Community Discussions and Support
Bare LF

[quote user="GLM"]

Anyone knows how bare LF messages received by the SMTP module are processed by Mercury/32?

-messages are accepted and LF converted to CR/LF pair

[/quote]

I would expect this to be the case almost everywhere in Mercury. The problem is that a message file can be processed so many times in the course of passing through the queue that there may be some places where it's not so - but as a general rule, this is what I would expect to happen. I code pretty defensively against bad line endings.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="GLM"]<font size="2"><p>Anyone knows how <i>bare LF</i> messages received by the SMTP module are processed by Mercury/32?</p><p>                              -messages are accepted and LF converted to CR/LF pair</p></font>[/quote] I would expect this to be the case almost everywhere in Mercury. The problem is that a message file can be processed so many times in the course of passing through the queue that there may be some places where it's not so - but as a general rule, this is what I would expect to happen. I code pretty defensively against bad line endings. Cheers! -- David --

Hello,

Anyone knows how bare LF messages received by the SMTP module are processed by Mercury/32?

-messages are rejected

-messages are accepted as is

-messages are accepted and LF converted to CR/LF pair

- NOTA

Bare LF: every line in an message is required to end with a CR/LF pair. Some software ends lines with LF. This isn't RFC-compliant.

TIA.

Regards.

<FONT size=2> <P>Hello,</P> <P>Anyone knows how <EM>bare LF</EM> messages received by the SMTP module are processed by Mercury/32?</P> <P>                              -messages are rejected</P> <P>                              -messages are accepted as is</P> <P>                              -messages are accepted and LF converted to CR/LF pair</P> <P>                              - NOTA</P> <P>Bare LF: every line in an message is required to end with a CR/LF pair. Some software ends lines with LF. This isn't RFC-compliant. </P> <P>TIA.</P> <P>Regards.</P></FONT>

You've got no answer and I really do not have a clue how these would be received by MercuryS and MercuryD but the real point is that the RFCs require the mailer to end every line to end with a CR/LF. 

You've got no answer and I really do not have a clue how these would be received by MercuryS and MercuryD but the real point is that the RFCs require the mailer to end every line to end with a CR/LF. 
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft