Community Discussions and Support
Pegasus freezes on restoring desktop layout

Thanks for that, I have just reinstalled Pegasus and checked the settings. Pegasus has installed to c:\Pmail and c:\users\clive\appdata\roaming\pegasus mail, which contains imagecache.

I have not pinned to taskbar yet only using the main desktop icon, have not locked/frozen yet maybe original install faulty.

Clive

<p>Thanks for that, I have just reinstalled Pegasus and checked the settings. Pegasus has installed to c:\Pmail and c:\users\clive\appdata\roaming\pegasus mail, which contains imagecache.</p><p> I have not pinned to taskbar yet only using the main desktop icon, have not locked/frozen yet maybe original install faulty.</p><p>Clive </p>

I am evidently having problems with my laptop (which loads Pegasus mail program from a network drive) as, among other things, Pegasus mail refuses to load past the 'restoring desktop layout' screen.

I have disabled aero and reverted to a basic window scheme,but this has not sorted the issue.

The fact that this has failed to open past this stage is concerning me. Will it be a problem if I load this on a different computer (will the fact that it almost started on a different computer be a problem)?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Ellie 

<p>I am evidently having problems with my laptop (which loads Pegasus mail program from a network drive) as, among other things, Pegasus mail refuses to load past the 'restoring desktop layout' screen.</p><p>I have disabled aero and reverted to a basic window scheme,but this has not sorted the issue.</p><p>The fact that this has failed to open past this stage is concerning me. Will it be a problem if I load this on a different computer (will the fact that it almost started on a different computer be a problem)?</p><p>Thanks in advance for any replies.</p><p>Ellie </p>

[quote user="Ellie Kennard"]I am evidently having problems with my laptop (which loads Pegasus mail program from a network drive) as, among other things, Pegasus mail refuses to load past the 'restoring desktop layout' screen.[/quote]

Path or filter issues, maybe?

<p>[quote user="Ellie Kennard"]I am evidently having problems with my laptop (which loads Pegasus mail program from a network drive) as, among other things, Pegasus mail refuses to load past the 'restoring desktop layout' screen.[/quote]</p><p>Path or filter issues, maybe? </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

It was nothing to do with Pegasus, but was an issue with the laptop itself. I was only worried about opening Pegasus up on another computer when it had started to open on the laptop.

In the end I got the laptop running normally and then opened Pegasus and closed it down normally, so did not have the problem.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Ellie

<p>It was nothing to do with Pegasus, but was an issue with the laptop itself. I was only worried about opening Pegasus up on another computer when it had started to open on the laptop. </p><p>In the end I got the laptop running normally and then opened Pegasus and closed it down normally, so did not have the problem.</p><p>Thanks for the suggestion, though.</p><p>Ellie </p>

I am having this problem too, could you please let us know what you did to correct the problem.

Clive.

<p>I am having this problem too, could you please let us know what you did to correct the problem.</p><p>Clive.</p><p> </p><p> </p>

It is a Windows issue, nothing to do wit Pegasus mail. Windows desktop manager stopped working.

I didn't do anything in particular except shut down and restart my laptop a couple of times.

Remember that I don't actually have Pmail installed on this machine, but it is just a shortcut to a network installation.

I hope you get the issue resolved.

Cheers! 

Ellie 

<p>It is a Windows issue, nothing to do wit Pegasus mail. Windows desktop manager stopped working.</p><p>I didn't do anything in particular except shut down and restart my laptop a couple of times.</p><p>Remember that I don't actually have Pmail installed on this machine, but it is just a shortcut to a network installation.</p><p>I hope you get the issue resolved.</p><p>Cheers! </p><p>Ellie </p>

Thanks for the info, I have been doing the same mine is installed on win7 64 bit. It seems to clear and start randomly, now I am totally locked so will re-install the whole program and try again.

Clive

<p>Thanks for the info, I have been doing the same mine is installed on win7 64 bit. It seems to clear and start randomly, now I am totally locked so will re-install the whole program and try again.</p><p> </p><p>Clive </p>

[quote user="evilc"]Thanks for the info, I have been doing the same mine is installed on win7 64 bit. It seems to clear and start randomly, now I am totally locked so will re-install the whole program and try again.[/quote]

Please consider the following  Windows 7 issues.

<p>[quote user="evilc"]Thanks for the info, I have been doing the same mine is installed on win7 64 bit. It seems to clear and start randomly, now I am totally locked so will re-install the whole program and try again.[/quote]</p><p>Please consider the following  <a href="/forums/post/23108.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/forums/post/23108.aspx">Windows 7 issues</a>. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft