Community Discussions and Support
recently used addresses

It should be an easy change in v5 to allow it to hold a user-specifiable number of addresses. The current restriction exists to ensure compatibility with the DOS (!!) version of Pegasus Mail, but I think we have well and truly moved beyond that now. I've made a note of this.

Cheers!

-- David --

<p>It should be an easy change in v5 to allow it to hold a user-specifiable number of addresses. The current restriction exists to ensure compatibility with the DOS (!!) version of Pegasus Mail, but I think we have well and truly moved beyond that now. I've made a note of this. Cheers! -- David -- </p>

Hello,

Is it possible to change the settings in the "recently

used addresses" to make it hold more or  to determine how it keeps

or drops an address? Thank you in advance for any help you can

give. 

<p>Hello, </p><p>Is it possible to change the settings in the "recently used addresses" to make it hold more or  to determine how it keeps or drops an address? Thank you in advance for any help you can give. </p>

[quote user="wordmaster"]

Hello,

Is it possible to change the settings in the "recently

used addresses" to make it hold more or  to determine how it keeps

or drops an address? Thank you in advance for any help you can

give. 

[/quote]

It currently can hold 75 addresses, more is (within the program) not possible. Recently used addresses are added at (or moved to) the top when used. The last address drops out when count >75.

BUT: The addresses are stored in a file called winpmfua.pm. This file can be edited in an editor like notepad. When you do, you can customize it to your liking, making it bigger or larger. When you make that file read-only (right-mouse properties) Pegasus Mail will no longer manipulate that file. I have my file completely custom made and set to read only (as I have many, many just one-time recipients for mail due to support). Works great.

[quote user="wordmaster"]<p>Hello, </p><p>Is it possible to change the settings in the "recently used addresses" to make it hold more or  to determine how it keeps or drops an address? Thank you in advance for any help you can give. </p><p>[/quote]</p><p>It currently can hold 75 addresses, more is (within the program) not possible. Recently used addresses are added at (or moved to) the top when used. The last address drops out when count >75.</p><p>BUT: The addresses are stored in a file called winpmfua.pm. This file can be edited in an editor like notepad. When you do, you can customize it to your liking, making it bigger or larger. When you make that file read-only (right-mouse properties) Pegasus Mail will no longer manipulate that file. I have my file completely custom made and set to read only (as I have many, many just one-time recipients for mail due to support). Works great.</p><p> </p>

-- Han van den Bogaerde - support@vandenbogaerde.net Member of Pegasus Mail Support Group. My own Pegasus Mail related web information: http://www.vandenbogaerde.net/pegasusmail/

You can also select emails addresses in the list and delete them using the delete key.   Sorry if this is obvious but it was not obvious to anyone here we only found out a few months ago.

This would NOT work if you had made the file read only of course.

<p>You can also select emails addresses in the list and delete them using the delete key.   Sorry if this is obvious but it was not obvious to anyone here we only found out a few months ago.</p><p> This would NOT work if you had made the file read only of course.  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft