Community Discussions and Support
SMPT Preparing mail for sending

AFAIK (I used some years ago a plugin for OpenOffice.org), you need to have both programs opened and then, if you wish to send the message immediately, to enable the "send the message immediately" option. The behaviour was that, if I closed the Office program, Pegasus Mail didn't send the file for me.

But if you need to review the message, you need to use the Queue Manager, and send it manually (I do it so) or automatically ("send every....", in Tools/Internet Options)

Hope this useful...

<P>AFAIK (I used some years ago a plugin for OpenOffice.org), you need to have both programs opened and then, if you wish to send the message immediately, to enable the "send the message immediately" option. The behaviour was that, if I closed the Office program, Pegasus Mail didn't send the file for me.</P> <P>But if you need to review the message, you need to use the Queue Manager, and send it manually (I do it so) or automatically ("send every....", in Tools/Internet Options)</P> <P>Hope this useful...</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from a database application.

I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand quite where the block is.

The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely sits there with "Preparing mail for sending".

In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form.

There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus & create a new message then click the send button manually.

Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do? 

<p>Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from a database application.</p><p>I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand quite where the block is.</p><p>The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely sits there with "Preparing mail for sending".</p><p>In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form.</p><p>There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus & create a new message then click the send button manually.</p><p>Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do? </p>

[quote user="Comedians"]

Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from a database application.

I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand quite where the block is.

The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely sits there with "Preparing mail for sending".

In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form.

There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus & create a new message then click the send button manually.

Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do? 

[/quote]

To be able to send the message Pegasus MAIL (please use it's official name)  must be running and "Send mail during idle checks" ticked. Final form messages will be send at the next check.

[quote user="Comedians"]<p>Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from a database application.</p><p>I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand quite where the block is.</p><p>The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely sits there with "Preparing mail for sending".</p><p>In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form.</p><p>There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus & create a new message then click the send button manually.</p><p>Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do? </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>To be able to send the message Pegasus MAIL (please use it's official name)  must be running and "Send mail during idle checks" ticked. Final form messages will be send at the next check. </p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

On 12 Jun 2007 Pegasus Mail & Mercury - Automated Email <> wrote:

> Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from
> a database application.
>
> I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand
> quite where the block is.
>
> The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely
> sits there with "Preparing mail for sending".
>
> In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form.
>
> There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus & create a
> new message then click the send button manually.
>
> Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do?

It's possible but this is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.  You should try using a command line mailer like Blat!.  BLAT  http://sourceforge.net/projects/blat

DESCRIPTION:

Blat is a Public Domain  Windows NT console utility that sends the contents of a file in an e-
mail message using the SMTP protocol. Blat is useful for creating scripts where mail has to
be sent automatically (CGI, backups, etc.) To use Blat you must have access to a SMTP
server via TCP-IP. Blat uses the a DLL ("gensock" or "gwinsock") from WinVN, the public
domain usenet newsreader for windows. Blat can store a default SMTP server address and a
default "From:" field in the registry. The server's address can be overriden using the -server
flag, and the "From:" address using the -f flag. Input from the console (stdin) can be used
instead of a disk file (if the special filename '-' is specified). Blat can also "carbon copy" and
"blind carbon copy" the message. Impersonation can be done with the -i flag which puts the
value specified in the "From:" line, however when this is done the real senders address is
stamped in the "Reply-To:" and "Sender:" lines. This feature can be useful when using the
program to send messages from NT users that are not registered on the SMTP host.  

Optionally, blat can also attach multiple binary files to your message.

On 12 Jun 2007 Pegasus Mail &amp;amp; Mercury - Automated Email &amp;lt;&amp;gt; wrote: &amp;gt; Several years ago I had no success in using Pegasus to send mail from &amp;gt; a database application. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; I have recently tried to re-visit this but still cannot understand &amp;gt; quite where the block is. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; The mail goes directly to the Queue Manager but will not send, merely &amp;gt; sits there with &quot;Preparing mail for sending&quot;. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; In the Queue Manager the Type is shown as Final Form. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; There is no problem if I let the external app. open Pegasus &amp;amp; create a &amp;gt; new message then click the send button manually. &amp;gt; &amp;gt; Am I attempting something that Pegasus cannot do? It&#039;s possible but this is like using a sledge hammer to kill a fly.&amp;nbsp; You should try using a command line mailer like Blat!.&amp;nbsp; BLAT&amp;nbsp; http://sourceforge.net/projects/blat DESCRIPTION: Blat is a Public Domain&amp;nbsp; Windows NT console utility that sends the contents of a file in an e- mail message using the SMTP protocol. Blat is useful for creating scripts where mail has to be sent automatically (CGI, backups, etc.) To use Blat you must have access to a SMTP server via TCP-IP. Blat uses the a DLL (&quot;gensock&quot; or &quot;gwinsock&quot;) from WinVN, the public domain usenet newsreader for windows. Blat can store a default SMTP server address and a default &quot;From:&quot; field in the registry. The server&#039;s address can be overriden using the -server flag, and the &quot;From:&quot; address using the -f flag. Input from the console (stdin) can be used instead of a disk file (if the special filename &#039;-&#039; is specified). Blat can also &quot;carbon copy&quot; and &quot;blind carbon copy&quot; the message. Impersonation can be done with the -i flag which puts the value specified in the &quot;From:&quot; line, however when this is done the real senders address is stamped in the &quot;Reply-To:&quot; and &quot;Sender:&quot; lines. This feature can be useful when using the program to send messages from NT users that are not registered on the SMTP host. &amp;nbsp; Optionally, blat can also attach multiple binary files to your message. &amp;nbsp;

Thank you for the respones. I have Pegasus Mail open and "send mail

during idle checks" ticked however the final form does not go.

As for Blat, I have used PM for many years and would never consider changing.

&lt;p&gt;Thank you for the respones. I have Pegasus Mail open and &quot;send mail during idle checks&quot; ticked however the final form does not go.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;As for Blat, I have used PM for many years and would never consider changing. &lt;/p&gt;

This is not changing from PMail to a different email client, this is using a command line mailer to send mail via the command line.  You can also install Mercury/32 to send  (and retrieve) the mail for both Pegasus Mail and your application and kill two birds with one stone.

&lt;p&gt;This is not changing from PMail to a different email client, this is using a command line mailer to send mail via the command line.&amp;nbsp; You can also install Mercury/32 to send&amp;nbsp; (and retrieve) the mail for both Pegasus Mail and your application and kill two birds with one stone.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

Thank you, I shall give that a try. Have Mercury/32 installed but stopped using it some time ago. Time to res erect I think

Thank you, I shall give that a try. Have Mercury/32 installed but stopped using it some time ago. Time to res erect I think
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft