Community Discussions and Support
Raw source displays in message view

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the reply.

RE: if the option is unchecked, the attachment and the message text are

sent in a single message; it is checked, the attachment and the message

text are sent in two different messages. (Older versions had the

meaning the other way around.)

I checked and that wasn't checked. When I send a test email to myself, I just get the attachment and no text message if I use rich text and MIME. I don't get one email with the attachment and another with the message.

Currently, I have the following checked:

In the section re: When sending messages containing rich text, I have the top option checked:

__ <!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shapetype id="_x0000_t75" </p><p> coordsize="21600,21600" o:spt="75" o:preferrelative="t" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" </p><p> filled="f" stroked="f"> </p><p> <v:stroke joinstyle="miter"/> </p><p> <v:formulas> </p><p> <v:f eqn="if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="sum @0 1 0"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="sum 0 0 @1"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @2 1 2"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelWidth"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @3 21600 pixelHeight"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="sum @0 0 1"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @6 1 2"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelWidth"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="sum @8 21600 0"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="prod @7 21600 pixelHeight"/> </p><p> <v:f eqn="sum @10 21600 0"/> </p><p> </v:formulas> </p><p> <v:path o:extrusionok="f" gradientshapeok="t" o:connecttype="rect"/> </p><p> <o:lock v:ext="edit" aspectratio="t"/> </p><p></v:shapetype><v:shape id="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" style='width:468pt; </p><p> height:351pt'> </p><p> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image001.png" </p><p> o:title=""/> </p><p></v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]-->Generate multipart/alternate versions of richtext

In the Advanced Settings, I have the bottom two checked

The Blind BCC option (I know that's not relevant here)

and

Enable TextFile Autodetection.

I don't have the MIME encoding checked because that's what created the raw message info to show which was my earlier problem and posting. But when I checked it, that's when this problem emerged.... I can do Rich text with no raw formatting shwoing... but then I can't get my message sent along with an attachment. 

I tried to copy and paste screen shot, but it wouldn't go through.  Again... this is the first time this has happened in the 7 or 8 years I've used Pegasus...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your efforts,

DAvid

&lt;p&gt;Hi Thomas,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Thanks for the reply. &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; RE: &lt;b&gt;if the option is unchecked, the attachment and the message text are sent in a single message; it is checked, the attachment and the message text are sent in two different messages. (Older versions had the meaning the other way around.)&lt;/b&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; I checked and that wasn&#039;t checked. When I send a test email to myself, I just get the attachment and no text message if I use rich text and MIME. I don&#039;t get one email with the attachment and another with the message.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Currently, I have the following checked:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the section re: When sending messages containing rich text, I have the top option checked:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;__ &lt;img src=&quot;file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.jpg&quot; alt=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.jpg&quot; alt=&quot;&quot;&gt;&lt;span style=&quot;font-size: 10pt; line-height: 90%; font-family: Verdana;&quot;&gt;&lt;!--[if gte vml 1]&gt;&lt;v:shapetype id=&quot;_x0000_t75&quot; coordsize=&quot;21600,21600&quot; o:spt=&quot;75&quot; o:preferrelative=&quot;t&quot; path=&quot;m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe&quot; filled=&quot;f&quot; stroked=&quot;f&quot;&gt; &lt;v:stroke joinstyle=&quot;miter&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:formulas&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;if lineDrawn pixelLineWidth 0&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @0 1 0&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum 0 0 @1&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @2 1 2&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @3 21600 pixelWidth&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @3 21600 pixelHeight&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @0 0 1&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @6 1 2&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @7 21600 pixelWidth&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @8 21600 0&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;prod @7 21600 pixelHeight&quot;/&gt; &lt;v:f eqn=&quot;sum @10 21600 0&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:formulas&gt; &lt;v:path o:extrusionok=&quot;f&quot; gradientshapeok=&quot;t&quot; o:connecttype=&quot;rect&quot;/&gt; &lt;o:lock v:ext=&quot;edit&quot; aspectratio=&quot;t&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:shapetype&gt;&lt;v:shape id=&quot;_x0000_i1025&quot; type=&quot;#_x0000_t75&quot; style=&#039;width:468pt; height:351pt&#039;&gt; &lt;v:imagedata src=&quot;file:///C:\DOCUME~1\DAVIDL~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtml1\02\clip_image001.png&quot; o:title=&quot;&quot;/&gt; &lt;/v:shape&gt;&lt;![endif]--&gt;&lt;!--[if !vml]--&gt;&lt;/span&gt;Generate multipart/alternate versions of richtext &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;In the Advanced Settings, I have the bottom two checked&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;The Blind BCC option (I know that&#039;s not relevant here)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; and&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Enable TextFile Autodetection.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; I don&#039;t have the MIME encoding checked because that&#039;s what created the raw message info to show which was my earlier problem and posting. But when I checked it, that&#039;s when this problem emerged.... I can do Rich text with no raw formatting shwoing... but then I can&#039;t get my message sent along with an attachment.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I tried to copy and paste screen shot, but it wouldn&#039;t go through.&amp;nbsp; Again... this is the first time this has happened in the 7 or 8 years I&#039;ve used Pegasus...&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Any other suggestions?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks for your efforts,&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;DAvid&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/DAVIDL%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg&quot; alt=&quot;&quot;&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

I just started to have this problem where if I copy text into my mail and use Rich Text, I get

Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-21153.86759109"

at the top and all sorts of formatting after my message. (see below for an example)

How can I get this to stop?

Thanks,

David

meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Style-Type" content="text/css"/>

</head>

<body>

<div align="left">

<font face="Arial" size="2">

<span style=" font-size:10pt">

ooioiuoiuiou</span></font>

</div>

<div align="left">

<br />

</span>

</font>

</div>

<div align="left">

<b>weiouweoiu</b></span></font>

</div>

<div align="left">

<b><br />

</b>

&lt;P&gt;I just started to have this problem where if I copy text into my mail and use Rich Text, I get &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-21153.86759109&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;at the top and all sorts of formatting after my message. (see below for an example)&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;How can I get this to stop?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;David&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;meta http-equiv=&quot;content-type&quot; content=&quot;text/html;charset=utf-8&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Style-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/css&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;body&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;ooioiuoiuiou&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt; &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;b&amp;gt;weiouweoiu&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;b&amp;gt; &lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;

[quote user="Outback"]

I just started to have this problem where if I copy text into my mail and use Rich Text, I get

Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-21153.86759109"

at the top and all sorts of formatting after my message. (see below for an example)

How can I get this to stop?[/quote]

"Multipart" indicates that there are multiple parts to the message. In this case, Pegasus is using different parts to make a choice of formats available to your recipient. You've chosen "rich text"--which, in this context, means HTML--but not everyone has an email client that can handle it (although that's rarer these days) and certainly not everyone wants to receive it. Accordingly, it's sent as plaintext as well, and the boundaries between the two choices are marked. More here:

http://mailformat.dan.info/headers/mime.html

What you've got above there is HTML code--and good clean HTML code at that. That's what you get when you ask for "rich text". There was an earlier standard for email called text/enriched ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriched_text ) but virtually no-one sends that now.

If you don't want to send that, go to Tools > Options... and select "Message Formatting" under Outgoing Mail. Now uncheck the boxes for "Disable all text styling options" and "Always paste plain text".

EDIT: 

Or am I misunderstanding? Is this the message source you're talking about--what Pegasus calls "Raw view"--or is this actually showing in "Message" view?

[quote user=&quot;Outback&quot;]&lt;p&gt;I just started to have this problem where if I copy text into my mail and use Rich Text, I get &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&lt;font size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/font&gt;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;font size=&quot;2&quot;&gt;&lt;p&gt;Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-21153.86759109&quot;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;at the top and all sorts of formatting after my message. (see below for an example)&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;How can I get this to stop?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&quot;Multipart&quot; indicates that there are multiple parts to the message. In this case, Pegasus is using different parts to make a choice of formats available to your recipient. You&#039;ve chosen &quot;rich text&quot;--which, in this context, means HTML--but not everyone has an email client that can handle it (although that&#039;s rarer these days) and certainly&nbsp;not everyone wants to receive it. Accordingly, it&#039;s sent as plaintext as well, and the boundaries between the two choices are marked. More here:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;http://mailformat.dan.info/headers/mime.html&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;What you&#039;ve got above there is HTML code--and good clean HTML code at that. That&#039;s what you get when you ask for &quot;rich text&quot;. There was an earlier standard for email called text/enriched (&nbsp;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enriched_text )&nbsp;but virtually no-one sends that now.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If you don&#039;t want to send that, go to Tools &amp;gt; Options... and select &quot;Message Formatting&quot; under Outgoing Mail. Now uncheck the boxes for &quot;Disable all text styling options&quot; and &quot;Always paste plain text&quot;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;EDIT:&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Or am I misunderstanding? Is this the message source you&#039;re talking about--what Pegasus calls &quot;Raw view&quot;--or is this actually showing in &quot;Message&quot; view?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;/font&gt;

Thanks Mike for the quick response. The code  is in the message text when I do rich text, but never did it until about a week ago. It has:

Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890"

--Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890

At the beginning and then gobs of code at the end started by:

--Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
          "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Does this answer your question and is there a something else I need to do to be able to still copy and paste from Word and/or do bold, italic, etc. in the email without all that code?

Thanks!

David

&lt;p&gt;Thanks Mike for the quick response. The code&amp;nbsp; is in the message text when I do rich text, but never did it until about a week ago. It has:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp; Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890&quot; --Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;At the beginning and then gobs of code at the end started by:&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; --Alt-Boundary-8308.2713890 &amp;lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN&quot; &amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp; &quot;http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&quot;&amp;gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Does this answer your question and is there a something else I need to do to be able to still copy and paste from Word and/or do bold, italic, etc. in the email without all that code?&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thanks!&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;David&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Outback"]

Thanks Mike for the quick response. The code  is in the message text when I do rich text, but never did it until about a week ago.[/quote]

I'm baffled by that. I've never come across that. But maybe someone else has.

[quote]Does this answer your question and is there a something else I need to do to be able to still copy and paste from Word and/or do bold, italic, etc. in the email without all that code?[/quote]

Thank you, yes, it does. That should be present in in the raw source, if you send as "rich text", but you shouldn't see it in the message view. Something's gone wrong. One of the experts here may know what that is.

If checking "Always used plain text in preference to styled text" under options > Outgoing Mail > Message formatting doesn't help, you could paste from Word into Notepad, then copy from Notepad to the composition window. Notepad should remove whatever formatting in documents it is that is causing a problem for the composer.

However, I don't know why it's happening in the first place and whether that indicates damage to some part of the program or something like that. Is it still the same copy of Word as a week ago? For example, you haven't just switched to Office 2007, have you? (I don't know that would make any difference.)

[quote user=&quot;Outback&quot;]&lt;p&gt;Thanks Mike for the quick response. The code&nbsp; is in the message text when I do rich text, but never did it until about a week ago.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I&#039;m baffled by that. I&#039;ve never come across that. But maybe someone else has.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;[quote]Does this answer your question and is there a something else I need to do to be able to still copy and paste from Word and/or do bold, italic, etc. in the email without all that code?[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Thank you, yes, it does. That [I]should[/I] be present in in the raw source, if you send as &quot;rich text&quot;, but you shouldn&#039;t see it in the message view. Something&#039;s gone wrong. One of the experts here may know what that is.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;If checking &quot;Always used plain text in preference to styled text&quot; under options &amp;gt; Outgoing Mail &amp;gt; Message formatting doesn&#039;t help, you could paste from Word into Notepad, then copy from Notepad to the composition window. Notepad should remove whatever formatting in documents it is that is causing a problem for the composer.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;However, I don&#039;t know why it&#039;s happening in the first place and whether that indicates damage to some part of the program or something like that.&nbsp;Is it still the same copy of Word as a week ago? For example, you haven&#039;t just switched to Office 2007, have you? (I don&#039;t know that would make any difference.)&lt;/p&gt;

Thanks Mike for hanging in there with me. No change with Word. Also, I just did a test where all I did was check Rich Text and typed in the word "bold" and then bolded it and sent it to myself, to make sure the problem doesn't just happen with copy and paste from Word.

Here's what came back:

Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656"

--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656

Bold

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head>

<title></title>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

</head>

<body>

<div align="left">

<b>Bold</b></span></font>

</div>

</body>

</html>

--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656--

As mentioned, I've been a Pegasus user  (and fan) for years and never had this happen until just recently.

Any thoughts anyone has about how I can eliminate this and go back to using rich text would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

David

&lt;P&gt;Thanks Mike for hanging in there with me. No change with Word. Also, I just did a test where all I did was check Rich Text and typed in the word &quot;bold&quot; and then bolded it and sent it to myself, to make sure the problem doesn&#039;t just happen with copy and paste from Word.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&lt;EM&gt;&amp;nbsp;Here&#039;s what came back:&lt;/EM&gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Bold&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&quot;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;FONT color=#008000 size=2&gt;http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&lt;/U&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;html xmlns=&quot;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;FONT color=#008000 size=2&gt;http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&lt;/U&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;&quot; xml:lang=&quot;en&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;head&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;title&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/title&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;content-type&quot; content=&quot;text/html;charset=utf-8&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Style-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/css&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;body&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Bold&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/body&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/html&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656--&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;nbsp;**********************************************&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;As mentioned, I&#039;ve been a Pegasus user&amp;nbsp; (and fan) for years and never had this happen until just recently.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;nbsp;Any thoughts anyone has about how I can eliminate this and go back to using rich text would be most appreciated.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Thanks,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;David&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;

I think I'd probably try re-installing, but perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.

I wonder if it would be worth changing the original subject line to read: "Raw source displays in message view" or something like that, since that would seem to be what the problem is.

&lt;p&gt;I think I&#039;d probably try re-installing, but perhaps someone else has a better suggestion.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;I wonder if it would be worth changing the original subject line to read: &quot;Raw source displays in message view&quot; or something like that, since that would seem to be what the problem is.&lt;/p&gt;

Just recently I've been getting source code when I use rich text. Here's an example. I typed "bold" then bolded it and sent it to myself. Here's what the message showed:

Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary="Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656"

Bold

"

http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="

http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" xml:lang="en" lang="en"><head>

<title></title>

<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8"/>

</head>

<body>

<div align="left">

<b>Bold</b></span></font>

</div>

</body>

</html>

--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656--

Any ideas? Thanks for your input

Best regards,

David

&lt;P&gt;Just recently I&#039;ve been getting source code when I use rich text. Here&#039;s an example. I typed &quot;bold&quot; then bolded it and sent it to myself. Here&#039;s what the message showed:&lt;/P&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Content-type: Multipart/Alternative; boundary=&quot;Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Bold&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC &quot;-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN&quot;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&quot;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;FONT color=#008000 size=2&gt;http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd&lt;/U&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;html xmlns=&quot;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;FONT color=#008000 size=2&gt;http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml&lt;/U&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;FONT size=2&gt;&quot; xml:lang=&quot;en&quot; lang=&quot;en&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;head&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;title&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/title&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;content-type&quot; content=&quot;text/html;charset=utf-8&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;Content-Style-Type&quot; content=&quot;text/css&quot;/&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;body&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;div align=&quot;left&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;font face=&quot;Arial&quot; size=&quot;2&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;span style=&quot; font-size:10pt&quot;&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Bold&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/span&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/font&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/div&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/body&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;lt;/html&amp;gt;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;--Alt-Boundary-11610.610156656--&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;&amp;nbsp;Any ideas? Thanks for your input&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;Best regards,&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left&gt;David&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P align=left mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;

Hello!

It seems that MIME is not enabled. You should check two settings to verify this:
(a) Go to "Tools" | "Options..." | "Outgoing mail" | "Messages and replies" where you find an option titled "Use MIME features". That option should be set to "On".
This is what Pegasus Mail's help says about that option:

MIME is an Internet standard for handling mail messages. In general, we strongly recommend that you use Pegasus Mail’s MIME features unless you are corresponding with someone using a mail system that does not understand or follow the MIME standard. This control determines the default state of MIME support in your mail messages - whichever value you select is what Pegasus Mail will use each time you start a new message. You can enable or disable MIME support on a message by message basis using the control in the Special view of the message editor. When MIME support is turned on, Pegasus Mail will use MIME encodings for all attachments, and will use the proper MIME transformations to preserve special and accented characters in your messages. Pegasus Mail always handles mail you receive that uses MIME formats correctly whether or not this control is turned on.
Check whether that option is turned on for each identity you have.
(b) When writing a message, you can open the "Special"-tab of the Message Editor window and check whether "Use MIME features in this message for Internet/local mail" is turned on. If it is not, just turn it on.
Unlike (a), (b) is valid only for the message you are writing; (a) is a setting that is valid for all messages you are writing (while using an identity in which the option described in (a) has been turned on).

I guess that the option as in (a) was not turned on when you were writing your messages. However, a MIME-based encoding is needed for a message to have fancy formatting (Bold,  Italic, inline-graphics etc.); http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME may give you some more information about it.

Hello! It&nbsp;seems&nbsp;that&nbsp;MIME&nbsp;is&nbsp;not&nbsp;enabled.&nbsp;You&nbsp;should&nbsp;check&nbsp;two&nbsp;settings&nbsp;to&nbsp;verify&nbsp;this: (a) Go to &quot;Tools&quot; | &quot;Options...&quot; | &quot;Outgoing mail&quot; | &quot;Messages and replies&quot; where you find an option titled &quot;Use MIME features&quot;. That option should be set to &quot;On&quot;. This&nbsp;is&nbsp;what&nbsp;Pegasus&nbsp;Mail&#039;s&nbsp;help&nbsp;says&nbsp;about&nbsp;that&nbsp;option: &lt;BLOCKQUOTE&gt; MIME is an Internet standard for handling mail messages. In general, we strongly recommend that you use Pegasus Mail&rsquo;s MIME features unless you are corresponding with someone using a mail system that does not understand or follow the MIME standard. This control determines the default state of MIME support in your mail messages - whichever value you select is what Pegasus Mail will use each time you start a new message. You can enable or disable MIME support on a message by message basis using the control in the Special view of the message editor. When MIME support is turned on, Pegasus Mail will use MIME encodings for all attachments, and will use the proper MIME transformations to preserve special and accented characters in your messages. Pegasus Mail always handles mail you receive that uses MIME formats correctly whether or not this control is turned on. &lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt;Check whether that option is turned on for each identity you have. (b)&nbsp;When&nbsp;writing&nbsp;a&nbsp;message,&nbsp;you&nbsp;can&nbsp;open&nbsp;the&nbsp;&quot;Special&quot;-tab&nbsp;of&nbsp;the&nbsp;Message&nbsp;Editor&nbsp;window&nbsp;and&nbsp;check&nbsp;whether&nbsp;&quot;Use&nbsp;MIME&nbsp;features&nbsp;in&nbsp;this&nbsp;message&nbsp;for&nbsp;Internet/local&nbsp;mail&quot;&nbsp;is&nbsp;turned&nbsp;on.&nbsp;If&nbsp;it&nbsp;is&nbsp;not,&nbsp;just&nbsp;turn&nbsp;it&nbsp;on. Unlike&nbsp;(a),&nbsp;(b)&nbsp;is&nbsp;valid&nbsp;only&nbsp;for&nbsp;the&nbsp;message&nbsp;you&nbsp;are&nbsp;writing;&nbsp;(a)&nbsp;is&nbsp;a&nbsp;setting&nbsp;that&nbsp;is&nbsp;valid&nbsp;for&nbsp;all&nbsp;messages&nbsp;you&nbsp;are&nbsp;writing&nbsp;(while&nbsp;using&nbsp;an&nbsp;identity&nbsp;in&nbsp;which&nbsp;the&nbsp;option&nbsp;described&nbsp;in&nbsp;(a)&nbsp;has&nbsp;been&nbsp;turned&nbsp;on). I guess that the option as in (a) was not turned on when you were writing your messages. However, a MIME-based encoding is needed for a message to have fancy formatting (Bold, &nbsp;Italic, inline-graphics etc.); &lt;A href=&quot;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME&quot; mce_href=&quot;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME&quot; target=&quot;_blank&quot;&gt;http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MIME&lt;/A&gt; may give you some more information about it.

Thanks for the response. I did the "Mime On" and the raw formatting went away, but... what resurfaced was another problem that cropped up awhile back (which is what led me to turning off the Mime option... I had forgotten that I had done that).

With Mime On, this is what happens for me (never happened until recently): When I send an attachment, the attachment arrives, but none of the message text. So it's a blank message with an attachment.

Is there some other piece of the puzzle?

Thanks so much.

DAavid

&lt;P&gt;Thanks for the response. I did the&amp;nbsp;&quot;Mime On&quot;&amp;nbsp;and the raw formatting went away, but... what resurfaced was another problem that cropped up awhile back (which is what led me to turning off the Mime option... I had forgotten that I had done that).&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;With Mime On, this is what happens for me (never happened until recently): When I send an attachment, the attachment arrives, but none of the message text. So it&#039;s a blank message with an attachment.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Is there some other piece of the puzzle?&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thanks so much.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;DAavid&lt;/P&gt;

Hello!
[quote user="Outback"] With Mime On, this is what happens for me (never happened until recently): When I send an attachment, the attachment arrives, but none of the message text. So it's a blank message with an attachment.

Is there some other piece of the puzzle?

[/quote] Perhaps, this happens because of one of the settings for sending a message with attachments.

Go to "Tools" |"Options..."| "Outgoing mail" | "Sending mail" where you find an option called "Send attachments as separate messages". (At least, this is how it is called in Pegasus Mail 4.41 - older versions used a different phrasing).

This is what the help file says about that option (on the help page titled "Settings for sending mail"):
When you send mail with attachments to Internet addresses, Pegasus Mail usually sends the text and all its attachments in a single mail message. In some cases, typically for people using slow links, it may be convenient to be able to have the text and attachments delivered in separate messages; if you would prefer that Pegasus Mail behaved this way and generated a separate mail message for each section, check this control.
That means (in version 4.41): if the option is unchecked, the attachment and the message text are sent in a single message; it is checked, the attachment and the message text are sent in two different messages. (Older versions had the meaning the other way around.)

So, do your recipients get two messages (instead of one) if you want to send them an attachment? If so, check that option.

Hello! [quote user=&quot;Outback&quot;] With Mime On, this is what happens for me (never happened until recently): When I send an attachment, the attachment arrives, but none of the message text. So it&#039;s a blank message with an attachment.&lt;P&gt;Is there some other piece of the puzzle?&lt;/P&gt;[/quote] Perhaps, this happens because of one of the settings for sending a message with attachments. Go to &quot;Tools&quot; |&quot;Options...&quot;| &quot;Outgoing mail&quot; | &quot;Sending mail&quot; where you find an option called &quot;Send attachments as separate messages&quot;. (At least, this is how it is called in Pegasus Mail 4.41 - older versions used a different phrasing). This is what the help file says about that option (on the help page titled &quot;Settings for sending mail&quot;): &lt;BLOCKQUOTE&gt;When you send mail with attachments to Internet addresses, Pegasus Mail usually sends the text and all its attachments in a single mail message. In some cases, typically for people using slow links, it may be convenient to be able to have the text and attachments delivered in separate messages; if you would prefer that Pegasus Mail behaved this way and generated a separate mail message for each section, check this control. &lt;/BLOCKQUOTE&gt;That means (in version 4.41): if the option is unchecked, the attachment and the message text are sent in a single message; it is checked, the attachment and the message text are sent in two different messages. (Older versions had the meaning the other way around.) So, do your recipients get two messages (instead of one)&nbsp;if&nbsp;you&nbsp;want&nbsp;to&nbsp;send&nbsp;them&nbsp;an&nbsp;attachment?&nbsp;If&nbsp;so,&nbsp;check&nbsp;that&nbsp;option.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft