Community Discussions and Support
Subjects truncated at 35 characters

[quote user="Vincent Fatica"]The subjects of emails showing in my folders are truncated at 35 characters (or thereabouts).  Can I change that?[/quote]

No, this is a "hard coded" limit of the current folder system - David Harris is currently working on a new one which will fix this along with lots of other issues. The new mail "folder" isn't actually a folder, i.e. there's no index file where the (abbreviated) subject is taken from, instead the respective messages (each one in a separate file) are scanned in total whenever being opened.

<p>[quote user="Vincent Fatica"]The subjects of emails showing in my folders are truncated at 35 characters (or thereabouts).  Can I change that?[/quote]</p><p>No, this is a "hard coded" limit of the current folder system - David Harris is currently working on a new one which will fix this along with lots of other issues. The new mail "folder" isn't actually a folder, i.e. there's no index file where the (abbreviated) subject is taken from, instead the respective messages (each one in a separate file) are scanned in total whenever being opened. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

The subjects of emails showing in my folders are truncated at 35 characters (or thereabouts).  Can I change that?  The new mail folder isn't so limited.  Thanks.

- Vince

<p>The subjects of emails showing in my folders are truncated at 35 characters (or thereabouts).  Can I change that?  The new mail folder isn't so limited.  Thanks.</p><p>  - Vince </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft