Community Discussions and Support
Two (probably easy to solve) problems - sending attachments / HTML

Sorry... I didn't see your reply when I posted what's above.  Will go and check my Peg. Mail now with those details provided.

Thanks heaps.

<P>Sorry... I didn't see your reply when I posted what's above.  Will go and check my Peg. Mail now with those details provided.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Thanks heaps.</P>

I have two problems with using Pegasus Mail from home.  I'm sure it must be a couple of minor settings, but it's just finding them!

Problem 1

If I send an email with, say, 4 attachments... the program will fire off the text as one message, and then each attachment as a separate message (5 emails in total).  I'd like everything to go as just one message.

Problem 2

When I send from my home account, I think it is trying to send the emails as HTML.  I want to send just plain text.

Thanks and sorry if the answers to these questions are a little obvious!

<P>I have two problems with using Pegasus Mail from home.  I'm sure it must be a couple of minor settings, but it's just finding them!</P> <P>Problem 1</P> <P>If I send an email with, say, 4 attachments... the program will fire off the text as one message, and then each attachment as a separate message (5 emails in total).  I'd like everything to go as just one message.</P> <P> Problem 2</P> <P>When I send from my home account, I think it is trying to send the emails as HTML.  I want to send just plain text.</P> <P> Thanks and sorry if the answers to these questions are a little obvious!</P>

On 11 Jun 2007 Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Automated Email <> wrote:

> I have two problems with using Pegasus Mail from home.  I'm
> sure it must be a couple of minor settings, but it's just
> finding them!

I assume you are using v4.41.

>
> Problem 1
>
> If I send an email with, say, 4 attachments... the program
> will fire off the text as one message, and then each
> attachment as a separate message (5 emails in total).  I'd
> like everything to go as just one message.

Uncheck Tools | Options | Sending mail "Send attachments as separate messages"

>
>  Problem 2
>
> When I send from my home account, I think it is trying to send the emails as HTML.  I
> want to send just plain text.

Make sure that the "Rich text" is not selected when sending mail.  Also make sure that you do not paste formatted text into you message by using the right click "Paste Special" option.

>
>  Thanks and sorry if the answers to these questions are a little obvious!
>
>

<webm wrote:=""></webm>

&lt;p&gt;On 11 Jun 2007 Pegasus Mail &amp;amp; Mercury - Automated Email &amp;lt;&amp;gt; wrote: &amp;gt; I have two problems with using Pegasus Mail from home.&amp;nbsp; I&#039;m &amp;gt; sure it must be a couple of minor settings, but it&#039;s just &amp;gt; finding them! I assume you are using v4.41. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Problem 1 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; If I send an email with, say, 4 attachments... the program &amp;gt; will fire off the text as one message, and then each &amp;gt; attachment as a separate message (5 emails in total).&amp;nbsp; I&#039;d &amp;gt; like everything to go as just one message. Uncheck Tools | Options | Sending mail &quot;Send attachments as separate messages&quot; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp;Problem 2 &amp;gt; &amp;gt; When I send from my home account, I think it is trying to send the emails as HTML.&amp;nbsp; I &amp;gt; want to send just plain text. Make sure that the &quot;Rich text&quot; is not selected when sending mail.&amp;nbsp; Also make sure that you do not paste formatted text into you message by using the right click &quot;Paste Special&quot; option.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &amp;nbsp;Thanks and sorry if the answers to these questions are a little obvious! &amp;gt; &amp;gt; &lt;webm wrote:=&quot;&quot;&gt; &lt;/webm&gt;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft