Community Discussions and Support
Migration Problem

> Transend seems to have migrated my messages and folders/mailboxes in that C:/pmail/mail now contains .PMI and PMM folders. However, the
> .PMI folders have no data in them and when I bring up Pegasus, the folders/mailboxes and messages do not appear even after selecting all
> folders from the folders drop down menu. How can I make Pegasus recognize them?

When doing the migration first do a Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info in Pegasus Mail and note the HOME mail directory.  Then when Transend asks for a directory specify the HOME mail directory.  Make sure Pegasus Mail is not running when you do the transfer.

If the folder files (*.PMI/*.PMM) are already in the HOME mail directory then try  the following procedure.  This has worked for several others to restore the functionality of the  message folders:    

1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to determine your mail
    directory.  Exit Pegasus mail.

2.  Rename the file HIERARCH.PM in your HOME mail directory to
    HIERARCH.SAV.

3.  Run WinPMail.  Your HIERARCH.PM will be re-created and should
    start working correctly.

Note:  This will delete any tray structure you have created and it
           will have to be recreated.  The process will not affect any
           mail of mail folders you have, it only affects the display of
           the folders.    

> Transend seems to have migrated my messages and folders/mailboxes in that C:/pmail/mail now contains .PMI and PMM folders. However, the > .PMI folders have no data in them and when I bring up Pegasus, the folders/mailboxes and messages do not appear even after selecting all > folders from the folders drop down menu. How can I make Pegasus recognize them? When doing the migration first do a Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info in Pegasus Mail and note the HOME mail directory.  Then when Transend asks for a directory specify the HOME mail directory.  Make sure Pegasus Mail is not running when you do the transfer. If the folder files (*.PMI/*.PMM) are already in the HOME mail directory then try  the following procedure.  This has worked for several others to restore the functionality of the  message folders:     1.  Use Help | About Pegasus Mail | Info to determine your mail     directory.  Exit Pegasus mail. 2.  Rename the file HIERARCH.PM in your HOME mail directory to     HIERARCH.SAV. 3.  Run WinPMail.  Your HIERARCH.PM will be re-created and should     start working correctly. Note:  This will delete any tray structure you have created and it            will have to be recreated.  The process will not affect any            mail of mail folders you have, it only affects the display of            the folders.    

I am a new Pegasus user (Version 4.52) and am attempting to migrate my messages, folders/mailboxes, and address books from Eudora 7.1.0.9 using the Transend Migration utility. I would very much appreciate advice on the following problems I have encountered:

Transend seems to have migrated my messages and folders/mailboxes in that C:/pmail/mail now contains .PMI and PMM folders. However, the .PMI folders have no data in them and when I bring up Pegasus, the folders/mailboxes and messages do not appear even after selecting all folders from the folders drop down menu. How can I make Pegasus recognize them?

When attempting to migrate my address books, Transend asks for the Pegasus file locations to store them. I can not find any .PMR or PM! files in C:/pmail/mail. Do I need to create these folders or were they created when installing 4.52. Again, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Jack Shomenta

<P>I am a new Pegasus user (Version 4.52) and am attempting to migrate my messages, folders/mailboxes, and address books from Eudora 7.1.0.9 using the Transend Migration utility. I would very much appreciate advice on the following problems I have encountered:</P> <P> Transend seems to have migrated my messages and folders/mailboxes in that C:/pmail/mail now contains .PMI and PMM folders. However, the .PMI folders have no data in them and when I bring up Pegasus, the folders/mailboxes and messages do not appear even after selecting all folders from the folders drop down menu. How can I make Pegasus recognize them?</P> <P>When attempting to migrate my address books, Transend asks for the Pegasus file locations to store them. I can not find any .PMR or PM! files in C:/pmail/mail. Do I need to create these folders or were they created when installing 4.52. Again, thanks in advance for any help you can provide.</P> <P>Jack Shomenta</P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft