Mercury Suggestions
Welcome file: a new variable for moderators

In the welcome file for mailing lists, it would be great if there was a variable for moderators; if there was more than one perhaps they could be separated by CRs.

In the welcome file for mailing lists, it would be great if there was a variable for moderators; if there was more than one perhaps they could be separated by CRs.

It's a shame you couldn't have come up with this even a week ago - I might have been able to slip it into v4.5. Now, though, v4.5 is frozen for release, and I can't make any further changes until the release is done and the dust settles down a little.

Take heart, though: one of the lessons I've learnt from the excessive development cycle on v4.5 is that I need to open up the testing process much more and get regular stable betas out so that changes like this can be propagated more rapidly for people like yourself who need them.

Expect to see some announcements about changes in this area after the v4.5 release.

Cheers!

-- David --

It's a shame you couldn't have come up with this even a week ago - I might have been able to slip it into v4.5. Now, though, v4.5 is frozen for release, and I can't make any further changes until the release is done and the dust settles down a little. Take heart, though: one of the lessons I've learnt from the excessive development cycle on v4.5 is that I need to open up the testing process much more and get regular stable betas out so that changes like this can be propagated more rapidly for people like yourself who need them. Expect to see some announcements about changes in this area after the v4.5 release. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft