Community Discussions and Support
Fixed!

I don't know how this works exactly, but apparently every time I edited one of the sigs (often using cut-and-paste of existing text for consistency) it seemed to wind up in the "internet, formatted" variant, even though I selected the "internet, plain" variant. Finally, I noticed that when I changed one of the sigs from "i..,f.." to "i..,p.." mode the text disappeared. So, I tried pasting the text into both variants, and voila, I now have my sigs back.

This whole thing behaves very odd, however. I'm not sure I understand all that had happened. I think I might have set a parameter elsewhere which sends all my email as an "internet, plain" message. Why the sig doesn't automatically move to that complete with text is beyond me. Sure was hard to figure out, though.

Rod

<p>I don't know how this works exactly, but apparently every time I edited one of the sigs (often using cut-and-paste of existing text for consistency) it seemed to wind up in the "internet, formatted" variant, even though I selected the "internet, plain" variant. Finally, I noticed that when I changed one of the sigs from "i..,f.." to "i..,p.." mode the text disappeared. So, I tried pasting the text into both variants, and voila, I now have my sigs back. </p><p> </p><p>This whole thing behaves very odd, however. I'm not sure I understand all that had happened. I think I might have set a parameter elsewhere which sends all my email as an "internet, plain" message. Why the sig doesn't automatically move to that complete with text is beyond me. Sure was hard to figure out, though. </p><p>Rod</p><p> </p>

I'm a long time user of Pegasus (v3.12c on my old computer from around 2000 until just a few weeks ago, and an earlier version back to '96--I've never used any other email client), now v4.41.

In v3.12c I used to have 7 or 8 signatures set up--a casual "Rod" as the default, a more formal one with full name and location, a ham radio one with my call sign, a "Dad", and a couple with alternate tag lines, and maybe even an "LRod", plus a "Linda" for my wife. I could compose a message and select which sig went with the message by selecting from the box on each new message window (with an identity set up for Linda, it would use the "Linda" sig by default).

Now, however, no matter what combination of defaults and formats I select, only the "Rod" signature gets attached to an email. If I select any other sig, nothing is attached. I'm glad I discovered the anomaly as quickly as I did before more than a handful of embarrassingly unidentified messages were sent. What happened? The Linda identity does work as expected.

I need my signature options back.

Thanks for any help.

Rod

<p> </p><p>I'm a long time user of Pegasus (v3.12c on my old computer from around 2000 until just a few weeks ago, and an earlier version back to '96--I've never used any other email client), now v4.41.</p><p> In v3.12c I used to have 7 or 8 signatures set up--a casual "Rod" as the default, a more formal one with full name and location, a ham radio one with my call sign, a "Dad", and a couple with alternate tag lines, and maybe even an "LRod", plus a "Linda" for my wife. I could compose a message and select which sig went with the message by selecting from the box on each new message window (with an identity set up for Linda, it would use the "Linda" sig by default). </p><p> Now, however, no matter what combination of defaults and formats I select, only the "Rod" signature gets attached to an email. If I select any other sig, nothing is attached. I'm glad I discovered the anomaly as quickly as I did before more than a handful of embarrassingly unidentified messages were sent. What happened? The Linda identity does work as expected. </p><p> I need my signature options back.</p><p>Thanks for any help.</p><p>Rod</p><p>  </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft