Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Maximum Message Count using "Selective Mail Download"

In PM ver 4.51 running under Win XP Pro SP2, I am trying to limit the number of header data that are downloaded using "File/Selective Mail Download" from an account with 4000+ messages, so that I can choose from the presented list of, say 50 or 100 headers, which to delete directly on the ISP server leaving me with a much smaller number which can be retrieved normally.

In Tools/Internet Options
clicking on Receiving (POP3) tab, then Edit and Download Controls
I get the dialogue sub-window which allows me to insert under "During any connection, download at most  "nnn" messages"
If I insert, say 50 and go back to File/Selective Mail Download from the server it has no effect.
If I instead choose "File/Check Host for New Mail", then the 50 full messages plus attachments beginning with the oldest, which may be large, are downloaded taking much longer and putting many unwanted messages on my PC.

Could I ask that the next version of PM allows the number of messages to apply also to just header data under "File/Selective Mail Download", as well as full messages under "File/Check Host for New Mail"

I believe Mr Thomas R. Stephenson, Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team, may also put this request forward from our recent discussion under Re: Maximum Message Count using "Selective mail Download"
Thank you.

Rodney Fry

Crowthorne, Berks,ENG

<p>In PM ver 4.51 running under Win XP Pro SP2, I am trying to limit the number of header data that are downloaded using "File/Selective Mail Download" from an account with 4000+ messages, so that I can choose from the presented list of, say 50 or 100 headers, which to delete directly on the ISP server leaving me with a much smaller number which can be retrieved normally. In Tools/Internet Options clicking on Receiving (POP3) tab, then Edit and Download Controls I get the dialogue sub-window which allows me to insert under "During any connection, download at most  "nnn" messages" If I insert, say 50 and go back to File/Selective Mail Download from the server it has no effect. If I instead choose "File/Check Host for New Mail", then the 50 full messages plus attachments beginning with the oldest, which may be large, are downloaded taking much longer and putting many unwanted messages on my PC. Could I ask that the next version of PM allows the number of messages to apply also to just header data under "File/Selective Mail Download", as well as full messages under "File/Check Host for New Mail" I believe Mr Thomas R. Stephenson, Member of Pegasus Mail Support Team, may also put this request forward from our recent discussion under Re: Maximum Message Count using "Selective mail Download" Thank you.</p><p>Rodney Fry</p><p>Crowthorne, Berks,ENG </p><p> </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft