Mercury Suggestions
Authors broken words

The phrase 'future versions' does not mean and was not intended to mean 'the next update'. It means that at some indeterminate future time, the plan is to include those features. The plural form suggests that those features will appear asynchronously, too.

There have been very few releases since 4.62, with none of them major, hence the numbering. As another reply has mentioned, there are also alternative methods of achieving the mentioned functionality, so of course these will be of lower priority to David. Cut him some slack, huh?

The phrase 'future versions' does not mean and was not intended to mean 'the next update'. It means that at some indeterminate future time, the plan is to include those features. The plural form suggests that those features will appear asynchronously, too. There have been very few releases since 4.62, with none of them major, hence the numbering. As another reply has mentioned, there are also alternative methods of achieving the mentioned functionality, so of course these will be of lower priority to David. Cut him some slack, huh?

I am using 4.62 and in MercuryB, it states the following:

Future versions of Mercury will include mailing list services for mailing list moderation, remote server administration features, and ultimately a webmail service.

The problem here is that future versions haven't included a webmail service. While Its not the authors duty to uphold his word, I find it disappointing that the future versions haven't included a webmail service as was stated in version 4.62.

How do others feel about this?

<P>I am using 4.62 and in MercuryB, it states the following:</P><P> </P><P>Future versions of Mercury will include mailing list services for mailing list moderation, remote server administration features, and ultimately a webmail service.</P><P> </P><P>The problem here is that future versions haven't included a webmail service. While Its not the authors duty to uphold his word, I find it disappointing that the future versions haven't included a webmail service as was stated in version 4.62.</P><P> </P><P>How do others feel about this?</P>

"and ultimately a Webmail service"  Meantime there is always squirrelmail....

"and ultimately a Webmail service"  Meantime there is always squirrelmail....
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft