Community Discussions and Support
Lost addresses?

Got to the directory containing the progam and run pconfig.exe.  Reset the HOME and new mail directory spec to the correct drive letter and it should worlk.

<p>Got to the directory containing the progam and run pconfig.exe.  Reset the HOME and new mail directory spec to the correct drive letter and it should worlk.</p><p> </p>

I have been using PMail almost since I started using computers.  My problem; the power unit in my computer blew up.  The electrics were fried.  However, I removed the hard drive and plugged it into another computer, effectviely as another hard drive.  The data is still on it.  I installed a new version of PMail on the C drive of this new computer.  I read somewhere else that I could copy and paste the file containing my address book into the new version of Pmail.  This didn't work.  Can someone tell me if this can be done, or whether there is a simpler way of doing this, or do I wave farewell to my old addresses. Cheers.

I have been using PMail almost since I started using computers.  My problem; the power unit in my computer blew up.  The electrics were fried.  However, I removed the hard drive and plugged it into another computer, effectviely as another hard drive.  The data is still on it.  I installed a new version of PMail on the C drive of this new computer.  I read somewhere else that I could copy and paste the file containing my address book into the new version of Pmail.  This didn't work.  Can someone tell me if this can be done, or whether there is a simpler way of doing this, or do I wave farewell to my old addresses. Cheers.

[quote user="pog"]I have been using PMail almost since I started using computers.  My problem; the power unit in my computer blew up.  The electrics were fried.  However, I removed the hard drive and plugged it into another computer, effectviely as another hard drive.  The data is still on it.  I installed a new version of PMail on the C drive of this new computer.  I read somewhere else that I could copy and paste the file containing my address book into the new version of Pmail.  This didn't work.  Can someone tell me if this can be done, or whether there is a simpler way of doing this, or do I wave farewell to my old addresses. Cheers.[/quote]

Find the "old" and the "new" home mailbox location.... (Search for hierarch.pm or such)

If you don't have any important mails in the new mailbox, just copy the old location over to the new location in Windows Explorer, while Pegasus Mail is nor running. If you don't overwrite existing files there can be no harm done.

On my site there is a complete list of files and extensions used by Pegasus Mail.

<p>[quote user="pog"]I have been using PMail almost since I started using computers.  My problem; the power unit in my computer blew up.  The electrics were fried.  However, I removed the hard drive and plugged it into another computer, effectviely as another hard drive.  The data is still on it.  I installed a new version of PMail on the C drive of this new computer.  I read somewhere else that I could copy and paste the file containing my address book into the new version of Pmail.  This didn't work.  Can someone tell me if this can be done, or whether there is a simpler way of doing this, or do I wave farewell to my old addresses. Cheers.[/quote]</p><p>Find the "old" and the "new" home mailbox location.... (Search for hierarch.pm or such)</p><p>If you don't have any important mails in the new mailbox, just copy the old location over to the new location in Windows Explorer, while Pegasus Mail is nor running. If you don't overwrite existing files there can be no harm done. </p><p>On my site there is a complete list of files and extensions used by Pegasus Mail.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft