Community Discussions and Support
new mail box

txs Rob,

just what i needed to know !

<p>txs Rob,</p><p>just what i needed to know !  </p>

Hi,

just wondering...
what is a acceptable number of new mail's that should fit in a new-mailbox.
100 ? 500 ? 1000 ? ... or unlimited
or is the mailbox-file-size more important ?

And what should be the refresh rate of the new mail folder.  (depending the size of the new-mail folder) 

<p>Hi,</p><p>just wondering... what is a acceptable number of new mail's that should fit in a new-mailbox. 100 ? 500 ? 1000 ? ... or unlimited or is the mailbox-file-size more important ? </p><p>And what should be the refresh rate of the new mail folder.  (depending the size of the new-mail folder) </p><p> </p><p> </p>

There really is no "acceptable" number. However, the more you have, the longer it will take to refresh the folder view. Also, if you get more than ~750 messages in the New Mail folder, it will stop auto-refreshing the new mail folder. It will only refresh when you trigger it yourself.

As far as the refresh rate, use whatever you find convenient. 5 seconds, 10 second, etc. I have mine set to 30 seconds.

<p>There really is no "acceptable" number. However, the more you have, the longer it will take to refresh the folder view. Also, if you get more than ~750 messages in the New Mail folder, it will stop auto-refreshing the new mail folder. It will only refresh when you trigger it yourself.</p><p>As far as the refresh rate, use whatever you find convenient. 5 seconds, 10 second, etc. I have mine set to 30 seconds.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft