startup--Problem solved, Thank You!

Thank you for your solution--the problem is solved.

Actually, I had plugged an Epson PictureMate in one time and Vista had used its own drivers and set it up as the default printer. This also explains why the HP kept starting up with a page size of 4 x 6. . .   Setting the HP as the default printer solved the problem. Thanks again!

<P>Thank you for your solution--the problem is solved.</P> <P>Actually, I had plugged an Epson PictureMate in one time and Vista had used its own drivers and set it up as the default printer. This also explains why the HP kept starting up with a page size of 4 x 6. . .   Setting the HP as the default printer solved the problem. Thanks again!</P>

Hello,

First time here, but I've been subscribed to the Pmail list for years. I bought a Gateway notebook 3 mos ago, running 32 bit Vista Home Premium.  Installed the latest version of Pegasus, got it up and running OK. Then about a month ago, when starting the program, two error windows opened up on Pegasus startup:  First is (title bar OLE error) error code 80010106. When closed with "OK", a second window opens saying"error initializing OLE" opens. When the second window is closed, Pegasus starts.

It effects the filters I set up previously for when the new mail folder closes--they no longer work. And any new filters added to apply when new mail folder closes don't work either. I changed the filters to apply *before* the new mail folder opens, and they work fine.

It's mainly an annoyance, as I can send, receive and filter--my main tasks.

The only new software added to the machine since Pegasus installation was a small fax program (SnappyFax) and the software and drivers for a HP C3180 all-in-one printer. But Vista auto-updates at least weekly (along with the McAfee internet security suite), and I think the problem began after a Vista update. I have removed and reinstalled the program several times but the problem remains.

Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.

<P>Hello,</P> <P>First time here, but I've been subscribed to the Pmail list for years. I bought a Gateway notebook 3 mos ago, running 32 bit Vista Home Premium.  Installed the latest version of Pegasus, got it up and running OK. Then about a month ago, when starting the program, two error windows opened up on Pegasus startup:  First is (title bar OLE error) error code 80010106. When closed with "OK", a second window opens saying"error initializing OLE" opens. When the second window is closed, Pegasus starts.</P> <P>It effects the filters I set up previously for when the new mail folder closes--they no longer work. And any new filters added to apply when new mail folder closes don't work either. I changed the filters to apply *before* the new mail folder opens, and they work fine.</P> <P>It's mainly an annoyance, as I can send, receive and filter--my main tasks.</P> <P>The only new software added to the machine since Pegasus installation was a small fax program (SnappyFax) and the software and drivers for a HP C3180 all-in-one printer. But Vista auto-updates at least weekly (along with the McAfee internet security suite), and I think the problem began after a Vista update. I have removed and reinstalled the program several times but the problem remains. </P> <P>Any ideas?  Thanks for your time.</P>

Pegasus Mail itself does not use OLE at all   The OLE 80101060 message you are getting is "Cannot change thread mode after it is set."  This suggests an application that can run more than one instance.  From your original message I suggest SnappyFax  maybe set as your default printer and it is not functioning correctly.  I recommend you need to change your Windows Default printer to either a normal printer or the Windows Generic printer.

Martin 

<p>Pegasus Mail itself does not use OLE at all   The OLE 80101060 message you are getting is "Cannot change thread mode after it is set."  This suggests an application that can run more than one instance.  From your original message I suggest SnappyFax  maybe set as your default printer and it is not functioning correctly.  I recommend you need to change your Windows Default printer to either a normal printer or the Windows Generic printer.</p><p>  Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft