Community Discussions and Support
NOT preserving HTML in replies not always working

The "Preserve HTML in replies" option only has any meaning for messages in multipart/alternative format - that is, the format where the message contains both a plain text and an HTML version of the same message.

If someone sends you a pure HTML message (i.e, one where the only part is an HTML part), then there is no text version for me to fall back on, so I have to use what's there. I tried tag-stripping the HTML at one stage, to produce a "plain text" version, but it doesn't work - there's just too much going on in an HTML message to be able to do that (the results were unusable at least half the time).

It's just one of those things, unfortunately. If the only content I have available to me is HTML, then I'm more or less forced to take it formatting and all.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>The "Preserve HTML in replies" option only has any meaning for messages in multipart/alternative format - that is, the format where the message contains both a plain text and an HTML version of the same message. If someone sends you a pure HTML message (i.e, one where the only part is an HTML part), then there is no text version for me to fall back on, so I have to use what's there. I tried tag-stripping the HTML at one stage, to produce a "plain text" version, but it doesn't work - there's just too much going on in an HTML message to be able to do that (the results were unusable at least half the time). It's just one of those things, unfortunately. If the only content I have available to me is HTML, then I'm more or less forced to take it formatting and all. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

I have "preserve HTML in replies" turned off. Rich text is turned off also.

I received an HTML message which I had to reply to. Normally I quote the original text using ">" .

For this reply I turned that off.

In my reply, the original HTML was preserved.

A glitch? Is this supposed to happen?

Regards,

Arthur

<p>I have "preserve HTML in replies" turned off. Rich text is turned off also. </p><p>I received an HTML message which I had to reply to. Normally I quote the original text using ">" .</p><p>For this reply I turned that off.</p><p>In my reply, the original HTML was preserved.</p><p>A glitch? Is this supposed to happen?</p><p> </p><p>Regards,</p><p> </p><p>Arthur</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft