Pegasus Mail
Pegasus Mail v4.61 for Windows

Version 4.61 is an interim release – not quite

version 5, but part of the way there. We're releasing it primarily

because it incorporates some important bug fixes, but it has some

extremely worthwhile new capabilities too.

• New HTML renderer  HTML has

become increasingly common in e-mail, even though it is actually not

especially well-suited to the medium and is technically challenging to

implement there. Version 4.61 includes a new HTML renderer that uses

the built-in power of Internet Explorer to render HTML. Developed by

Michael in der Wiesche, this renderer has been exhaustively tested and

secured, and we believe it meets all our very high standards for

security. For people who really don't trust Internet Explorer, though,

Martin Ireland's BearHTML renderer has also been improved and can be

used instead with a single click of a button.

• New graphics, updated interface

Version 4.61 sports beautiful new graphics designed by Sven Henze. The

program is also most of the way towards a redesigned user interface

with a more "modern" 3D look. We believe the combination of Sven's

graphics and the new look make the program very attractive in a

classical way.

• Numerous bug fixes  including,

but not limited to the following: HTML messages with very long lines

will now render correctly; mailto: specifiers are now removed correctly

when adding addresses to addressbooks and lists; fixed crashes caused

by various types of malformed message; corrected the colour selector

for filtering rules; allowed folders to be dragged onto closed trays

when rearranging the folder hierarchy... and many more.

• Accent expansion in the glossary

you can now create accented characters using the Glossary Expansion

key (Ctrl+E in the English version). Simply type the base character

followed by the accent you want added, then press Ctrl+E. For example,

to create an e-acute character (é) simply type e' then press Ctrl+E.

For a complete table of the accented characters that can be created,

consult the full Pegasus Mail help file.

• Confirm-reading prompts  You can

now have Pegasus Mail prompt you for whether or not a

confirmation-of-reading message is sent when a message contains a

request for one (the original options for always and never sending them

remain available as well). Make this change in the "Advanced" settings

page.

• Size column for drafts and queued mail  The window that displays draft messages and messages in the sending queue now includes a size column, by popular request.

• Attachment size controls  System

administrators wanting to control the maximum sizes of attachments sent

with the program can now do so by running the LIMITS.EXE program

supplied with the system. LIMITS.EXE allows you to specify both soft

and hard limits (a "soft" limit pops up a warning but still allows the

user to add the attachment, while a "hard" limit does not allow the

attachment to be added). LIMITS.EXE places values in the Windows

Registry, and system administrators may wish to remove it from the

installation directory to a location not accessible to users.

• Commandline and GUI versions of MBXMAINT

The Mailbox Maintenance utility, MBXMAINT, now comes as two versions:

MBXMAINT.EXE is a commandline utility that can be used in scripts,

while MBXMAINT_UI is the traditional GUI version of the application.

Both have also been slightly improved in the types of error conditions

they can handle.

Version 4.61 is an interim release – not quite version 5, but part of the way there. We're releasing it primarily because it incorporates some important bug fixes, but it has some extremely worthwhile new capabilities too. <ul><div align="justify"> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>New HTML renderer</i>  HTML has become increasingly common in e-mail, even though it is actually not especially well-suited to the medium and is technically challenging to implement there. Version 4.61 includes a new HTML renderer that uses the built-in power of Internet Explorer to render HTML. Developed by Michael in der Wiesche, this renderer has been exhaustively tested and secured, and we believe it meets all our very high standards for security. For people who really don't trust Internet Explorer, though, Martin Ireland's BearHTML renderer has also been improved and can be used instead with a single click of a button.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>New graphics, updated interface</i>  Version 4.61 sports beautiful new graphics designed by Sven Henze. The program is also most of the way towards a redesigned user interface with a more "modern" 3D look. We believe the combination of Sven's graphics and the new look make the program very attractive in a classical way.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Numerous bug fixes</i>  including, but not limited to the following: HTML messages with very long lines will now render correctly; mailto: specifiers are now removed correctly when adding addresses to addressbooks and lists; fixed crashes caused by various types of malformed message; corrected the colour selector for filtering rules; allowed folders to be dragged onto closed trays when rearranging the folder hierarchy... and many more.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Accent expansion in the glossary</i>  you can now create accented characters using the Glossary Expansion key (Ctrl+E in the English version). Simply type the base character followed by the accent you want added, then press Ctrl+E. For example, to create an e-acute character (é) simply type e' then press Ctrl+E. For a complete table of the accented characters that can be created, consult the full Pegasus Mail help file.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Confirm-reading prompts</i>  You can now have Pegasus Mail prompt you for whether or not a confirmation-of-reading message is sent when a message contains a request for one (the original options for always and never sending them remain available as well). Make this change in the "Advanced" settings page.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Size column for drafts and queued mail</i>  The window that displays draft messages and messages in the sending queue now includes a size column, by popular request.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Attachment size controls</i>  System administrators wanting to control the maximum sizes of attachments sent with the program can now do so by running the LIMITS.EXE program supplied with the system. LIMITS.EXE allows you to specify both soft and hard limits (a "soft" limit pops up a warning but still allows the user to add the attachment, while a "hard" limit does not allow the attachment to be added). LIMITS.EXE places values in the Windows Registry, and system administrators may wish to remove it from the installation directory to a location not accessible to users.  </li> <li style="margin-right: 10mm;"><i>Commandline and GUI versions of MBXMAINT</i>  The Mailbox Maintenance utility, MBXMAINT, now comes as two versions: MBXMAINT.EXE is a commandline utility that can be used in scripts, while MBXMAINT_UI is the traditional GUI version of the application. Both have also been slightly improved in the types of error conditions they can handle.</li></div></ul>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft