Community Discussions and Support
Easy forwarding of multiple emails

[quote]"forward message without editing"[/quote]

Thanks, that seems to work fine. 

[quote]I don't however, understand why you have to fill out the address in

each and every message since you should have done so in the initial

dialogue box.[/quote]

I've only seen this procedure once when someone else was doing it. So I was incorrect about that - you do only need to enter the address once.

Re Spamhalter. I think for the time being I'd prefer to use just the one anti-spam mechanism (Mail Foundry). I guess spamhalter would still miss some messages that had been missed by Mail Foundry. The number coming through at present are manageable by multiple-forwarding. If things get a lot worse I'll consider adding spamhalter, but I would probably be complaining about Mail Foundry before then.

Thanks for the suggestions.

<p>[quote]"forward message without editing"[/quote] </p><p>Thanks, that seems to work fine. </p><p>[quote]I don't however, understand why you have to fill out the address in each and every message since you should have done so in the initial dialogue box.[/quote] </p><p>I've only seen this procedure once when someone else was doing it. So I was incorrect about that - you do only need to enter the address once.</p><p>Re Spamhalter. I think for the time being I'd prefer to use just the one anti-spam mechanism (Mail Foundry). I guess spamhalter would still miss some messages that had been missed by Mail Foundry. The number coming through at present are manageable by multiple-forwarding. If things get a lot worse I'll consider adding spamhalter, but I would probably be complaining about Mail Foundry before then.</p><p>Thanks for the suggestions.</p><p> </p>

My ISP has Mail Foundry which automatically filters out spam before it gets to our POP3 mailbox, and it seems to work very well.

If any spam messages get through we are advised to forward them to a specific email address at MailFoundry where they will use it to enhance their spam filtering.

At present we can select multiple spam email messages in Pegasus (using Shift or Ctrl click) and then click "Forward", but this spawns multiple Forward windows (one for each selected email) and we have to fill in the MailFoundry adderess and click send for every window.

Is there a quicker way of forwarding multiple emails to a single address? For example if we could simply drag-and-drop the spam messages into a "SPAM" folder and have an action trigger which automatically forwards all of those messages to the MailFoundry email address, then that would be ideal. But I can't see that Pegasus has this facility (not sure about plugins though).

Does anyone have any suggestions how we can forward multiple emails like this?

<p>My ISP has Mail Foundry which automatically filters out spam before it gets to our POP3 mailbox, and it seems to work very well.</p><p>If any spam messages get through we are advised to forward them to a specific email address at MailFoundry where they will use it to enhance their spam filtering.</p><p>At present we can select multiple spam email messages in Pegasus (using Shift or Ctrl click) and then click "Forward", but this spawns multiple Forward windows (one for each selected email) and we have to fill in the MailFoundry adderess and click send for every window.</p><p>Is there a quicker way of forwarding multiple emails to a single address? For example if we could simply drag-and-drop the spam messages into a "SPAM" folder and have an action trigger which automatically forwards all of those messages to the MailFoundry email address, then that would be ideal. But I can't see that Pegasus has this facility (not sure about plugins though). </p><p>Does anyone have any suggestions how we can forward multiple emails like this?</p><p> </p>

[quote user="tiresias"]

My ISP has Mail Foundry which automatically filters out spam before it gets to our POP3 mailbox, and it seems to work very well.

If any spam messages get through we are advised to forward them to a specific email address at MailFoundry where they will use it to enhance their spam filtering.

At present we can select multiple spam email messages in Pegasus (using Shift or Ctrl click) and then click "Forward", but this spawns multiple Forward windows (one for each selected email) and we have to fill in the MailFoundry adderess and click send for every window.

Is there a quicker way of forwarding multiple emails to a single address? For example if we could simply drag-and-drop the spam messages into a "SPAM" folder and have an action trigger which automatically forwards all of those messages to the MailFoundry email address, then that would be ideal. But I can't see that Pegasus has this facility (not sure about plugins though).

Does anyone have any suggestions how we can forward multiple emails like this?

[/quote]

After selecting the messages you want to forward and click the forward button you should be getting a dialogue box prompting you to make a couple of decisions  The first line should be where you add the address of whom you are forwarding to.  There are also a couple of radio buttons, one of which is "forward message without editing".  If you select this button and hit forward all the messages you have highlighted will be sent immediately.  You can also do this using a dlist or just adding multiple recipients in the "forward to" address field.  Of course, if you select "edit before sending" you will get the behavior you describe.  I don't however, understand why you have to fill out the address in each and every message since you should have done so in the initial dialogue box. 

Hope this helps

[quote user="tiresias"] <P>My ISP has Mail Foundry which automatically filters out spam before it gets to our POP3 mailbox, and it seems to work very well.</P> <P>If any spam messages get through we are advised to forward them to a specific email address at MailFoundry where they will use it to enhance their spam filtering.</P> <P>At present we can select multiple spam email messages in Pegasus (using Shift or Ctrl click) and then click "Forward", but this spawns multiple Forward windows (one for each selected email) and we have to fill in the MailFoundry adderess and click send for every window.</P> <P>Is there a quicker way of forwarding multiple emails to a single address? For example if we could simply drag-and-drop the spam messages into a "SPAM" folder and have an action trigger which automatically forwards all of those messages to the MailFoundry email address, then that would be ideal. But I can't see that Pegasus has this facility (not sure about plugins though). </P> <P>Does anyone have any suggestions how we can forward multiple emails like this?</P> <P>[/quote]</P> <P> After selecting the messages you want to forward and click the forward button you should be getting a dialogue box prompting you to make a couple of decisions  The first line should be where you add the address of whom you are forwarding to.  There are also a couple of radio buttons, one of which is "forward message without editing".  If you select this button and hit forward all the messages you have highlighted will be sent immediately.  You can also do this using a dlist or just adding multiple recipients in the "forward to" address field.  Of course, if you select "edit before sending" you will get the behavior you describe.  I don't however, understand why you have to fill out the address in each and every message since you should have done so in the initial dialogue box. </P> <P>Hope this helps</P>

Why not select the multiple files for forwarding and select either "Start a new message.." or "Create a MIME digest..) to forward the messages.  This sends the entire RFC 2822 spam message.  If you were to use Spamhalter as will it might help since the spam messages would all be in one spam folder.  ;-)

Why not select the multiple files for forwarding and select either "Start a new message.." or "Create a MIME digest..) to forward the messages.  This sends the entire RFC 2822 spam message.  If you were to use Spamhalter as will it might help since the spam messages would all be in one spam folder.  ;-)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft