Community Discussions and Support
Lost a Folder!!!

Success!!!

I'm very grateful. Thank you.

Tom

<P>Success!!!</P> <P> I'm very grateful. Thank you.</P> <P> Tom</P>

Pegasus 4.41 (Win32), XP home

System crashed, so a couple of folders were corrupt. 

I reindexed them.

When I closed Pegasus, it spent an awful lot of time saving freed up disk space.

When I ran Pegasus again, it could not access probably my most important folder. 

Said reindex it.  So I did.  Pegasus crashed and XP error message.

Ran Pegasus again, and all is fine. 

Except...

....my most important folder no longer exists!!!!!

Have various back-ups.

Backed-up existing folder and copied most recent good version as main folder.  When I  ran Pegasus, it wanted to help me set up my e-mail and connections (so, obviously, an important file was missing).

Is there anyway to use the most recent back-up?

If not, is there anyway to re-insert an earlier version of the lost folder?

If not, what else do you recommend?

Many thanks for all suggestions!

Tom

<P> Pegasus 4.41 (Win32), XP home</P> <P> System crashed, so a couple of folders were corrupt.  </P> <P> I reindexed them.</P> <P> When I closed Pegasus, it spent an awful lot of time saving freed up disk space.</P> <P>When I ran Pegasus again, it could not access probably my most important folder.  </P> <P> Said reindex it.  So I did.  Pegasus crashed and XP error message.</P> <P> Ran Pegasus again, and all is fine.  </P> <P>Except...</P> <P>....my most important folder no longer exists!!!!!</P> <P>Have various back-ups.</P> <P>Backed-up existing folder and copied most recent good version as main folder.  When I  ran Pegasus, it wanted to help me set up my e-mail and connections (so, obviously, an important file was missing).</P> <P> Is there anyway to use the most recent back-up?</P> <P> If not, is there anyway to re-insert an earlier version of the lost folder?</P> <P> If not, what else do you recommend?</P> <P> Many thanks for all suggestions!</P> <P> Tom</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Remove everything.

Put back your "existing" PMAIL folder from backup.

BEFORE STARTING PMAIL:

Remove any remnants of your important folder ( it's .PMI &  .PMM files)

Copy  the .PMI & .PMM files for your important folder ONLY, from your most recent backup.

Unset the 'read only' attribute if they come from a CD.

Start PMAIL.

Marvel at the presence & completeness of your restored folder. (hopefully [:)])

<p>Remove everything.</p><p>Put back your "existing" PMAIL folder from backup.</p><p>BEFORE STARTING PMAIL:</p><p>Remove any remnants of your important folder ( it's .PMI &  .PMM files)</p><p>Copy  the .PMI & .PMM files for your important folder ONLY, from your most recent backup.</p><p>Unset the 'read only' attribute if they come from a CD.</p><p>Start PMAIL.</p><p>Marvel at the presence & completeness of your restored folder. (hopefully [:)]) </p>

I really appreciate the help and will give this a try.

How can you tell which .pmi and .pmm files go which folder?

Tom

<P>I really appreciate the help and will give this a try.</P> <P> How can you tell which .pmi and .pmm files go which folder?</P> <P> Tom</P>

If you open them with a text editor, it should have the 'foldername' in the first line.

The PMM is the data file & PMI is the index, both with the same base name (FOL12345.*), you need both,

<p>If you open them with a text editor, it should have the 'foldername' in the first line.</p><p>The PMM is the data file & PMI is the index, both with the same base name (FOL12345.*), you need both, </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft