Community Discussions and Support
Possible HTML anchor bug in 4.61?

[quote user="rooster"]After digging around some more, I discovered (and I apologize for this) that the problem is in the IERenderer and NOT in the "native" Pegasus HTML renderer.[/quote]

Nevertheless, could you be so kind as to forward the respective message as a zipped CNM file from your new mail directory so I can fix this issue if possible at all, at least for other users if you prefer not to use IERenderer?

<p>[quote user="rooster"]After digging around some more, I discovered (and I apologize for this) that the problem is in the IERenderer and NOT in the "native" Pegasus HTML renderer.[/quote]</p><p>Nevertheless, could you be so kind as to forward the respective message as a zipped CNM file from your new mail directory so I can fix this issue if possible at all, at least for other users if you prefer not to use IERenderer?</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

It seems that PMail 4.61 has an HTML anchor error in its native HTML rendering code.  (Version 4.52 and earlier did NOT have this error.)

The problem seems to be that, when PMail encounters a clicked hotlink to an internal HTML anchor, instead of going to the named anchor it displays a "404 Not found" error screen that replaces the email message (which, by the way, seems impossible to recover from except by clicking back and forth between either the next or previous message and then back on the current message again).

For me, this situation occurs quite frequently when viewing messages in Yahoo groups.  If a message has an attachment, there's a hotlinked notice at the beginning of the message which, if clicked, is supposed to jump to the bottom of the message, where the actual hotlink to the attachment stored on Yahoo's servers is found.  Basically, the top hotlink has an anchor "href" with the value "#TopText", and the bottom hotlink has an anchor "name" with the value "TopText".  Correct HTML rendering would jump from the top hotlink to the bottom hotlink when the top hotlink is clicked.

Harvey

<p>It seems that PMail 4.61 has an HTML anchor error in its native HTML rendering code.  (Version 4.52 and earlier did NOT have this error.)</p><p>The problem seems to be that, when PMail encounters a clicked hotlink to an internal HTML anchor, instead of going to the named anchor it displays a "404 Not found" error screen that replaces the email message (which, by the way, seems impossible to recover from except by clicking back and forth between either the next or previous message and then back on the current message again).</p><p>For me, this situation occurs quite frequently when viewing messages in Yahoo groups.  If a message has an attachment, there's a hotlinked notice at the beginning of the message which, if clicked, is supposed to jump to the bottom of the message, where the actual hotlink to the attachment stored on Yahoo's servers is found.  Basically, the top hotlink has an anchor "href" with the value "#TopText", and the bottom hotlink has an anchor "name" with the value "TopText".  Correct HTML rendering would jump from the top hotlink to the bottom hotlink when the top hotlink is clicked.</p><p>Harvey</p><p> </p>

Please send an example message, in its entirety, to irelam@telus.net and I will see that it gets inspected and passed on if required

Martin

<p>Please send an example message, in its entirety, to irelam@telus.net and I will see that it gets inspected and passed on if required</p><p>Martin </p>

[quote user="rooster"]It seems that PMail 4.61 has an HTML anchor error in its native HTML rendering code.  (Version 4.52 and earlier did NOT have this error.)[/quote]

Please try again after updating IERenderer from the download section.

<p>[quote user="rooster"]It seems that PMail 4.61 has an HTML anchor error in its native HTML rendering code.  (Version 4.52 and earlier did NOT have this error.)[/quote]</p><p>Please try again after updating IERenderer from the <a href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx" mce_href="/files/folders/community_add-ons_for_pegasus_mail/entry24145.aspx" target="_blank">download section</a>.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

After digging around some more, I discovered (and I apologize for this) that the problem is in the IERenderer and NOT in the "native" Pegasus HTML renderer.  I was shocked to discover that Pegasus had the IERenderer as its default setting rather than its native renderer.  The native renderer does not exhibit the problem I described.  Thanks!

Harvey

<p>After digging around some more, I discovered (and I apologize for this) that the problem is in the IERenderer and NOT in the "native" Pegasus HTML renderer.  I was shocked to discover that Pegasus had the IERenderer as its default setting rather than its native renderer.  The native renderer does not exhibit the problem I described.  Thanks!</p><p>Harvey</p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft