Community Discussions and Support
AW: atachament

when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave the Atach saved?

when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave the Atach saved?

> when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in

my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave

the Atach saved?

Nope, not with Copy to Self.   You can use either Bcc: or Cc: to your local username to keep a copy of the entire message though. 

<p>> when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave the Atach saved? </p><p>Nope, not with Copy to Self.   You can use either Bcc: or Cc: to your local username to keep a copy of the entire message though.  </p>

[quote user="hvonk"]when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave the Atach saved?[/quote]I've seen this question before and somehow I fail to understand the rationale behind it. Could you or someone else enlighten me as to the use of leaving files attached?

Cheers!
Steffan

<p>[quote user="hvonk"]when I send mail with attachments to the attachments to not get saved in my sent messages. Only shows the file path. Is there any way to leave the Atach saved?[/quote]I've seen this question before and somehow I fail to understand the rationale behind it. Could you or someone else enlighten me as to the use of leaving files attached?</p><p>Cheers! Steffan </p>

For me the main reason is that when you use Pmail portabel on USB memory stick and you work on different computers or migrate to a new computer you can not see what you have attached in the out going mails in past. The next problem is when the attached file on the PC is deleted you can not see what it was. Its a problem with mail submittals. And do you know what you have attached 3 years ago? There are reasons that you must know it. There should be an option to check that if you want the attachment in the send mail is saved.

For me the main reason is that when you use Pmail portabel on USB memory stick and you work on different computers or migrate to a new computer you can not see what you have attached in the out going mails in past. The next problem is when the attached file on the PC is deleted you can not see what it was. Its a problem with mail submittals. And do you know what you have attached 3 years ago? There are reasons that you must know it. There should be an option to check that if you want the attachment in the send mail is saved.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft