Community Discussions and Support
Text in From and Subject columns cut off.

[quote user="earl7399"]So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)?
[/quote]

Not in the current versions, no. It's definitely on the to-do list though. Unfortunately, it's an extremely major change - it requires a considerable amount of work: I can't just change a couple of lines of code to make this happen (mostly because there are millions of folders around the world that will be affected).

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="earl7399"]So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)? [/quote] Not in the current versions, no. It's definitely on the to-do list though. Unfortunately, it's an extremely major change - it requires a considerable amount of work: I can't just change a couple of lines of code to make this happen (mostly because there are millions of folders around the world that will be affected). Cheers! -- David --

Hi.

I have just upgraded from Pegasus 4.31 to 4.41 and I have noticed something strange.

In all my folders the text in the From and Subject columns are cut short eventhough I have set them to be quite wide with the slider bars.

When I open the message the From and Subject text is the lenght they should be.

Since it is possible to adjust the width of the columns, it seems quite strange that long From and Subject text simply gets cut off.

The From column seems to be cut off after 33 caracters and the Subject column sems to be cut off after 35 caracters.

Is there something I have missed in the setup, or is there just not more space for the text ?

I am not sure if the problem was in 4.31 as well, but noticed it at once in 4.41.

Thanks in advance

René

<P>Hi.</P> <P>I have just upgraded from Pegasus 4.31 to 4.41 and I have noticed something strange.</P> <P>In all my folders the text in the From and Subject columns are cut short eventhough I have set them to be quite wide with the slider bars.</P> <P>When I open the message the From and Subject text is the lenght they should be.</P> <P>Since it is possible to adjust the width of the columns, it seems quite strange that long From and Subject text simply gets cut off.</P> <P>The From column seems to be cut off after 33 caracters and the Subject column sems to be cut off after 35 caracters.</P> <P>Is there something I have missed in the setup, or is there just not more space for the text ?</P> <P>I am not sure if the problem was in 4.31 as well, but noticed it at once in 4.41.</P> <P>Thanks in advance</P> <P>René</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

[quote user="rco133"]

Hi.

I have just upgraded from Pegasus 4.31 to 4.41 and I have noticed something strange.

In all my folders the text in the From and Subject columns are cut short eventhough I have set them to be quite wide with the slider bars.

[/quote]

In a folder window, for any folder other than NewMail, the subject and from fields is from the index (.PMI) file which has fixed field sizes so longer phrases are truncated as you noticed.
For NewMail they are extracted from the header of the message but still truncated but to a lesser extent than normal folders.

It's been like that for a long time - certainly well before 4.41.

In the message reader they are taken from the header of the message and displayed in full

Bob
[quote user="rco133"]<P>Hi.</P><P>I have just upgraded from Pegasus 4.31 to 4.41 and I have noticed something strange.</P><P>In all my folders the text in the From and Subject columns are cut short eventhough I have set them to be quite wide with the slider bars. ............ </P>[/quote] In a folder window, for any folder other than NewMail, the subject and from fields is from the index (.PMI) file which has fixed field sizes so longer phrases are truncated as you noticed. For NewMail they are extracted from the header of the message but still truncated but to a lesser extent than normal folders. It's been like that for a long time - certainly well before 4.41. In the message reader they are taken from the header of the message and displayed in full Bob

So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)?

So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)?

[quote user="earl7399"]So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)?
[/quote]

indeed.

<p>[quote user="earl7399"]So - there is no way for a user to modify this (i.e. extend the number of characters in the subject column in a folder)? [/quote]</p><p>indeed.</p><p>   </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft