Community Discussions and Support
501 invalid arguments

First of all I wouild create a session log of the whole transaction.  Go to MercurE configuration and fill in the directory and check the session log box. (Don't forget to turn it off later as they can get quite large.

With the complete detail, you will be able to see what's happening with these connections.

<P>First of all I wouild create a session log of the whole transaction.  Go to MercurE configuration and fill in the directory and check the session log box. (Don't forget to turn it off later as they can get quite large.</P> <P> With the complete detail, you will be able to see what's happening with these connections.</P>

I am running pegasus mail clients with mercury for windows.  When a user send an email to the following addresses they are returned

------------------------------------------------------------------
-
*** klingerfamily@msn.com 501 Invalid arguments

*** naomiksuit@hotmail.com
501 Invalid arguments
------------------------------------------------------------------
-

Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part
of this
message.

Should you need assistance, please mail
postmaster@[192.168.0.9].

<P>I am running pegasus mail clients with mercury for windows.  When a user send an email to the following addresses they are returned</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>------------------------------------------------------------------ - *** klingerfamily@msn.com 501 Invalid arguments *** naomiksuit@hotmail.com 501 Invalid arguments ------------------------------------------------------------------ - Your mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this message. Should you need assistance, please mail postmaster@[192.168.0.9]. </P>

The "501 invalid arguments" message is being issued by the mailer at the other end, not by Pegasus Mail. It's either a configuration issue at MSN/Hotmail, or some mailer between you and them doing something strange with the transaction.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>The "501 invalid arguments" message is being issued by the mailer at the other end, not by Pegasus Mail. It's either a configuration issue at MSN/Hotmail, or some mailer between you and them doing something strange with the transaction. Cheers! -- David --  </p>

David

Thank you for your reply, This issue has expanded beyond just msn & hotmail, which are one and the same I hame having this issue now with multiple domains.  I recently had to change the way mercury is running, I used to be using the smtp client, but due to a recent firewall crash, & re[placment I am now using the smptp end to end mailer

<P>David </P> <P>    Thank you for your reply, This issue has expanded beyond just msn & hotmail, which are one and the same I hame having this issue now with multiple domains.  I recently had to change the way mercury is running, I used to be using the smtp client, but due to a recent firewall crash, & re[placment I am now using the smptp end to end mailer</P>

I am pretty sure this is due to a challenge by the recievers email trying to verify that this actually comming from the mail server and not a spammer.  What is the response supposed to be and is there a way of checking for instance in a telent session?

I am pretty sure this is due to a challenge by the recievers email trying to verify that this actually comming from the mail server and not a spammer.  What is the response supposed to be and is there a way of checking for instance in a telent session?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft