Community Discussions and Support
MercuryC: Limit messages per session?

Rules and policies are executed in the core module in Mercury, so once a message has been handed over to MercuryC or MercuryE for delivery it's out of their reach. It might be possible to create a function like the one you describe using the new daemon interface, but as the specifications haven't been released yet I can't say for sure.

/Rolf 

<p>Rules and policies are executed in the core module in Mercury, so once a message has been handed over to MercuryC or MercuryE for delivery it's out of their reach. It might be possible to create a function like the one you describe using the new daemon interface, but as the specifications haven't been released yet I can't say for sure.</p><p>/Rolf </p>

Hi

I'm using Mercury/32 to distribute a small announcements list (about 70 addresses). I was using MercuryE but my ADSL IP address was being rejected by many servers, so I decided to switch to MercuryC and use my web host's (www.pair.com) mail relaying service.

Pair's relay server has 50 recipients per session limit. When mercury sends my mailing list, it tries to send all the mails in a single session, causing errors on address 51 and subsequent.

Is there a way in current Mercury version to tell MercuryC to deliver only 50 address, then wait a few minutes and then send the next 50 addresses batch?

Thanks for any idea.

Regards

<P>Hi</P> <P> I'm using Mercury/32 to distribute a small announcements list (about 70 addresses). I was using MercuryE but my ADSL IP address was being rejected by many servers, so I decided to switch to MercuryC and use my web host's (<A href="http://www.pair.com/">www.pair.com</A>) mail relaying service.</P> <P> Pair's relay server has 50 recipients per session limit. When mercury sends my mailing list, it tries to send all the mails in a single session, causing errors on address 51 and subsequent.</P> <P> Is there a way in current Mercury version to tell MercuryC to deliver only 50 address, then wait a few minutes and then send the next 50 addresses batch?</P> <P> Thanks for any idea.</P> <P>Regards</P>

Unfortunately, no - there's currently no way of doing this in either MercuryC or MercuryE.

-- David --

Unfortunately, no - there's currently no way of doing this in either MercuryC or MercuryE. -- David --

[quote user="carlosg"] Mercury version to tell MercuryC to deliver only 50 address, then wait a few minutes and then send the next 50 addresses batch?[/quote]

If you're using the listserver within Mercury/32 you can fan out the distribution, ie splitting the membership at the time of sending.

<P>[quote user="carlosg"] Mercury version to tell MercuryC to deliver only 50 address, then wait a few minutes and then send the next 50 addresses batch?[/quote]</P> <P>If you're using the listserver within Mercury/32 you can fan out the distribution, ie splitting the membership at the time of sending.</P>

[quote user="David Harris"]Unfortunately, no - there's currently no way of doing this in either MercuryC or MercuryE.

-- David --

[/quote]

When mail host limit it is reached, we receive a message like this:

--- Problems not related to specific addresses in the message:
5: Unexpected DATA reply '550 5.4.5 Daily sending quota excee' from mail host.

Is it possible to write a ruler filter to instruct MercuryC to stop?

Francisco

<p>[quote user="David Harris"]Unfortunately, no - there's currently no way of doing this in either MercuryC or MercuryE. -- David -- [/quote]</p><p>When mail host limit it is reached, we receive a message like this:</p><blockquote><p>--- Problems not related to specific addresses in the message: 5: Unexpected DATA reply '550 5.4.5 Daily sending quota excee' from mail host.</p></blockquote><p>Is it possible to write a ruler filter to instruct MercuryC to stop?</p><p>Francisco  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft