Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Feature request for filters - copy and paste

Hi !

It seems we cannot copy-paste filter rules, so when you have tons of them, as it is the case for me, such a feature would be nice. Is it possible to integrate it into version 5 ?

Thanks !

Ginhead.

<p>Hi !</p><p>It seems we cannot copy-paste filter rules, so when you have tons of them, as it is the case for me, such a feature would be nice. Is it possible to integrate it into version 5 ?</p><p>Thanks !</p><p>Ginhead.  </p>

I am opening .dat file inside notepad.

Yes, it is workaround, but it could help. 

<p>I am opening .dat file inside notepad.</p><p>Yes, it is workaround, but it could help. </p>

Hi !

The problem is not to find a way around, which is always possible to a certain extent. The goal here is to make Pegasus Mail more user-friendly and easy to use, and more close to the wishes of the community. Of course, all suggestions take the point of view of the user, which sometimes is not in accordance with that of the coder, but in the end, it will be he (the coder, not the user) who will decide. Now, about the copy-paste workaround you suggested, I have to confess that I did not think about it, so thanks. Anyway, I hope that the copy-paste feature will be integrated into the filtering part of Pegasus Mail, because it would really be useful, and I think it is not very costly in terms of coding (but remember that I am not a coder [:)], except in VBA, but it is not really serious coding).

Bye !

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>The problem is not to find a way around, which is always possible to a certain extent. The goal here is to make Pegasus Mail more user-friendly and easy to use, and more close to the wishes of the community. Of course, all suggestions take the point of view of the user, which sometimes is not in accordance with that of the coder, but in the end, it will be he (the coder, not the user) who will decide. Now, about the copy-paste workaround you suggested, I have to confess that I did not think about it, so thanks. Anyway, I hope that the copy-paste feature will be integrated into the filtering part of Pegasus Mail, because it would really be useful, and I think it is not very costly in terms of coding (but remember that I am not a coder [:)], except in VBA, but it is not really serious coding).</p><p>Bye !</p><p>Ginhead. </p>

I agree about making PM more user friendly... yes there are work around s for many of the so called shoprt falls of this great app. But I would prefer not having to start or worse install another app to do the work around.

• Cut and Pasting in the rule editor (or even a quick duplicate rule button FileMaker has this in the scripting and makes life easier.)
  • Mail merging directly from address book (though I am told this can't be done at present as the address book uses dual files etc)
  • The ability to search for duplicates address in Distribution Lists after you import from another list, in my case exported list from a database. Yes other apps can do this... but I don't want another app on my system.
  • Remove Email address from list (by right clicking) the address that is in the main body of the message (at present it is only add address)
  • Add Rule "Reply Using Template"... I understand the problems it could cause for the average user... but the users that would truely use this also would understand how the templates work and would be more in the power user (This make my life so much easier at work... sigh)

Ass for the RSS reader... I am in two frames of mind on this, on one hand would be handy having all that in the one application, and on the other hand... errr well lets say fix the minor bugs and other issues first.

I will say I am looking forward to seeing the new calendar and address book... [:D] And again will be very handy at work...

<p>I agree about making PM more user friendly... yes there are work around s for many of the so called shoprt falls of this great app. But I would prefer not having to start or worse install another app to do the work around.</p><p>  </p><ul><li>Cut and Pasting in the rule editor (or even a quick duplicate rule button FileMaker has this in the scripting and makes life easier.)</li><li>Mail merging directly from address book (though I am told this can't be done at present as the address book uses dual files etc)</li><li>The ability to search for duplicates address in Distribution Lists after you import from another list, in my case exported list from a database. Yes other apps can do this... but I don't want another app on my system. </li><li>Remove Email address from list (by right clicking) the address that is in the main body of the message (at present it is only add address) </li><li>Add Rule "Reply Using Template"... I understand the problems it could cause for the average user... but the users that would truely use this also would understand how the templates work and would be more in the power user (This make my life so much easier at work... sigh)</li></ul><p>Ass for the RSS reader... I am in two frames of mind on this, on one hand would be handy having all that in the one application, and on the other hand... errr well lets say fix the minor bugs and other issues first.</p><p> I will say I am looking forward to seeing the new calendar and address book... [:D] And again will be very handy at work...  </p><p> </p>

[quote user="Nighthawk"]Cut and Pasting in the rule editor (or even a quick duplicate rule button FileMaker has this in the scripting and makes life easier.)[/quote]

Duplication/deletion is already there for a single rule or group  of highlighted rules - right-click to see the options.

<p>[quote user="Nighthawk"]Cut and Pasting in the rule editor (or even a quick duplicate rule button FileMaker has this in the scripting and makes life easier.)[/quote]</p><p>Duplication/deletion is already there for a single rule or group  of highlighted rules - right-click to see the options.</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft