Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Feature request for the re-indexing operation

have a look at the pegasus help: chapter - Browsing mail - Public (System-wide) Folders

if you need more information - ask ! these folders are easy to use and rock solid, because each mail is it´s own file and the folder really IS a folder in the disks directory structure.

<P>have a look at the pegasus help: chapter - Browsing mail - Public (System-wide) Folders</P> <P>if you need more information - ask ! these folders are easy to use and rock solid, because each mail is it´s own file and the folder really IS a folder in the disks directory structure.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Hi !

Today I was not able to find one of my old emails, so

after searching for some time, I re-indexed it and the email

re-appeared. My first request would be to make this disappearences ...

disappear [;)]. Bu then, after this re-indexing operation was performed, all the tags that were indicating to which emails I answered diseppeared also. I really would like those tags to be kept after re-indexing, and I hope it is not too much a burden for David and not too difficult. Indeed, I use Peagsus Mail on a semi-professional basis and those tags are very important since without them I do not know anymore to whom I answered already. For that I thus have to go and check in the "Send" folder, and this cross-examination is really time consuming. I hope you can do something for that David, and besides my case, I am sure this could prove useful for the others.

Thanks !

Ginhead. 

<p>Hi !</p><p>Today I was not able to find one of my old emails, so after searching for some time, I re-indexed it and the email re-appeared. My first request would be to make this disappearences ... disappear [;)]. Bu then, after this re-indexing operation was performed, all the tags that were indicating to which emails I answered diseppeared also. I really would like those tags to be kept after re-indexing, and I hope it is not too much a burden for David and not too difficult. Indeed, I use Peagsus Mail on a semi-professional basis and those tags are very important since without them I do not know anymore to whom I answered already. For that I thus have to go and check in the "Send" folder, and this cross-examination is really time consuming. I hope you can do something for that David, and besides my case, I am sure this could prove useful for the others.</p><p>Thanks !</p><p>Ginhead. </p>

you're right - reindexing is sometimes a problem. i don´t remember lost tags - perhaps because i don´t care too much about them, but know about the reappearing of deleted mails. i personally very, very seldom have to use the reindexing, because of two reasons:

1. i don´t let the folder grow too much :-)

and

2. after some time i transfer all the mails to system-wide-folders, which can never have any problem with corrupted folders or indexes.

ernst

<P>you're right - reindexing is sometimes a problem. i don´t remember lost tags - perhaps because i don´t care too much about them, but know about the reappearing of deleted mails. i personally very, very seldom have to use the reindexing, because of two reasons:</P> <P>1. i don´t let the folder grow too much :-)</P> <P>and</P> <P>2. after some time i transfer all the mails to system-wide-folders, which can never have any problem with corrupted folders or indexes.</P> <P>ernst</P>

Hi !

[quote user="ecz"]

2. after some time i transfer all the mails to system-wide-folders,

which can never have any problem with corrupted folders or indexes.

[/quote] 

I am sorry, but I do not know what are those system-wide-folders you are mentioning. Is this a feature of Pegasus Mail ? If not, can you give more details ?

Thanks !

Ginhead.

<p>Hi !</p><p>[quote user="ecz"]</p><p> 2. after some time i transfer all the mails to system-wide-folders, which can never have any problem with corrupted folders or indexes.</p><p>[/quote] </p><p>I am sorry, but I do not know what are those system-wide-folders you are mentioning. Is this a feature of Pegasus Mail ? If not, can you give more details ?</p><p>Thanks !</p><p>Ginhead.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft