Pegasus Mail Suggestions
WISHLIST: Signatures that allow for jpg files

Hello! [quote user="joel"]

Hi,

How can I avoid such a chunk of attachment info (below) being included -- it confuses some people -- and why is the type "unknown"? There's no place I can see to set the file type when I insert the GIF in the signature. thanks!

The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

---- File information -----------
File: logo.gif
Date: 13 Oct 1998, 18:56
Size: 950 bytes.
Type: Unknown 

[/quote] Go to "Tools" | "Options" | "Outgoing mail" | "Sending mail" where you find a section titled "Advanced settings". Make sure that the option "Don't add 'attachment information' sections to Multipart messages" is checked.

Hello! [quote user="joel"]<P>Hi,</P><P>How can I avoid such a chunk of attachment info (below) being included -- it confuses some people -- and why is the type "unknown"? There's no place I can see to set the file type when I insert the GIF in the signature. thanks!</P><P> </P><P>The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance. ---- File information ----------- File: logo.gif Date: 13 Oct 1998, 18:56 Size: 950 bytes. Type: Unknown </P>[/quote] Go to "Tools" | "Options" | "Outgoing mail" | "Sending mail" where you find a section titled "Advanced settings". Make sure that the option "Don't add 'attachment information' sections to Multipart messages" is checked.

My current pmail program only allows for signatures with BMP files. 

I wish I could include a jpg file picture instead.

<P>My current pmail program only allows for signatures with BMP files.  </P> <P>I wish I could include a jpg file picture instead.</P>

I certainly use a GIF in my signature, so you're not restricted to BMPs. The program *should* support JPGs, and even PNGs - what have you tried so far?

Cheers!

-- David --

I certainly use a GIF in my signature, so you're not restricted to BMPs. The program *should* support JPGs, and even PNGs - what have you tried so far? Cheers! -- David --

My bad David.

I tried to use jpgs in the past with no success.  With your response I was encouraged to try again.  For my jpg signature to go out, I MUST have some special formating in my e-mail. 

Straight text will use the non jpg signature.  That was why it was not going out - no special formation.

Thanks for responding.  You just opened yet another door for this very happy user.

Coach

<P>My bad David.</P> <P>I tried to use jpgs in the past with no success.  With your response I was encouraged to try again.  For my jpg signature to go out, I <STRONG>MUST</STRONG> have some <U><EM><STRONG>special formating</STRONG></EM></U> in my e-mail.  </P> <P>Straight text will use the non jpg signature.  That was why it was not going out - no special formation.</P> <P>Thanks for responding.  You just opened yet another door for this very happy user.</P> <P>Coach</P>

Note that as of v4.41, you can default the "Rich text" option to ON (it's in Tools|Options, "Messages and replies").

There was a time when I would have strongly advised against using richtext by default, but these days I think it's really no longer much of an issue.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>Note that as of v4.41, you can default the "Rich text" option to ON (it's in Tools|Options, "Messages and replies"). There was a time when I would have strongly advised against using richtext by default, but these days I think it's really no longer much of an issue. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

Hi,

How can I avoid such a chunk of attachment info (below) being included -- it confuses some people -- and why is the type "unknown"? There's no place I can see to set the file type when I insert the GIF in the signature. thanks!

The following section of this message contains a file attachment
prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format.
If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system,
you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer.
If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance.

---- File information -----------
File: logo.gif
Date: 13 Oct 1998, 18:56
Size: 950 bytes.
Type: Unknown

<p>Hi,</p><p>How can I avoid such a chunk of attachment info (below) being included -- it confuses some people -- and why is the type "unknown"? There's no place I can see to set the file type when I insert the GIF in the signature. thanks!</p><p> </p><p>The following section of this message contains a file attachment prepared for transmission using the Internet MIME message format. If you are using Pegasus Mail, or any other MIME-compliant system, you should be able to save it or view it from within your mailer. If you cannot, please ask your system administrator for assistance. ---- File information ----------- File: logo.gif Date: 13 Oct 1998, 18:56 Size: 950 bytes. Type: Unknown </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft