Community Discussions and Support
How to capture "Non-Local" Messages

YEP, Works great when you know where to go and set it up !!

Thanx for the assistance, much appreciated !!

Regards,

Keith

<P>YEP, Works great when you know where to go and set it up !!</P> <P>Thanx for the assistance, much appreciated !!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Regards,</P> <P>Keith</P>

Greetings,

In the "Mercury Distributing POP3 Client" I routinely see lines like "2 non-local messages ignored".  Is there a way to capture these to a specific mailbox dedicated to this kind of thing to examine what kind of garbage is coming in?  I just want to review and determine if I should set up some sort of Rule and just what is being ignored?

Thanx,

Keith

<P>Greetings,</P> <P>In the "Mercury Distributing POP3 Client" I routinely see lines like "2 non-local messages ignored".  Is there a way to capture these to a specific mailbox dedicated to this kind of thing to examine what kind of garbage is coming in?  I just want to review and determine if I should set up some sort of Rule and just what is being ignored?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanx,</P> <P>Keith</P>

Yes, set the default user to pick these up.  From the help:

Default user  When distributing mail from a domain mailbox, MercuryD may encounter messages for whom it can find no local recipient; this will commonly happen if one of your users subscribes to a mailing list, since mailing lists usually do not indicate the actual recipient anywhere in the message headers. In cases such as this, MercuryD can be told to deliver the message to a specific, or default user. If you leave this field blank, MercuryD will discard any messages for which it can find no local delivery addresses. This field is only meaningful when you have told MercuryD to distribute mail (by leaving the Local user field blank).

Yes, set the default user to pick these up.  From the help: Default user  When distributing mail from a domain mailbox, MercuryD may encounter messages for whom it can find no local recipient; this will commonly happen if one of your users subscribes to a mailing list, since mailing lists usually do not indicate the actual recipient anywhere in the message headers. In cases such as this, MercuryD can be told to deliver the message to a specific, or default user. If you leave this field blank, MercuryD will discard any messages for which it can find no local delivery addresses. This field is only meaningful when you have told MercuryD to distribute mail (by leaving the Local user field blank).
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft