Community Discussions and Support
AW: Inserting a picture into email

I have the same problems. You can always duplicate it when you write a

new message, then use the glossary funktion and after that you insert a

picture. When you send the message to you self you can see that the not

visible picture was send. V4.52 (DE)

This I can duplicate and it's something I'd never seen before.  I'll pass this one on to the testers for verification as well.

<blockquote>I have the same problems. You can always duplicate it when you write a new message, then use the glossary funktion and after that you insert a picture. When you send the message to you self you can see that the not visible picture was send. V4.52 (DE) </blockquote><p>This I can duplicate and it's something I'd never seen before.  I'll pass this one on to the testers for verification as well.</p><p> </p>

This is a problem that I first saw in the 4.02 pmail, and has carried across to the current version.

Given a rich text email  has been created, the requirement is to insert a picture (jpg, gif, etc) into the email.  In my case, usually in front of the first text line, but in fact it does not matter where the picture is to be inserted.

What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, 'Insert a pcture' > 'Add picture' does not insert a picture.  It appears to do nothing.  Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the end of the email.  The picture itself is not visible.  It is impossible to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted.

If this is ignored and the Add picture instruction is repeated, the picture is correctly inserted at the cursor, and is fully visible.  If the email is then sent, both pictures are embedded, with the unwanted picture holder visible as the picture itself.

This is a real nuisance, as the process of trying to insert a single image is almost impossible. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a work-around, but have been unsuccessful.  Is there any way to overcome this problem?

<p>This is a problem that I first saw in the 4.02 pmail, and has carried across to the current version.</p><p> </p><p>Given a rich text email  has been created, the requirement is to insert a picture (jpg, gif, etc) into the email.  In my case, usually in front of the first text line, but in fact it does not matter where the picture is to be inserted.  </p><p>What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, 'Insert a pcture' > 'Add picture' does not insert a picture.  It appears to do nothing.  Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the end of the email.  The picture itself is not visible.  It is impossible to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted.</p><p> </p><p>If this is ignored and the Add picture instruction is repeated, the picture is correctly inserted at the cursor, and is fully visible.  If the email is then sent, both pictures are embedded, with the unwanted picture holder visible as the picture itself.</p><p> </p><p> This is a real nuisance, as the process of trying to insert a single image is almost impossible. I've spent a lot of time trying to find a work-around, but have been unsuccessful.  Is there any way to overcome this problem?</p><p> </p><p>  </p>

What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, 'Insert a

pcture' > 'Add picture' does not insert a picture.  It appears to do

nothing.  Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a

picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the

end of the email.  The picture itself is not visible.  It is impossible

to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted.

I send in-line graphics all the time and I cannot duplicate your problem. I do see that every once in a while that WinPMail does insert the picture

in the wrong location but I have never had any problem at all of

selecting the inserted graphic frame and deleting it.

<blockquote>What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, 'Insert a pcture' > 'Add picture' does not insert a picture.  It appears to do nothing.  Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the end of the email.  The picture itself is not visible.  It is impossible to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted.</blockquote>I send in-line graphics all the time and I cannot duplicate your problem. I do see that every once in a while that WinPMail does insert the picture in the wrong location but I have never had any problem at all of selecting the inserted graphic frame and deleting it.

>>What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, 'Insert a picture' > 'Add picture' does not insert a picture.  It appears to do nothing.  Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the end of the email.  The picture itself is not visible.  It is impossible to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted<<

I have the same problems. You can always duplicate it when you write a new message, then use the glossary funktion and after that you insert a picture. When you send the message to you self you can see that the not visible picture was send. V4.52 (DE) 

&lt;P&gt;&amp;gt;&amp;gt;What happens is that after placing the cursor appropriately, &#039;Insert a picture&#039; &amp;gt; &#039;Add picture&#039; does not insert a picture.&amp;nbsp; It appears to do nothing.&amp;nbsp; Howerver, clicking after the last line of the email reveals a picture holder with resizing handles at some arbitrary point above the end of the email.&amp;nbsp; The picture itself is not visible.&amp;nbsp; It is impossible to manipulated this picture holder in any way, and it cannot be deleted&amp;lt;&amp;lt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I have the same problems. You can always duplicate it when you write a new message, then use the glossary funktion and after that you insert a picture. When you send the message&amp;nbsp;to you self you can see that the not visible picture was send. V4.52 (DE)&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft