Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus Mail reviews sought

Hello!

[quote user="Aidan C A Hopkins"]I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far! I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause! TIA[/quote]

How is Pegasus Mail adoption going on ?
BTW, I like the following two sentences about Pegasus Mail 4.41 in Softpedia's comparative review (2006-AUG-05):
http://news.softpedia.com/news/Today-is-the-Time-for-Emailing-32071.shtml

The finish line of today's race is called Pegasus Mail, one of those programs that, from time to time, happen to leave me speechless.

What I should say is "This is Pegasus Mail, take it, install it and let it fly, I don't have anything else to add about it!", but I'll try to make you understand why I would do such a thing.

Lovely description, is it not? 

Regards, Roman

<P>Hello!</P> <P>[quote user="Aidan C A Hopkins"]I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far! I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause! TIA[/quote]</P> <P>How is Pegasus Mail adoption going on ? BTW, I like the following two sentences about Pegasus Mail 4.41 in Softpedia's comparative review (2006-AUG-05): <A href="http://news.softpedia.com/news/Today-is-the-Time-for-Emailing-32071.shtml">http://news.softpedia.com/news/Today-is-the-Time-for-Emailing-32071.shtml</A></P> <BLOCKQUOTE> <P><EM>The finish line of today's race is called Pegasus Mail, one of those programs that, from time to time, happen to leave me speechless. What I should say is "This is <STRONG>Pegasus Mail, take it, install it and let it fly,</STRONG> I don't have anything else to add about it!", but I'll try to make you understand why I would do such a thing.</EM></P></BLOCKQUOTE> <P>Lovely description, is it not? </P> <P>Regards, Roman</P>

I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far!

I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause!

TIA

I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far! I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause! TIA

[quote user="Aidan C A Hopkins"]I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far!

I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause!

TIA[/quote]

I've often found the same. In fact, an indication of that is that you mention Eudora. There's plenty of old information about it online, but Eudora is now under death sentence: to ease its users down gently Qualcomm has lent developers to Mozilla where they are preparing an extension to that will ease the move across to Mozilla's product.

I don't know of any recent reviews of Windows mail clients, but  you could get an idea of whether what you might like to look at does what you need by looking at the tables of comparison at Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-mail_clients 

<p>[quote user="Aidan C A Hopkins"]I am currently in the process of encouraging my employer to adopt Pegasus Mail. He seems very impressed so far! I am currently looking for any comparative reviews of Pegasus, Eudora, Squirrelmail and Roundcube (the main competing products) and my researches to date have mostly brought up rather old information. If anybody has URIs of recent independent articles/reviews they would be much appreciated and would help the cause! TIA[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>I've often found the same. In fact, an indication of that is that you mention Eudora. There's plenty of old information about it online, but Eudora is now under death sentence: to ease its users down gently Qualcomm has lent developers to Mozilla where they are preparing an extension to that will ease the move across to Mozilla's product. </p><p> </p><p>I don't know of any recent reviews of Windows mail clients, but  you could get an idea of whether what you might like to look at does what you need by looking at the tables of comparison at Wikipedia:</p><p> </p><p>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_e-mail_clients </p>

Yes indeed, I remember the days back in the 90s when Tucows gave Pegasus a five cow rating while Eudora and OE came in second and third.  There were lots of rave reviews about Pegasus back then for it's features and user friendly interface and it's very reasonable price tag.  Since then of course there have been tons of email clients and Pmail just sorta fell off the radar screen.  I agree that it could use a few recent reviews.  Maybe some someone could write one about V5.  Great opportunity to slam brand x.   

<P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Yes indeed, I remember the days back in the 90s when Tucows gave Pegasus a five cow rating while Eudora and OE came in second and third.  </FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>There were lots of rave reviews about Pegasus back then for it's features and user friendly interface and it's very reasonable price tag.  </FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3>Since then of course there have been tons of email clients and Pmail just sorta fell off the radar screen.  I agree that it could use a few recent reviews.  Maybe some someone could write one about V5.  Great opportunity to slam brand x.    </FONT></P>

There was a quite detailed comparative review (however, without the other candidates you are mentioning) in 2005 in ct, which is Germany's leading computer magazine. If you (and your employer) do not mind to have it in German language, I would be happy to send it to your email account by pdf-file.

There was a quite detailed comparative review (however, without the other candidates you are mentioning) in 2005 in ct, which is Germany's leading computer magazine. If you (and your employer) do not mind to have it in German language, I would be happy to send it to your email account by pdf-file.

I just came across this review which addresses version 4.41.

http://email.about.com/cs/winclientreviews/gr/pegasus_mail.htm

Quite a fair review if a little shallow.

Hawk

<p>I just came across this review which addresses version 4.41. http://email.about.com/cs/winclientreviews/gr/pegasus_mail.htm</p><p>Quite a fair review if a little shallow.</p><p>Hawk  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft