Community Discussions and Support
Migrating from Thunderbird v2.x

This is about mailboxes, Kieran?

If so, Thunderbird did, and still does, used the mbox format; so nothing has changed there.

Frankly, since Pegasus can handle mbox, as well as its own native format, I'd don't know I'd even bother to convert.  I think I'd make a copy of the folder/s I wanted to move--you'll find it/them in:

C:/Kieran/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/<Some random number>/Mail/Local Folders

After that, I'd make a new mailfolder inside Pegasus's GUI and choose "Unix" format.  Pegasus will then give that file a name consisting of a (random?) number and the file extension .MBX.  If you rename your mbox file to the same name and drop it into the same place in the hierarchy, on the C: drive where the mailfolder resides, it will then over-write it, and next time you open the program you'd see the mails there.  From there you could use drag-and-drop within the program's GUI to move the mails.

But go with the converter, if you find it easier.  I haven't used Dawn, but it seems to be what most people use.  The Thunderbird format hasn't changed, so there's no problem there.

&lt;p&gt;This is about mailboxes, Kieran?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If so, Thunderbird did, and still does, used the mbox format; so nothing has changed there.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Frankly, since Pegasus can handle mbox, as well as its own native format, I&#039;d don&#039;t know I&#039;d even bother to convert.&amp;nbsp; I think I&#039;d make a copy of the folder/s I wanted to move--you&#039;ll find it/them in:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;C:/Kieran/Application Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/&amp;lt;Some random number&amp;gt;/Mail/Local Folders &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;After that, I&#039;d make a new mailfolder inside Pegasus&#039;s GUI and choose &quot;Unix&quot; format.&amp;nbsp; Pegasus will then give that file a name consisting of a (random?) number and the file extension .MBX.&amp;nbsp; If you rename your mbox file to the same name and drop it into the same place in the hierarchy, on the C: drive where the mailfolder resides, it will then over-write it, and next time you open the program you&#039;d see the mails there.&amp;nbsp; From there you could use drag-and-drop within the program&#039;s GUI to move the mails.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;But go with the converter, if you find it easier.&amp;nbsp; I haven&#039;t used Dawn, but it seems to be what most people use.&amp;nbsp; The Thunderbird format hasn&#039;t changed, so there&#039;s no problem there. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I want to migrate various Thunderbird v2.x mailboxes to Pegasus, whats the best method to do this?

I've looked at Dawn to resolve this little 'issue' but only converts from Thunderbird v1.x according to its website!

Thanks in advance, Kieran.

&lt;p&gt;I want to migrate various Thunderbird v2.x mailboxes to Pegasus, whats the best method to do this? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;ve looked at Dawn to resolve this little &#039;issue&#039; but only converts from Thunderbird v1.x according to its website!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks in advance, Kieran. &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft