Community Discussions and Support
From column in sent folder

I think my post was a little bit too short: I do not use the brackets in the mail address, it is part of the name (alias) in the address book. So, if my entry is "name (Hotmail)" and "mail@hotmail.com" in the address book and I send him a mail, I get "To: Hotmail" in the From column of the sent folder. But if I open the sent mail I see a correct To line in the header "To: name (Hotmail)". All I need is to have the same display in the folder view.

One more funny thing is happening if I send mail to multiple addresses and the last one has the brackets. Again I just see what is inside the brackets, any other mail address is not displayed!

Other mail programs create a formatting like: "name (Hotmail)" <mail@hotmail.com> Maybe the quotation marks help here.

(BTW, it would be nice to see the real mail address beside the name from the address book in the sent mails To line.)

Greetings,

Stephan

I think my post was a little bit too short: I do not use the brackets in the mail address, it is part of the name (alias) in the address book. So, if my entry is &quot;name (Hotmail)&quot; and &quot;mail@hotmail.com&quot; in the address book and I send him a mail, I get &quot;To: Hotmail&quot; in the From column of the sent folder. But if I open the sent mail I see a correct To line in the header &quot;To: name (Hotmail)&quot;. All I need is to have the same display in the folder view. &lt;p&gt; One more funny thing is happening if I send mail to multiple addresses and the last one has the brackets. Again I just see what is inside the brackets, any other mail address is not displayed! &lt;p&gt; Other mail programs create a formatting like: &quot;name (Hotmail)&quot; &amp;lt;mail@hotmail.com&amp;gt; Maybe the quotation marks help here. &lt;p&gt; (BTW, it would be nice to see the real mail address beside the name from the address book in the sent mails To line.) &lt;p&gt; Greetings, Stephan

Hello,

I have several contacts, who have multiple email addresses. Since PM does not support this (yet), I created entries in my address book like "Name (AOL)" and "Name (Hotmail)" etc. When I send mails to these contacts and then look in my sent folder, I just see "AOL" and "Hotmail" in the From column. What is happening here?

Stephan

Hello, I have several contacts, who have multiple email addresses. Since PM does not support this (yet), I created entries in my address book like &quot;Name (AOL)&quot; and &quot;Name (Hotmail)&quot; etc. When I send mails to these contacts and then look in my sent folder, I just see &quot;AOL&quot; and &quot;Hotmail&quot; in the From column. What is happening here? &lt;p&gt;Stephan&lt;/p&gt;

[quote user="Sandal"]... I created entries in my address book like "Name (AOL)" and "Name (Hotmail)" etc. When I send mails to these contacts and then look in my sent folder, I just see "AOL" and "Hotmail" in the From column.[/quote]

IIRC, curved brackets actually have a function in email addresses - for adding comments perhaps. That may be it.

Try a different syntax. For example try "John Smith - AOL" instead of "John Smith (AOL)".

&lt;p&gt;[quote user=&quot;Sandal&quot;]... I created entries in my address book like &quot;Name (AOL)&quot; and &quot;Name (Hotmail)&quot; etc. When I send mails to these contacts and then look in my sent folder, I just see &quot;AOL&quot; and &quot;Hotmail&quot; in the From column.[/quote]&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;IIRC, curved brackets actually have a function in email addresses - for adding comments perhaps. That may be it.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;&nbsp;&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt;Try a different syntax. For example try &quot;John Smith - AOL&quot; instead of &quot;John Smith (AOL)&quot;.&lt;/p&gt;&lt;p&gt; &lt;/p&gt;

Anything in brackets in an e-mail address is syntactically regarded as a comment, and Pegasus Mail strips it out as part of the parsing process for display.

Oddly enough, I think this is the first time I've encountered this particular problem... <scratches head>. I can't think of any obvious workaround other than not using brackets, sorry (although you may be able to use square brackets instead).

Cheers!

-- David --

Anything in brackets in an e-mail address is syntactically regarded as a comment, and Pegasus Mail strips it out as part of the parsing process for display. Oddly enough, I think this is the first time I&#039;ve encountered this particular problem... &amp;lt;scratches head&amp;gt;. I can&#039;t think of any obvious workaround other than not using brackets, sorry (although you may be able to use square brackets instead). Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft