Community Discussions and Support
Browser change not recognised by Pmail

Many thanks, Steffan, it now works perfectly! A shame the advice isn't in Pmail "Help".

Cheers - & Merry Christmas!!!

Ron

<p>Many thanks, Steffan, it now works perfectly! A shame the advice isn't in Pmail "Help". </p><p>Cheers - & Merry Christmas!!!</p><p>Ron </p><p> </p>

Hi, I've just replaced Deepnet (great but based on IE6) with Firefox and now no URL links in messages are recognised despite Pmail & Firefox being defaults.

Pmail help says: " Some web browsers may not install themselves in a way that will allow the Find browser automatically option to run properly. When this is the case, nothing will appear to happen when you double-click a URL in a message. To fix this situation, enter the path to your web browser in the edit control and make sure the Find browser automatically button is not checked."

- which would be great if I could find any link in Pmail to "edit control" or Find browser automatically button, neither of which are referred to anywhere else in "help".

I've tried every link on the page with no success, can anyone direct me please?

Thanks......

<p>Hi, I've just replaced Deepnet (great but based on IE6) with Firefox and now no URL links in messages are recognised despite Pmail & Firefox being defaults.</p><p>Pmail help says: " Some web browsers may not install themselves in a way that will allow the Find browser automatically option to run properly. When this is the case, nothing will appear to happen when you double-click a URL in a message. To fix this situation, enter the path to your web browser in the edit control and make sure the Find browser automatically button is not checked." </p><p>- which would be great if I could find any link in Pmail to "edit control" or Find browser automatically button, neither of which are referred to anywhere else in "help". </p><p>I've tried every link on the page with no success, can anyone direct me please?</p><p>Thanks...... </p>

Tools | Options | Hyperlinks, uncheck find browser automatically and manually enter the web browser commandline or use the browse button.

Cheers!
Steffan

<p>Tools | Options | Hyperlinks, uncheck find browser automatically and manually enter the web browser commandline or use the browse button.</p><p>Cheers! Steffan </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft