Pegasus Mail Suggestions
PM461: message/attachment size limits

Nice feature ... but not that way. :-(

Environment: PM461 (still testing) with NDS-Module, central installation on Novell Netware 6.5 with mailboxes in users homedirectory on server.

We extensively use several mailaccounts with IMAP. For one of those (our central mailaccount of university) I know the limitations set by provider of services. On other (most times private) accounts the user should have the opportunity to set those limits. So ... the sizelimit is individual to the mailaccount ... not to the registry of any windows-installation.

My suggestion: There should (may be alternatively or additionaly) be a possibility to set those limits in PMAIL.INI (-> options in pegasus) for every identity in users configuration of pegasus. May be the settings in registry have high priority, but may be set lower per identity by the user. If there are no settings in registry, the only limit is that per identity.

just my 2 cent

Olaf

<p>Nice feature ... but not that way. :-(</p><p>Environment: PM461 (still testing) with NDS-Module, central installation on Novell Netware 6.5 with mailboxes in users homedirectory on server. </p><p>We extensively use several mailaccounts with IMAP. For one of those (our central mailaccount of university) I know the limitations set by provider of services. On other (most times private) accounts the user should have the opportunity to set those limits. So ... the sizelimit is individual to the mailaccount ... not to the registry of any windows-installation.</p><p>My suggestion: There should (may be alternatively or additionaly) be a possibility to set those limits in PMAIL.INI (-> options in pegasus) for every identity in users configuration of pegasus. May be the settings in registry have high priority, but may be set lower per identity by the user. If there are no settings in registry, the only limit is that per identity.</p><p>just my 2 cent</p><p>    Olaf</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft