Community Discussions and Support
Does the -E command line argument work in Pmail 4.41?

BobKellok's recollection was right on the money: -E works if PMAIL.CFG does not exist.

Thanks! 

<p>BobKellok's recollection was right on the money: -E works if PMAIL.CFG does not exist. </p><p>Thanks! </p>

The -E command line argument is documented in the Help file, but I cannot get it to work. I copied PMAIL.CFG to XXX.CFG, and used PCONFIG.EXE to edit XXX.CFG to point to a different directory. However, when I started Pmail using "-E XXX.CFG" as part of the command line, it still used the directory paths from PMAIL.CFG.

I am not using NetWare mode. 

Thanks

<p>The -E command line argument is documented in the Help file, but I cannot get it to work. I copied PMAIL.CFG to XXX.CFG, and used PCONFIG.EXE to edit XXX.CFG to point to a different directory. However, when I started Pmail using "-E XXX.CFG" as part of the command line, it still used the directory paths from PMAIL.CFG.</p><p>I am not using NetWare mode. </p><p> Thanks  </p>

I seem to recall that if PMAIL.CFG exists then it ignores the -E argument; try renaming it to something like PMAILOLD.CFG

Bob

I seem to recall that if PMAIL.CFG exists then it ignores the -E argument; try renaming it to something like PMAILOLD.CFG Bob

I've just looked in the source, and it appears to be both present and working. I don't have any change notes showing that it has been modified in any way...

Hmm.

Cheers!

-- David --

I've just looked in the source, and it appears to be both present and working. I don't have any change notes showing that it has been modified in any way... Hmm. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft