Pegasus Mail Suggestions
better integration of imap and privacy

Hi!

When pmail first asks for network config (directly after installation), it should not only ask for pop3, but also for imap. Otherwise users see pop3 only and can't easily find out that Pegasus Mail can do imap.

Each imap config should have an optional own smtp config, because it's often important to send email out from the correct account.

For privacy reasons there should be a config option to NOT store any imap mailbox contents in cache on local hard disk.

Also for privacy reasons when smtp authentication is activated but only userid stored, no password, the program should ask for the password, as it does when no imap password was entered. Instead it tries to authenticate with an empty password. The smtp password is often the same as the imap password. I don't want that to be stored on local hard disk.

Also I often get error messages when trying to open another imap folder from the same server later in a session, that only go away when I stop and restart pmail. Is this a known bug that will be fixed?

Klaus

<p>Hi! When pmail first asks for network config (directly after installation), it should not only ask for pop3, but also for imap. Otherwise users see pop3 only and can't easily find out that Pegasus Mail can do imap.</p><p>Each imap config should have an optional own smtp config, because it's often important to send email out from the correct account.</p><p>For privacy reasons there should be a config option to NOT store any imap mailbox contents in cache on local hard disk.</p><p>Also for privacy reasons when smtp authentication is activated but only userid stored, no password, the program should ask for the password, as it does when no imap password was entered. Instead it tries to authenticate with an empty password. The smtp password is often the same as the imap password. I don't want that to be stored on local hard disk. </p><p>Also I often get error messages when trying to open another imap folder from the same server later in a session, that only go away when I stop and restart pmail. Is this a known bug that will be fixed? </p><p>Klaus</p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft