Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Wish List: Custom Reply Header Option

[quote user="RainerS"]

Yes, please!

Like in

On 26 Nov 2008 at 07:40 +0100, Sender wrote:

I came here to search the forums on how to accomplish this, and found the suggestion instead...

This shouldn't take much effort, and would be soo useful!

TIA :)

Edit: At present, the closest you can get is through a reply template:

Title Custom Header
set To = "~r"
set Subject = "Re: ~s"
string fullsender "" "" 0 Address
string sendername "" "" 0
set variable fullsender = "~f"
extract text fullsender sendername
insert "On ~kDate~, ~vsendername~ wrote:~z"
insert "~z"
include message 0 quoted noheaders

which results in

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:53:39 +0100, Sender wrote:

The date/time format is taken "as is" from the original message's header, but at least you don't need to manually look up the timezone in the raw message text.

[/quote]

As stated the template is only partial solution because the reply is addressed only to the name & address in the From field.  This bypasses the Custom Reply Menu where you can conveniently send the reply to names & addresses in any of the following fields, e.g. From, Reply to,  CC, To, Sender.

KQSR

[quote user="RainerS"]<p>Yes, please! </p><p>Like in </p><blockquote><p>On 26 Nov 2008 at 07:40 <b>+0100</b>, Sender wrote: </p></blockquote><p>I came here to search the forums on how to accomplish this, and found the suggestion instead...</p><p>This shouldn't take much effort, and would be soo useful!</p><p>TIA :)</p><p> Edit: At present, the closest you can get is through a reply template:</p><blockquote>Title Custom Header set To = "~r" set Subject = "Re: ~s" string fullsender "" "" 0 Address string sendername "" "" 0 set variable fullsender = "~f" extract text fullsender sendername insert "On ~kDate~, ~vsendername~ wrote:~z" insert "~z" include message 0 quoted noheaders </blockquote><p>which results in</p><blockquote>On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:53:39 +0100, Sender wrote: </blockquote><p>The date/time format is taken "as is" from the original message's header, but at least you don't need to manually look up the timezone in the raw message text.</p><p>[/quote]</p><p>As stated the template is only partial solution because the reply is addressed only to the name & address in the From field.  This bypasses the Custom Reply Menu where you can conveniently send the reply to names & addresses in any of the following fields, e.g. From, Reply to,  CC, To, Sender. KQSR </p>

Add an option to the Custom Reply Header menu to include the GMT offset from the original message.

<b>Add an option to the Custom Reply Header menu to include the GMT offset from the original message.</b>

Yes, please!

Like in

On 26 Nov 2008 at 07:40 +0100, Sender wrote:

I came here to search the forums on how to accomplish this, and found the suggestion instead...

This shouldn't take much effort, and would be soo useful!

TIA :)

Edit: At present, the closest you can get is through a reply template:

Title Custom Header
set To = "~r"
set Subject = "Re: ~s"
string fullsender "" "" 0 Address
string sendername "" "" 0
set variable fullsender = "~f"
extract text fullsender sendername
insert "On ~kDate~, ~vsendername~ wrote:~z"
insert "~z"
include message 0 quoted noheaders

which results in

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:53:39 +0100, Sender wrote:

The date/time format is taken "as is" from the original message's header, but at least you don't need to manually look up the timezone in the raw message text.

Edit2: Better restrict the message inclusion somewhat, i.e.

include message 200 quoted noheaders

I just got stuck when Pegasus tried to include and quote ">" an entire 20 MB attachment as if it were plain text.

<p>Yes, please! </p><p>Like in </p><blockquote><p>On 26 Nov 2008 at 07:40 <b>+0100</b>, Sender wrote: </p></blockquote><p>I came here to search the forums on how to accomplish this, and found the suggestion instead...</p><p>This shouldn't take much effort, and would be soo useful!</p><p>TIA :)</p><p> </p><p>Edit: At present, the closest you can get is through a reply template:</p><blockquote>Title Custom Header set To = "~r" set Subject = "Re: ~s" string fullsender "" "" 0 Address string sendername "" "" 0 set variable fullsender = "~f" extract text fullsender sendername insert "On ~kDate~, ~vsendername~ wrote:~z" insert "~z" include message 0 quoted noheaders </blockquote><p> which results in</p><blockquote>On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 08:53:39 +0100, Sender wrote: </blockquote><p>The date/time format is taken "as is" from the original message's header, but at least you don't need to manually look up the timezone in the raw message text.</p><p> </p><p>Edit2: Better restrict the message inclusion somewhat, i.e.</p><blockquote><p>include message 200 quoted noheaders</p></blockquote><p>I just got stuck when Pegasus tried to include and quote ">" an entire 20 MB attachment as if it were plain text.</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft