Pegasus Mail Suggestions
copy and paste into other applications

Yes, I can see it should be in the support forum.  If you can, please move it. 

(I put it in suggestions 'cos I was intending to suggest that this bug be fixed, but apparently my bug is genetically unique.)

<P>Yes, I can see it should be in the support forum.  If you can, please move it. </P><P>(I put it in suggestions 'cos I was intending to suggest that this bug be fixed, but apparently my bug is genetically unique.)</P>

When I copy and paste part of a message into a new message, or into another application such as a spreadsheet, it will often copy the whole message, or at least large parts that I had not hilighted in the copy operation.  Can it be fixed.  Its a real nuisance when the pasted information obliterates other information in the paste to location.

When I copy and paste part of a message into a new message, or into another application such as a spreadsheet, it will often copy the whole message, or at least large parts that I had not hilighted in the copy operation.  Can it be fixed.  Its a real nuisance when the pasted information obliterates other information in the paste to location.

[quote user="philip e j jones"]When I copy and paste part of a message into a new message, or into another application such as a spreadsheet, it will often copy the whole message, or at least large parts that I had not hilighted in the copy operation.  Can it be fixed.  Its a real nuisance when the pasted information obliterates other information in the paste to location.[/quote]

I assume this applies to HTML (formatted) messages? If so it might be difficult to handle, you may, e.g., copy text from a hidden table (which are frequently used for invisible formatting purposes), and the source may not easily allow to seperate text parts taken from a table if they span cells and rows only partly. I can't imagine that it affects plain text messages as well ...

<p>[quote user="philip e j jones"]When I copy and paste part of a message into a new message, or into another application such as a spreadsheet, it will often copy the whole message, or at least large parts that I had not hilighted in the copy operation.  Can it be fixed.  Its a real nuisance when the pasted information obliterates other information in the paste to location.[/quote]</p><p>I assume this applies to HTML (formatted) messages? If so it might be difficult to handle, you may, e.g., copy text from a hidden table (which are frequently used for invisible formatting purposes), and the source may not easily allow to seperate text parts taken from a table if they span cells and rows only partly. I can't imagine that it affects plain text messages as well ...</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

[:D] No - when I compose an unformatted plain text (i.e. just type the text in - so I assume it is plain text) email and send it to myself, then highlight and copy one line from the received message into an Excel spreadsheet, it will paste all lines up to and including the one I highlighted.  With other messages, sometimes the whole messge will be pasted.  Tables and text that is obviously formatted in some way i would expect to behave a little erratically.

[:D] No - when I compose an unformatted plain text (i.e. just type the text in - so I assume it is plain text) email and send it to myself, then highlight and copy one line from the received message into an Excel spreadsheet, it will paste all lines up to and including the one I highlighted.  With other messages, sometimes the whole messge will be pasted.  Tables and text that is obviously formatted in some way i would expect to behave a little erratically.

[quote user="philip e j jones"][:D] No - when I compose an unformatted plain text (i.e. just type the text in - so I assume it is plain text) email and send it to myself, then highlight and copy one line from the received message into an Excel spreadsheet[/quote]

There must be something very specific to your system: We've had the opposite in the support forum (where your post should have gone as well, BTW) where paste didn't work at all, but I never heard of an issue like yours, so I don't have any further ideas.

<p>[quote user="philip e j jones"][:D] No - when I compose an unformatted plain text (i.e. just type the text in - so I assume it is plain text) email and send it to myself, then highlight and copy one line from the received message into an Excel spreadsheet[/quote]</p><p>There must be something very specific to your system: We've had the opposite in the support forum (where your post should have gone as well, BTW) where paste didn't work at all, but I never heard of an issue like yours, so I don't have any further ideas.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft