Community Discussions and Support
WinPMail container errors

it was user access rights.  Everyone needs write access to each mail folder in order to post mail.

it was user access rights.  Everyone needs write access to each mail folder in order to post mail.

I have recently taken over as sys admin here and I have never used Pegasus mail before.

I am now getting many/most users not able to send mail.  I have gone through the help files and have looked at what I can an dI think I hav edetermined it is a file security setting somewhere.  This is my setup:

Windows 2003 Terminal Server environment

Thin Clients

No Internet email access, internal only

60 users

I have set 1 user that can not send mail as an administrator (full rights) andthey no longer get the container error.  I have looked through all the PMAIL directories and user directories and have given the user full rights to all thier files an dstill the error comes up.  The temp files are set to a C:\document settings\<user>\local settings\temp\  this directoy is hidden.  Could that be a problem?  I can't find out how to change the temp setting.

I know I'm missing somethign, but I can't find the file/directory to give permissions to.

Any help would be great!  Thanks, Dan

&lt;P&gt;I have recently taken over as sys admin here and I have never used Pegasus mail before.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I am now getting many/most users not able to send mail.&amp;nbsp; I have gone through the help files and have looked at what I can an dI think I hav edetermined it is a file security setting somewhere.&amp;nbsp; This is my setup:&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P mce_keep=&quot;true&quot;&gt;&amp;nbsp;&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Windows 2003 Terminal Server environment&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;Thin Clients&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;No Internet email access, internal only&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;60 users&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I have set 1 user that can not send mail as an administrator (full rights) andthey no longer get the container error.&amp;nbsp; I have looked through all the PMAIL directories and user directories and have given the user full rights to all thier files an dstill the error comes up.&amp;nbsp; The temp files are set to a C:\document settings\&amp;lt;user&amp;gt;\local settings\temp\&amp;nbsp; this directoy is hidden.&amp;nbsp; Could that be a problem?&amp;nbsp; I can&#039;t find out how to change the temp setting.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;I know I&#039;m missing somethign, but I can&#039;t find the file/directory to give permissions to.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;&amp;nbsp;Any help would be great!&amp;nbsp; Thanks, Dan&lt;/P&gt;

I would try making the Temp directory unhidden first. Then if that fails, try setting up a TEMP variable in the Environmental variables (Control Panel/System/Advanced. Pegasus Mail makes extensive use of Temp and its sub-directories. I would also check that your users have their new mail directories set up in a read/write area, so that folders, mail, and config files can be stored. As you are running thin clients, you must have somewhere ion the network  for user data?

Also check that Pegasus Mail config files are pointing to their correct directories. 

HTH

Martin 

&lt;p&gt;I would try making the Temp directory unhidden first. Then if that fails, try setting up a TEMP variable in the Environmental variables (Control Panel/System/Advanced. Pegasus Mail makes extensive use of Temp and its sub-directories. I would also check that your users have their new mail directories set up in a read/write area, so that folders, mail, and config files can be stored. As you are running thin clients, you must have somewhere ion the network&amp;nbsp; for user data? &lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Also check that Pegasus Mail config files are pointing to their correct directories.&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&amp;nbsp;HTH&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Martin&amp;nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;

I did make the local settings folder unhidden, but that didn't work.

I changed the environment variables to %userprofile%\temp.  Then I changd the temp directory in <USER>\PMAIL.ini to c:\documents and settings\<user>\temp.  All this did change the help\info box in Pegasus in any admin level account, but it will not change for any normal user account.

All directories and paths in the ini files are set ok. 

&lt;P&gt;I did make the local settings folder unhidden, but that didn&#039;t work.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;I changed the environment variables to %userprofile%\temp.&amp;nbsp; Then I changd the temp directory in &amp;lt;USER&amp;gt;\PMAIL.ini to c:\documents and settings\&amp;lt;user&amp;gt;\temp.&amp;nbsp; All this did change the help\info box in Pegasus in any admin level account, but it will not change for any normal user account.&lt;/P&gt; &lt;P&gt;All directories and paths in the ini files are set ok.&amp;nbsp; &lt;/P&gt;
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft