Community Discussions and Support
Acrobat Forms

It sounds like the Live Cycle Designer has a hard coded Mapi32.dll reference, and is not using the correct process to determine which mailer to use. If you are able to experiment in your environment, try the following:

o  In Windows/System32 rename Mapi32.dll to something else (like Mapi32.dllx)

o  Copy Mapipm.dll into Windows/system32

o  Rename Mapipm.dll to Mapi32.dll in windows/system32

o  Try your Submit sequence. Hopefully Pegasus Mail will popup. If so, complain to vendor

o  Check for activity in your Mapipm.log. 

o  Reset your Dll by erasing Mapi32.dll in windows/system32; then rename back in your windows/system32 your Mapi32.dllx to Mapi32.dll

Martin

<p>It sounds like the Live Cycle Designer has a hard coded Mapi32.dll reference, and is not using the correct process to determine which mailer to use. If you are able to experiment in your environment, try the following:</p><p>o  In Windows/System32 rename Mapi32.dll to something else (like Mapi32.dllx) </p><p>o  Copy Mapipm.dll into Windows/system32</p><p>o  Rename Mapipm.dll to Mapi32.dll in windows/system32 </p><p>o  Try your Submit sequence. Hopefully Pegasus Mail will popup. If so, complain to vendor </p><p>o  Check for activity in your Mapipm.log. </p><p>o  Reset your Dll by erasing Mapi32.dll in windows/system32; then rename back in your windows/system32 your Mapi32.dllx to Mapi32.dll </p><p>Martin </p>

I am running Pegasus 4.52, Installed MAPIPM 1.7.6, I have run the SetPMDefault.exe

submit button on Acrobat online forms will not initiate PM message.

Before I installed Mapipm, I got an error message, but now I get no activity at all when I select the submit button in the online acrobat form. 

File:Send:Page by Email works fine in iexplorer, and selecting any file from windows with Send to Mail recipient works too.

Just the Acrobat form submit.

Anyone know what I can try? Or if it just does not work? 

Also, mapipm.log has data when I select a file with SendTo, but no data at all from submit button from Acrobat form.

<P>I am running Pegasus 4.52, Installed MAPIPM 1.7.6, I have run the SetPMDefault.exe </P> <P> submit button on Acrobat online forms will not initiate PM message.</P> <P> Before I installed Mapipm, I got an error message, but now I get no activity at all when I select the submit button in the online acrobat form. </P> <P>File:Send:Page by Email works fine in iexplorer, and selecting any file from windows with Send to Mail recipient works too.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Just the Acrobat form submit.</P> <P> Anyone know what I can try? Or if it just does not work? </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Also, mapipm.log has data when I select a file with SendTo, but no data at all from submit button from Acrobat form.</P>

I can only confirm your findings, PDF-XChange viewer properly sends a file while Adobe reader shows an error dialog and nothing appears in the log-file. Maybe Martin Ireland (MAPIPM creator) could examine further).

<p>I can only confirm your findings, PDF-XChange viewer properly sends a file while Adobe reader shows an error dialog and nothing appears in the log-file. Maybe Martin Ireland (MAPIPM creator) could examine further). </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

A question for you.  Are you in an Acrobat application session, ie what does your working on a form have to do with Pegasus Mail? I am wondering what you are hoping to achieve with clicking a Submit button (in a browser or Acrobat)? What I am trying to understand is who drew the Submit button that you are expecting Pegasus Mail to be invoked from?

Martin

<p>A question for you.  Are you in an Acrobat application session, ie what does your working on a form have to do with Pegasus Mail? I am wondering what you are hoping to achieve with clicking a Submit button (in a browser or Acrobat)? What I am trying to understand is who drew the Submit button that you are expecting Pegasus Mail to be invoked from?</p><p>Martin </p>

Heh Michael

What error dialog are you seeing here?  I don't have PDF-Xchange but I do have Adobe Reader V9 

Martin

<p>Heh Michael</p><p>What error dialog are you seeing here?  I don't have PDF-Xchange but I do have Adobe Reader V9  </p><p>Martin </p>

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your response.

Here  is the situation - This is an online order form that is a PDF form. It is being viewed in the browser. It is then filled out, and the submit button is supposed to invoke the default mailto and send the PDF as an attachment. It seems to work OK to create an outlook message, but I don't like outlook. I do like Pegasus.

I can probably answer any questions about the form itself, it is our form. It was created with Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Live Cycle Designer.

I did get an error before adding mapipm but now do not get an error message displayed.

<P>Hi Guys,</P> <P> Thanks for your response.</P> <P> Here  is the situation - This is an online order form that is a PDF form. It is being viewed in the browser. It is then filled out, and the submit button is supposed to invoke the default mailto and send the PDF as an attachment. It seems to work OK to create an outlook message, but I don't like outlook. I do like Pegasus.</P> <P>I can probably answer any questions about the form itself, it is our form. It was created with Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Live Cycle Designer. </P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I did get an error before adding mapipm but now do not get an error message displayed.</P>

Please create a file called MapiPM.log in your newmail directory (eg; in c:\pmail\mail) then try to mail a file again.

The log should contain, for example,  the following which I just created. I mailed from Adobe Reader V9:

24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail called
24 September 11:41 MAPI for Pegasus Mail 1.7.6 (June 12, 2009)
24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: No recipients supplied
24 September 11:41 attachments exist
24 September 11:41 TempDir being used: c:\temp
24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Copying from file C:\Documents and Settings\Martin\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\St Albert Map.pdf
24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Copying to file c:\temp\mapipm\St Albert Map.pdf
24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Attach poke content: ATTACH: "c:\\temp\\mapipm\\St Albert Map.pdf",-,-,0
24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Attachment processing done
24 September 11:41 Open PM compose window
24 September 11:41 DDE done 

Let me know what you see please

Martin

<p>Please create a file called MapiPM.log in your newmail directory (eg; in c:\pmail\mail) then try to mail a file again. </p><p>The log should contain, for example,  the following which I just created. I mailed from Adobe Reader V9:</p><p>24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail called 24 September 11:41 MAPI for Pegasus Mail 1.7.6 (June 12, 2009) 24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: No recipients supplied 24 September 11:41 attachments exist 24 September 11:41 TempDir being used: c:\temp 24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Copying from file C:\Documents and Settings\Martin\Desktop\Unused Desktop Shortcuts\St Albert Map.pdf 24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Copying to file c:\temp\mapipm\St Albert Map.pdf 24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Attach poke content: ATTACH: "c:\\temp\\mapipm\\St Albert Map.pdf",-,-,0 24 September 11:41 MapiSendMail: Attachment processing done 24 September 11:41 Open PM compose window 24 September 11:41 DDE done </p><p>Let me know what you see please</p><p>Martin </p><p> </p><p> </p>

[quote user="irelam"]What error dialog are you seeing here?  I don't have PDF-Xchange but I do have Adobe Reader V9 [/quote]

Acrobat cannot connect to your email program (translated from German, version 9.3.4), no entries in MAPIPM.log.

<p>[quote user="irelam"]What error dialog are you seeing here?  I don't have PDF-Xchange but I do have Adobe Reader V9 [/quote]</p><p><i>Acrobat cannot connect to your email program</i> (translated from German, version 9.3.4), no entries in MAPIPM.log. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.

Martin

<p>I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.</p><p>Martin </p>

Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Live Cycle Designer is issuing a Mailto Url, so I suspect the Mailto protocol is still trying to connect with a MAPI application via something such as MsExchange?  Strange that Reader works ok.

Martin

<p>Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional Live Cycle Designer is issuing a Mailto Url, so I suspect the Mailto protocol is still trying to connect with a MAPI application via something such as MsExchange?  Strange that Reader works ok. </p><p>Martin </p>

Forgot the reference:

http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/modifying-livecycle-designer-form-submit-button

Martin

<p>Forgot the reference:</p><p>  http://acrobatusers.com/tutorials/modifying-livecycle-designer-form-submit-button</p><p> Martin </p>

[quote user="irelam"]I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.[/quote]

Sure, that's what I see as well, but Adobe Reader doesn't work properly here, that's what I was pointing at.

<p>[quote user="irelam"]I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.[/quote]</p><p>Sure, that's what I see as well, but Adobe Reader doesn't work properly here, that's what I was pointing at. </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]

[quote user="irelam"]I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.[/quote]

Sure, that's what I see as well, but Adobe Reader doesn't work properly here, that's what I was pointing at.

[/quote]

Well, there's a problem: I just noticed that I have MAPIPM 1.7.5 installed which I downloaded from http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx, IOW: Altthough it announces MAPIPM 1.7.6 it actually provides MAPIPM 1.7.5! And unfortunately the same file is available at http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/mapipm.zip, both provide the wrong version!

[quote user="idw"]<p>[quote user="irelam"]I have installed PDF-Xchange and run both "Send by email" and "Send by email as zip" successfully.[/quote]</p><p>Sure, that's what I see as well, but Adobe Reader doesn't work properly here, that's what I was pointing at. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>Well, there's a problem: I just noticed that I have MAPIPM 1.7.5 installed which I downloaded from <a href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx">http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry17704.aspx</a>, IOW: Altthough it announces MAPIPM 1.7.6 it actually provides MAPIPM 1.7.5! And unfortunately the same file is available at <a href="http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/mapipm.zip" target="_blank" mce_href="http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/mapipm.zip">http://www3.telus.net/public/irelam/mapipm.zip</a>, both provide the wrong version! </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Fixed !   I have uploaded MapiPM 1.7.6 again. This time with the content intended :-((   

Sorry about that.

Its at download site as http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry25162.aspx

Martin

<p>Fixed !   I have uploaded MapiPM 1.7.6 again. This time with the content intended :-((   </p><p> Sorry about that. </p><p>Its at download site as http://community.pmail.com/files/folders/pegadd/entry25162.aspx</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="irelam"]Fixed !   I have uploaded MapiPM 1.7.6 again. This time with the content intended :-((   [/quote]

Hm, it shows the proper version number but still doesn't work with Adobe Reader here (and I remember it used to in the past), sorry ...

<p>[quote user="irelam"]Fixed !   I have uploaded MapiPM 1.7.6 again. This time with the content intended :-((   [/quote]</p><p>Hm, it shows the proper version number but still doesn't work with Adobe Reader here (and I remember it used to in the past), sorry ... </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="DamianJanzen"]I am running Pegasus 4.52, Installed MAPIPM 1.7.6, I have run the SetPMDefault.exe

submit button on Acrobat online forms will not initiate PM message.

Before I installed Mapipm, I got an error message, but now I get no activity at all when I select the submit button in the online acrobat form. 

File:Send:Page by Email works fine in iexplorer, and selecting any file from windows with Send to Mail recipient works too.

Just the Acrobat form submit.[/quote]

Looks like I finally found the solution: Go to Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program; it doesn't appear to work after just selecting Pegasus Mail (if it already is your default like explained above), I had to switch to a different one (Opera in my case) and then back to Pegasus Mail for finally getting Adope Reader's "Attach to an email" menu item  (or whatever it's named in your language) to work. Be sure to have installed Martin's current version of MAPIPM, see previous posts. I'll check into this more thoroughly to figure out whether my SetPMDefault tool needs to be tweaked again ...

[quote user="DamianJanzen"]I am running Pegasus 4.52, Installed MAPIPM 1.7.6, I have run the SetPMDefault.exe <p> submit button on Acrobat online forms will not initiate PM message.</p> <p> Before I installed Mapipm, I got an error message, but now I get no activity at all when I select the submit button in the online acrobat form. </p> <p>File:Send:Page by Email works fine in iexplorer, and selecting any file from windows with Send to Mail recipient works too.</p> <p> Just the Acrobat form submit.[/quote]</p><p>Looks like I finally found the solution: Go to <i>Start > Default Programs > Set program access and computer defaults > Custom (expand this) > Choose a default e-mail program</i>; it doesn't appear to work after just selecting Pegasus Mail (if it already is your default like explained above), I had to switch to a different one (Opera in my case) and then back to Pegasus Mail for finally getting Adope Reader's "Attach to an email" menu item  (or whatever it's named in your language) to work. Be sure to have installed Martin's current version of MAPIPM, see previous posts. I'll check into this more thoroughly to figure out whether my <i>SetPMDefault</i> tool needs to be tweaked again ... </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

[quote user="idw"]I'll check into this more thoroughly to figure out whether my SetPMDefault tool needs to be tweaked again ...[/quote]

I've just uploaded a modified version of SetPMDefault which should fix the Adobe Reader issue so you don't need to reset the system's default email program twice anymore: Just running the tool or (re-)setting Pegasus Mail once should be enough. It should fix the Form issue as well, but someone needs to confirm, please ...

<p>[quote user="idw"]I'll check into this more thoroughly to figure out whether my <i>SetPMDefault</i> tool needs to be tweaked again ...[/quote]</p><p>I've just uploaded <a href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx" target="_blank" mce_href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry13613.aspx">a modified version of SetPMDefault</a> which should fix the Adobe Reader issue so you don't need to reset the system's default email program twice anymore: Just running the tool or (re-)setting Pegasus Mail once should be enough. It should fix the Form issue as well, but someone needs to confirm, please ... </p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage

Hi Michael, Martin,

Sorry to drag this up again, but I never did get this running.

I have today installed the latest MapiPM (1.7.7) plus running SetPMDefault afterwards.

My problem remains the same - Clicking Submit Button (to send the PDF format file as an attachment) from a form generated in Live Cycle Designer 8 does not bring up a Pegasus mail message window and makes no entry in the log file. It does works with Outlook or other mail program set as default. Pegasus seems to work fine generating any other Mailto:  messages with attachments.

PM windows version - 4.52 

<p>Hi Michael, Martin,</p><p> </p><p>Sorry to drag this up again, but I never did get this running.</p><p>I have today installed the latest MapiPM (1.7.7) plus running SetPMDefault afterwards. </p><p>My problem remains the same - Clicking Submit Button (to send the PDF format file as an attachment) from a form generated in Live Cycle Designer 8 does not bring up a Pegasus mail message window and makes no entry in the log file. It does works with Outlook or other mail program set as default. Pegasus seems to work fine generating any other Mailto:  messages with attachments. </p><p>PM windows version - 4.52  </p>

[quote user="DamianJanzen"]My problem remains the same - Clicking Submit Button (to send the PDF format file as an attachment) from a form generated in Live Cycle Designer 8 does not bring up a Pegasus mail message window and makes no entry in the log file.[/quote]

Attaching PDFs to an email from Adobe reader works for me, about forms I have no idea how they work and what they do. Did you run the very latest SetPMDefault (updating to Pegasus Mail 4.61 would install and run it automatically)?

<p>[quote user="DamianJanzen"]My problem remains the same - Clicking Submit Button (to send the PDF format file as an attachment) from a form generated in Live Cycle Designer 8 does not bring up a Pegasus mail message window and makes no entry in the log file.[/quote]</p><p>Attaching PDFs to an email from Adobe reader works for me, about forms I have no idea how they work and what they do. Did you run the very latest SetPMDefault (updating to Pegasus Mail 4.61 would install and run it automatically)?</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft