Pegasus Mail Suggestions
support of the cyrillic alphabet

Sorry for the delay. We're trying to figure out when this problem does and does not crop up.  Apparently messages from mail.ru are now coming through correctly. I have to find out if my mother-in-law in Russia can send messages via the Russian version of Outlook, but she's in the village on holiday.  As soon as I can get her to send a message, I'll be able to give an update.

<p>Sorry for the delay. We're trying to figure out when this problem does and does not crop up.  Apparently messages from mail.ru are now coming through correctly. I have to find out if my mother-in-law in Russia can send messages via the Russian version of Outlook, but she's in the village on holiday.  As soon as I can get her to send a message, I'll be able to give an update.  </p>

I have used Pegasus Mail for ages.. ( I even bought a manual ;-) ) I miss the support for cyrillic characters. There are several codepages the slavic languages use. Some of them can be read by PM. It is not possible to write a mail in russian in PM. I found  descriptions on the Internet to work around this problem - they didn't work for me.

I have to use Thunderbird when writing messages in russian. It handles this issue with ease... 

<p>I have used Pegasus Mail for ages.. ( I even bought a manual ;-) ) I miss the support for cyrillic characters. There are several codepages the slavic languages use. Some of them can be read by PM. It is not possible to write a mail in russian in PM. I found  descriptions on the Internet to work around this problem - they didn't work for me. </p><p>I have to use Thunderbird when writing messages in russian. It handles this issue with ease... </p>

Oh this would be a biggie for me.  My wife is Russian and while Pegasus used to do just fine when people primarily used KOI8 within the last year none of her Russian email could be rendered readable in Pegasus.  Even when the message was saved as a text file and opened in a web browser to play around with character sets we could no longer get messages to work. 

Dealing with Russian/Cyrillic has never been the cleanest thing on computers, but now my wife has been forced to get a mail.ru webmail account just to correspond in Russian. I'd really love to be able to have her use Pegasus for all her correspondence.   

<p>Oh this would be a biggie for me.  My wife is Russian and while Pegasus used to do just fine when people primarily used KOI8 within the last year none of her Russian email could be rendered readable in Pegasus.  Even when the message was saved as a text file and opened in a web browser to play around with character sets we could no longer get messages to work.  </p><p>Dealing with Russian/Cyrillic has never been the cleanest thing on computers, but now my wife has been forced to get a mail.ru webmail account just to correspond in Russian. I'd really love to be able to have her use Pegasus for all her correspondence.   </p>

Maybe consider PSPad  (http://www.pspad.com/) which can create files in may languages, using Unicode. Then simply attach the file and send.

Martin 

<p>Maybe consider PSPad  (http://www.pspad.com/) which can create files in may languages, using Unicode. Then simply attach the file and send.</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>

This isn't a viable option.  The messages are getting garbled up as they come from others whether the others are using webmail services like mail.ru or using Outlook. This was never a problem until the past year or so.  Pegasus might not be able to read the messages, but we could save them and open them by other applications and make them readable.

This isn't a viable option.  The messages are getting garbled up as they come from others whether the others are using webmail services like mail.ru or using Outlook. This was never a problem until the past year or so.  Pegasus might not be able to read the messages, but we could save them and open them by other applications and make them readable.

If you would be so kind, please forward a copy of one of these Russian messages to me so I can see what is happening. If possible a screen shot of some other application rendering correctly.  Please mail to me at irelam@telus.net

I thought you were referring to writing email messages in Russian fonts. and that was why the PsPad was suggested. 

Martin 

<p>If you would be so kind, please forward a copy of one of these Russian messages to me so I can see what is happening. If possible a screen shot of some other application rendering correctly.  Please mail to me at irelam@telus.net</p><p>I thought you were referring to writing email messages in Russian fonts. and that was why the PsPad was suggested. </p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>

I'll have someone send me a generic message in Russian and will forward it to you along with screen shots.

I'll have someone send me a generic message in Russian and will forward it to you along with screen shots.

Have not heard anything further on this thread. A final note, the message headers should have a Charset of "windows-1251" coded to support this character set.

Martin 

<p>Have not heard anything further on this thread. A final note, the message headers should have a Charset of "windows-1251" coded to support this character set.</p><p> </p><p>Martin </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft