Community Discussions and Support
Set Pegasus Mail as default email program in windows XP

[quote user="TomC"]Thanks, folks! Apparently Bob's not my uncle since I no longer use XP, but installing and registering mapipm.dll did the trick.  I thought that was already done automatically in WinPMail 4.52, but I guess not.  As always, thanks for your help!
[/quote]

MAPIPM isn't part of the installer yet, but it's very likely to change with the next release, only SetPMDefault is prepared to deal with it already.

<p>[quote user="TomC"]Thanks, folks! Apparently Bob's not my uncle since I no longer use XP, but installing and registering mapipm.dll did the trick.  I thought that was already done automatically in WinPMail 4.52, but I guess not.  As always, thanks for your help! [/quote]</p><p>MAPIPM isn't part of the installer yet, but it's very likely to change with the next release, only SetPMDefault is prepared to deal with it already. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hi Everyone,

New to Pegasus and the forums.  I did some searches, but couldn't come up with anything helpful.

Probably using the wrong search arguments.

Anyway, How do I set Pegasus up as my default email program in windows XP sp3?  Anyhelp would be appreciated,

or point me to a previous post.

Thanks Everyone

Howard
<DIV>Hi Everyone,</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>New to Pegasus and the forums.  I did some searches, but couldn't come up with anything helpful.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Probably using the wrong search arguments.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Anyway, How do I set Pegasus up as my default email program in windows XP sp3?  Anyhelp would be appreciated,</DIV> <DIV>or point me to a previous post.</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Thanks Everyone</DIV> <DIV> </DIV> <DIV>Howard</DIV>

Are you using 4.51 or v4.52 now? Have you run 4.52 update today? Has setpmdefault run?

Where is WinPM installed. What is the path?  I'm using XPsp3 and have done the updater on serveral machines without any hitch and on all Pegasus Mail is the default mail handler. Does not, howerver, include Word program use.

<p>Are you using 4.51 or v4.52 now? Have you run 4.52 update today? Has setpmdefault run?</p><p>Where is WinPM installed. What is the path?  I'm using XPsp3 and have done the updater on serveral machines without any hitch and on all Pegasus Mail is the default mail handler. Does not, howerver, include Word program use. </p>

Go to  Tools > Options > Incoming Mail > Hyperlinks  the box to click is there.

<p>Go to  <b>Tools > Options > Incoming Mail > Hyperlinks  </b>the box to click is there. </p>

You might also find it useful, once you have chosen that setting in Pegasus, to open Internet Explorer, and go to Tools > Internet Options > Programs and make sure that Pegasus Mail appears in the E-mail drop-down box.

As I am so reluctant to use Internet Explorer, I have not "upgraded" to the newer offerings. So the path I am describing here may not be exactly correct.

You might also find it useful, once you have chosen that setting in Pegasus, to open Internet Explorer, and go to <b>Tools > Internet Options > Programs</b> and make sure that Pegasus Mail appears in the <b>E-mail </b>drop-down box. As I am so reluctant to use Internet Explorer, I have not "upgraded" to the newer offerings. So the path I am describing here may not be exactly correct.

I have installed PMail on a Windows 7 (32) machine.  The "send link" function works properly from Firefox, but Pegasus does not show up in the "Send to" portion of the right-click context menu; nor does it work within IE (which doesn't bother me since I seldom use IE).  I have clicked the "Tools|Options|Incoming Mail|Hyperlinks" button to no effect in this regard.  I ahve also confirmed that Pegasus is set as the default in Windows for URL:MailTo Protocol and MAPI Send Mail command.  Any thoughts?

I have installed PMail on a Windows 7 (32) machine.  The "send link" function works properly from Firefox, but Pegasus does not show up in the "Send to" portion of the right-click context menu; nor does it work within IE (which doesn't bother me since I seldom use IE).  I have clicked the "Tools|Options|Incoming Mail|Hyperlinks" button to no effect in this regard.  I ahve also confirmed that Pegasus is set as the default in Windows for URL:MailTo Protocol and MAPI Send Mail command.  Any thoughts?

TomC,

Take a look here: http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx

TomC, Take a look here: http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx

[quote user="TomC"]Pegasus does not show up in the "Send to" portion of the right-click context menu[/quote]

SetPMDefault (or Pegasus Mail 4.52 with regard to this) doesn't create Pegasus Mail's own SendTo entry, but there should be an entry called Mail Recipient (see its icon below) which is available on all systems by default. Once you have installed MAPIPM it should do what you want (and it will enable using Pegasus Mail in MS Office applications and AdobeReader etc. as well).

<p>[quote user="TomC"]Pegasus does not show up in the "Send to" portion of the right-click context menu[/quote]</p><p>SetPMDefault (or Pegasus Mail 4.52 with regard to this) doesn't create Pegasus Mail's own <i>SendTo</i> entry, but there should be an entry called <i>Mail Recipient</i> (see its icon below) which is available on all systems by default. Once you have installed <a href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry25482.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry25482.aspx">MAPIPM</a> it should do what you want (and it will enable using Pegasus Mail in MS Office applications and AdobeReader etc. as well). </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Open any folder in windows xp. Tools menu,-> Folder Options, ->File Types tab. Near the top of the list, where Extensions registers as (NONE) there will be an entry URL mailto Protocol: select that, then click on the Advanced button in the window. In the list of available actions it will say 'open', select and edit that entry.

enter drive:\directory\subdirectory\pmail\wsendto.exe %1

in the Application field. Click OK.

Bob's your uncle.

<p>Open any folder in windows xp. Tools menu,-> Folder Options, ->File Types tab. Near the top of the list, where Extensions registers as (NONE) there will be an entry URL mailto Protocol: select that, then click on the Advanced button in the window. In the list of available actions it will say 'open', select and edit that entry. </p><p>enter drive:\directory\subdirectory\pmail\wsendto.exe %1</p><p>in the Application field. Click OK. </p><p>Bob's your uncle. </p>

Thanks, folks! Apparently Bob's not my uncle since I no longer use XP, but installing and registering mapipm.dll did the trick.  I thought that was already done automatically in WinPMail 4.52, but I guess not.  As always, thanks for your help!

Thanks, folks! Apparently Bob's not my uncle since I no longer use XP, but installing and registering mapipm.dll did the trick.  I thought that was already done automatically in WinPMail 4.52, but I guess not.  As always, thanks for your help!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft