Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Features for filters

Good evening !

Thank you very much for this quick answer. You saved me a lot of trouble and time. Maybe this link could be inserted into a sticky post for everyone to see ?

Best !

Whiskyfizz.

<p>Good evening !</p><p>Thank you very much for this quick answer. You saved me a lot of trouble and time. Maybe this link could be inserted into a sticky post for everyone to see ?</p><p>Best !</p><p>Whiskyfizz. </p>

Hi !

I have looked but could not find any way of exporting or importing the various filter rules. So in case this functionality is not there (which would be rather surprising since the hedge of Pegasus Mail in terms of filtering capabilities), would it be possible to add for the next release ?

Also, I have a lot of filter rules, more than 200, and sometimes I have to move a group of rules up or down. Now suppose I have 20 of them and I am at the bottom of my 200-length filter rules, I have to click more than 150 times to reach the top of the list. So my suggestion is the following : could it be possible to have some kind of group moving capability with the mouse ? We can select the group of rules we want, and then using the mouse, just move it up or down. It would be faster and also would save lots of clicks [:)] which would make Pegasus even better than it is already.

Thanks !

Whiskyfizz. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>I have looked but could not find any way of exporting or importing the various filter rules. So in case this functionality is not there (which would be rather surprising since the hedge of Pegasus Mail in terms of filtering capabilities), would it be possible to add for the next release ?</p><p>Also, I have a lot of filter rules, more than 200, and sometimes I have to move a group of rules up or down. Now suppose I have 20 of them and I am at the bottom of my 200-length filter rules, I have to click more than 150 times to reach the top of the list. So my suggestion is the following : could it be possible to have some kind of group moving capability with the mouse ? We can select the group of rules we want, and then using the mouse, just move it up or down. It would be faster and also would save lots of clicks [:)] which would make Pegasus even better than it is already.</p><p>Thanks !</p><p>Whiskyfizz. </p>

You could close down PM and carefully edit your rules with a standard text editor like Notepad.  Each set of rules is held as a separate file in your home folder.  You may find that easier if you have extensive re-ordering to do.

<P>You could close down PM and carefully edit your rules with a standard text editor like Notepad.  Each set of rules is held as a separate file in your home folder.  You may find that easier if you have extensive re-ordering to do.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi !

Okay, thanks for the tip. However, this is far from being user-friendly, and since one of the goal of this project is to increase the user base, I think this feature would help. Of course, it has to be done without sacrificing the stability of the program, but I am sure we can count on David to evaluate it properly, should he consider it for evaluation, which I hope.

Bye !

Whiskyfizz. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>Okay, thanks for the tip. However, this is far from being user-friendly, and since one of the goal of this project is to increase the user base, I think this feature would help. Of course, it has to be done without sacrificing the stability of the program, but I am sure we can count on David to evaluate it properly, should he consider it for evaluation, which I hope.</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Whiskyfizz. </p>

You may want to look at the various flow control options, using labels, Goto's, Calls, and Returns. Using these you can define blocks of rules. Then you control the position of the blocks using Calls and Returns. If you want to move the block, just move the single Call rule.

You may want to look at the various flow control options, using labels, Goto's, Calls, and Returns. Using these you can define blocks of rules. Then you control the position of the blocks using Calls and Returns. If you want to move the block, just move the single Call rule.

Hi !

Okay, I was sure there was some features unkown to me that was suited for the job. Thanks for pointing these out. Given that and the fact that the rules are already in a file, it seems the import end export feature I was suggesting are superfluous. However, one should point these possibilities in the help file or the manual, so that the user knows such operations are possible, and they should be put forward in the feature list of the program like "Mail filtering, export and import of rule filters, ...".

Again, thanks for the tip.

Bye !

Whiskyfizz.

<p>Hi !</p><p>Okay, I was sure there was some features unkown to me that was suited for the job. Thanks for pointing these out. Given that and the fact that the rules are already in a file, it seems the import end export feature I was suggesting are superfluous. However, one should point these possibilities in the help file or the manual, so that the user knows such operations are possible, and they should be put forward in the feature list of the program like "Mail filtering, export and import of rule filters, ...".</p><p>Again, thanks for the tip.</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Whiskyfizz.  </p>

Hello !

I have a big problem when launching Pegasus Mail. It seems the new mail folder contains a message that makes the filter rule hang for so long that my computer shuts down. I would like this folder not to be filtered and to do that I need to modify with a text editor the corresponding file. In short, I need to erase the content of the new mail filter by opening the corresponding file in notepad but I do not know the file name. Can someone give it to me ?

Please help.

Thanks.

<p>Hello !</p><p>I have a big problem when launching Pegasus Mail. It seems the new mail folder contains a message that makes the filter rule hang for so long that my computer shuts down. I would like this folder not to be filtered and to do that I need to modify with a text editor the corresponding file. In short, I need to erase the content of the new mail filter by opening the corresponding file in notepad but I do not know the file name. Can someone give it to me ? </p><p>Please help.</p><p>Thanks. </p>

[quote user="whiskyfizz"]Can someone give it to me ?[/quote]

The list of filenames and extensions.

<p>[quote user="whiskyfizz"]Can someone give it to me ?[/quote]</p><p>The <a href="http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/pf_pmfiles.html" mce_href="http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/pf_pmfiles.html" target="_blank">list of filenames and extensions</a>.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft