Community Discussions and Support
Address book import

I went to the DAWN site - the latest download there doesn't mention Windows 7 - let alone 64 bit setups.  So - back to my basic question: I have a large set of "contacts" in my Yahoo.com account that I wish to import into Pegasus V 4.52. Will DAWN really work for me?

Why not?  Win7 and 64 bit have nothing to do with this. 

<blockquote>I went to the DAWN site - the latest download there doesn't mention Windows 7 - let alone 64 bit setups.  So - back to my basic question: I have a large set of "contacts" in my Yahoo.com account that I wish to import into Pegasus V 4.52. Will DAWN really work for me? </blockquote><p> Why not?  Win7 and 64 bit have nothing to do with this.  </p>

Hi,

I have been using Outlook Express till recently. Now I want to switch over to Pegasus Mail.

I have a big address book in outlook express, is there any way to import this  address book from outlook to pegasus mail? It will take a long time if I make new address book with several hundred addresses?

Can anyone help me please?

Reagards

Devang 

<p>Hi, </p><p>I have been using Outlook Express till recently. Now I want to switch over to Pegasus Mail.</p><p>I have a big address book in outlook express, is there any way to import this  address book from outlook to pegasus mail? It will take a long time if I make new address book with several hundred addresses?</p><p>Can anyone help me please?</p><p>Reagards</p><p>Devang </p><p> </p><p> </p>

There's a free address book converter called Dawn available at http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/ which many people have used with success.

<P>There's a free address book converter called Dawn available at <A href="http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/">http://mysite.verizon.net/zakharin/software/Dawn/</A> which many people have used with success.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your message and that too so fast. I downloaded the converter software and conversted adddress book from outlook express to pegasus mail .pmr format.

Now the question is, how pegasus mail can use this .pmr address book?
Pegasus mail does not show or finds the address book? I tried to look into the ini file for any path setting for address book, but it does not have one.

Thanks again, hope you or some one has the answer.

Regards. 

<p>Hi Paul, </p><p>Thanks for your message and that too so fast. I downloaded the converter software and conversted adddress book from outlook express to pegasus mail .pmr format. </p><p>Now the question is, how pegasus mail can use this .pmr address book? Pegasus mail does not show or finds the address book? I tried to look into the ini file for any path setting for address book, but it does not have one. </p><p>Thanks again, hope you or some one has the answer.</p><p>Regards. </p><p> </p>

[quote user="devang"]

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your message and that too so fast. I downloaded the converter software and conversted adddress book from outlook express to pegasus mail .pmr format.

Now the question is, how pegasus mail can use this .pmr address book?
Pegasus mail does not show or finds the address book? I tried to look into the ini file for any path setting for address book, but it does not have one.

Thanks again, hope you or some one has the answer.

Regards. 

[/quote]

1. Hit F3, create a new addressbook.

2. Use Addressbook | Import tag-text file and point it at the PMR file created by Dawn.

[quote user="devang"]<p>Hi Paul, </p><p>Thanks for your message and that too so fast. I downloaded the converter software and conversted adddress book from outlook express to pegasus mail .pmr format. </p><p>Now the question is, how pegasus mail can use this .pmr address book? Pegasus mail does not show or finds the address book? I tried to look into the ini file for any path setting for address book, but it does not have one. </p><p>Thanks again, hope you or some one has the answer.</p><p>Regards. </p><p> </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>1. Hit F3, create a new addressbook.</p><p>2. Use Addressbook | Import tag-text file and point it at the PMR file created by Dawn.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

Hi,

I'm using Pegasus 4.41 and Dawn 5.4 and Dawn's output doesn't seem to work for me (i.e. using Thomas's method).  I get an address book of garbage.  Has anyone else had success with Pegasus 4.41 and Dawn 5.4 (using Outlook Express Default address book as import and Pegasus as export formats).

thanks!

<P>Hi,</P> <P>I'm using Pegasus 4.41 and Dawn 5.4 and Dawn's output doesn't seem to work for me (i.e. using Thomas's method).  I get an address book of garbage.  Has anyone else had success with Pegasus 4.41 and Dawn 5.4 (using Outlook Express Default address book as import and Pegasus as export formats).</P> <P>thanks!</P>

I also downloaded Dawn, to import from Outlook to Peg.  Nothing has worked.  (Created the .pmr, created new address books, tried import, and it just doesn't want to cooperate.

Plan B?

Peter

<P>I also downloaded Dawn, to import from Outlook to Peg.  Nothing has worked.  (Created the .pmr, created new address books, tried import, and it just doesn't want to cooperate.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Plan B?</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Peter</P>

[quote user="cowguy"]Plan B?[/quote]

There's a list fo conversion programs here:

http://www.emailman.com/conversion/#addrwin

There doesn't seem to be much else in that list other than a web-based tool:

http://www.interguru.com/mailconv.htm

I don't know I'd be happy about using a web-based tool for a task like this, but that's a possible option at any rate.

Besides that I don't know what one could do other than go via another email program. Mulberry is not the most intuitive of email programs, but its importers are said to be very good. I guess you could use it to import the WAB and then export from it into one of the formats Pegasus can handle. It's a bit of a round-about way of doing things -- although I suppose using Dawn involved installing an extra program. AFAIK, Mulberry can be installed on a USB thumb drive, so there's no need to put extra clutter on the machine. (There's a "portable Thunderbird", too.)

Other than a web-based solution or going via another mail program, which you might install temporarily on a thumb drive, I think there are few strategies left. If you can get the contents of the WAB into a form in which you can manipulate it as a text file or in Excel -- can't remember what formats it can export to -- I guess you could hack it by hand, removing any fields that might be causing problems. But that could end up being time-consuming.

<p>[quote user="cowguy"]Plan B?[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>There's a list fo conversion programs here:</p><p>http://www.emailman.com/conversion/#addrwin</p><p>There doesn't seem to be much else in that list other than a web-based tool:</p><p>http://www.interguru.com/mailconv.htm</p><p>I don't know I'd be happy about using a web-based tool for a task like this, but that's a possible option at any rate.</p><p>Besides that I don't know what one could do other than go via another email program. Mulberry is not the most intuitive of email programs, but its importers are said to be very good. I guess you could use it to import the WAB and then export from it into one of the formats Pegasus can handle. It's a bit of a round-about way of doing things -- although I suppose using Dawn involved installing an extra program. AFAIK, Mulberry can be installed on a USB thumb drive, so there's no need to put extra clutter on the machine. (There's a "portable Thunderbird", too.) </p><p>  Other than a web-based solution or going via another mail program, which you might install temporarily on a thumb drive, I think there are few strategies left. If you can get the contents of the WAB into a form in which you can manipulate it as a text file or in Excel -- can't remember what formats it can export to -- I guess you could hack it by hand, removing any fields that might be causing problems. But that could end up being time-consuming.  </p>

I went to the DAWN site - the latest download there doesn't mention Windows 7 - let alone 64 bit setups.  So - back to my basic question: I have a large set of "contacts" in my Yahoo.com account that I wish to import into Pegasus V 4.52.

Will DAWN really work for me?

guneric };>

<P>I went to the DAWN site - the latest download there doesn't mention Windows 7 - let alone 64 bit setups.  So - back to my basic question: I have a large set of "contacts" in my Yahoo.com account that I wish to import into Pegasus V 4.52.</P> <P>Will DAWN really work for me?</P> <P>guneric };></P>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft