Pegasus Mail Suggestions
tieing identities to emails

As a default I would like to reply to messages using the identity which received them rather than the one currently selected in Pegasus. I think that is along the lines of the original post. Identities tied to folders help, but involves extra setup steps that perhaps would not be necessary?

<p>As a default I would like to reply to messages using the identity which received them rather than the one currently selected in Pegasus. I think that is along the lines of the original post. Identities tied to folders help, but involves extra setup steps that perhaps would not be necessary?</p>

I have two email accounts setup in pmail, one for business one personal.  As most of my work is business, that is the default.

However, I frequently forget to switch identities when doing a quick personal email and the email comes from my business address.   It would be a real good enhancement if there was a way tie an identity to an email address so that when I did an email to friend@something.com it would default to being from personal-email@whatever.com  rather than the default identity.

thanks...  great program!

<P>I have two email accounts setup in pmail, one for business one personal.  As most of my work is business, that is the default.</P> <P>However, I frequently forget to switch identities when doing a quick personal email and the email comes from my business address.   It would be a real good enhancement if there was a way tie an identity to an email address so that when I did an email to <A href="mailto:friend@something.com">friend@something.com</A> it would default to being from <A href="mailto:personal-email@whatever.com">personal-email@whatever.com</A>  rather than the default identity.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>thanks...  great program!</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

In Pegasus Mail Help you may wish to review Help/Identities/Attaching identities to folders.

Using Tools/Mail Filtering Rules/Edit new filtering rules/Rules applied when folder is opened ..., perhaps you can sort incoming mail into personal/business folders according to your different email accounts.  If you attach personal/business identity to these folders, your reply will reflect the attached identity.

Does this address your issue?

Good Luck.

<p>In Pegasus Mail Help you may wish to review <b>Help/Identities/Attaching identities to folders</b>.</p><p>Using <b>Tools/Mail Filtering Rules/Edit new filtering rules/Rules applied when folder is opened ...</b>, perhaps you can sort incoming mail into personal/business folders according to your different email accounts.  If you attach personal/business identity to these folders, your reply will reflect the attached identity.</p><p>Does this address your issue? </p><p>Good Luck. </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft