Community Discussions and Support
Questions on Search / Link Folders

I guess I found out: regardless of the setting in the options it seems that WHEN you search, the marking of "Delete search results on exit" in the search window is critical. Without marking this the individuel search result still remain after PM exit.  Otherwise not.

<p>I guess I found out: regardless of the setting in the options it seems that WHEN you search, the marking of "Delete search results on exit" in the search window is critical. Without marking this the individuel search result still remain after PM exit.  Otherwise not. </p>

Hi!

Two questions on the search results "link folders": 

• Is there any way of clearing the folders view of Recent Search Results - currently I click each of those link folders, and manually delete them. This is a bit of a mission.... Is there any way of shading numerous folders and then deleting them, or even selecting all and deleting all?
  • Any way of refreshing the link folders? Something like hitting F5 to rerun the search of a link folder to incorporate mails that may have arrived since the search was first run

thanks!

Rolf 

<p>Hi!</p><p> </p><p>Two questions on the search results "link folders": </p><ul><li>Is there any way of clearing the folders view of Recent Search Results - currently I click each of those link folders, and manually delete them. This is a bit of a mission.... Is there any way of shading numerous folders and then deleting them, or even selecting all and deleting all?</li><li>Any way of refreshing the link folders? Something like hitting F5 to rerun the search of a link folder to incorporate mails that may have arrived since the search was first run</li></ul><p>thanks!</p><p>Rolf </p><p> </p>

No and no, but both are planned.

It was always the intention to store the search with the folder so it could be resubmitted with a single click, but we just ran out of time. It should be in the next release.

As far as multiple selection goes... That's a little more tricky, but you're not the only person who has requested it.

Cheers!

-- David --

No and no, but both are planned. It was always the intention to store the search with the folder so it could be resubmitted with a single click, but we just ran out of time. It should be in the next release. As far as multiple selection goes... That's a little more tricky, but you're not the only person who has requested it. Cheers! -- David --

[quote user="Rendres"]

• Is there any way of clearing the folders view of Recent Search Results - currently I click each of those link folders, and manually delete them. This is a bit of a mission.... Is there any way of shading numerous folders and then deleting them, or even selecting all and deleting all?

[/quote]

In Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviours, you can set the option "Default setting for search result folders is delete on exit". Search result folders created after ticking that option will be deleted automatically on program exit. That might help for the future. 

[quote user="Rendres"]<ul><li>Is there any way of clearing the folders view of Recent Search Results - currently I click each of those link folders, and manually delete them. This is a bit of a mission.... Is there any way of shading numerous folders and then deleting them, or even selecting all and deleting all?</li></ul><p>[/quote]</p><p>In Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviours, you can set the option "Default setting for search result folders is delete on exit". Search result folders created after ticking that option will be deleted automatically on program exit. That might help for the future. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]

In Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviours, you can set the option "Default setting for search result folders is delete on exit". Search result folders created after ticking that option will be deleted automatically on program exit. That might help for the future. 

[/quote]

Very good, I was just looking for that!  [:)]

May I suggest this -- some day -- being added to the built-in help > "Searching your folders for specific text" where I was missing it.

Thanx!

[quote user="Han v.d. Bogaerde"]<p>In Tools -> Options -> Folder behaviours, you can set the option "Default setting for search result folders is delete on exit". Search result folders created after ticking that option will be deleted automatically on program exit. That might help for the future. </p><p> [/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Very good, I was just looking for that!  [:)]</p><p>May I suggest this -- some day -- being added to the built-in help > "Searching your folders for specific text" where I was missing it.</p><p>Thanx! </p>

What, it doesnt work...?!?

(using PM 4.51)

<p> </p><p>What, it doesnt work...?!?</p><p>(using PM 4.51) </p>

Strange. Does and has always worked for me, in 4.41 and 4.51. Don't understand why, unless there's some issue with your PC.

Strange. Does and has always worked for me, in 4.41 and 4.51. Don't understand why, unless there's some issue with your PC.

Right, pretty strange.  Has always worked for me too (have used PM for many years), but suddenly it doesnt.

"Suddenly" means that I recently "rebuilded" the pmail.ini file (because of some difficulties), ie. set up all the settings from scratch via the menus.  Now everything works fine except this.

<p>Right, pretty strange.  Has always worked for me too (have used PM for many years), but suddenly it doesnt.</p><p>"Suddenly" means that I recently "rebuilded" the pmail.ini file (because of some difficulties), ie. set up all the settings from scratch via the menus.  Now everything works fine except this. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft