Pegasus Mail Suggestions
A displaying suggestion

[quote user="pmerik"]I, too, have many folders and I agree that a view of just the ones with new email would be very helpful. Following are two possibilities to select/present the different[/quote]

Please raise these issues again once the new MailStore is available as (aside from David Harris) nobody can currently tell which of these fveatures will already be available by default. The only thing we know is that it will allow for lots of extensions to the current concept.

<p>[quote user="pmerik"]I, too, have many folders and I agree that a view of just the ones with new email would be very helpful. Following are two possibilities to select/present the different[/quote]</p><p>Please raise these issues again once the new MailStore is available as (aside from David Harris) nobody can currently tell which of these fveatures will already be available by default. The only thing we know is that it will allow for lots of extensions to the current concept.</p>
			Michael
--
IERenderer's Homepage
PGP Key ID (RSA 2048): 0xC45D831B
S/MIME Fingerprint: 94C6B471 0C623088 A5B27701 742B8666 3B7E657C

Hello all !

Well, it seems the flying horse is still flying ... good :-). According to some posts, there is a new mail storing architecture that will soon accompany a future version of Pegasus Mail. In this respect, I would like to suggest the following addition. Assume you have trays containing folders, and to be precise let's say there are 100 trays having each 100 folders. Now, when you open several trays, it may take you some time to reach the particular folder you are interested in. Thus, in a effort to minimize the number of folders displayed to ease the user's job, couldn't it be possible to display only those folders that receive new messages ? Going back to my example, if in each tray there are only two folders having received new messages, then opening the trays will considerably diminish the length of the overall tree. More precisely should this be considered, one could put the following options or tick-boxes : [ ] show all trays and folders, [ ] show only folders that receive new messages, [ ] show only the folders satisfying a set of rules.

Also, I take this opportunity to ask if it could be possible o comment on the trays also. I made this suggestion some time ago and David accepted it saying it was ot that big of a work to code. I hope it is still the case.

Cheers !

<p>Hello all !</p><p>Well, it seems the flying horse is still flying ... good :-). According to some posts, there is a new mail storing architecture that will soon accompany a future version of Pegasus Mail. In this respect, I would like to suggest the following addition. Assume you have trays containing folders, and to be precise let's say there are 100 trays having each 100 folders. Now, when you open several trays, it may take you some time to reach the particular folder you are interested in. Thus, in a effort to minimize the number of folders displayed to ease the user's job, couldn't it be possible to display only those folders that receive new messages ? Going back to my example, if in each tray there are only two folders having received new messages, then opening the trays will considerably diminish the length of the overall tree. More precisely should this be considered, one could put the following options or tick-boxes : [ ] show all trays and folders, [ ] show only folders that receive new messages, [ ] show only the folders satisfying a set of rules.</p><p>Also, I take this opportunity to ask if it could be possible o comment on the trays also. I made this suggestion some time ago and David accepted it saying it was ot that big of a work to code. I hope it is still the case.</p><p>Cheers ! </p>

I, too, have many folders and I agree that a view of just the ones with new email would be very helpful. Following are two possibilities to select/present the different views:

The Thunderbird way: The folder-tree pane can be switched between the complete tree and list of unread folders. (There are also other views that some may find useful). It works somewhat like a tabbed window.

A variation on this idea, that I personally would like to see:

Let a virtual folder, similar to the search folders, contain (links to) all folders with unread messages. In other words, this folder provides a parallel folder tree that gives access only to unread messages and their containing folders. (This could be extended to search folders, so that they show containing folders as a tree rather that as a column in the message list pane.)

Cheers,

Erik

<p>I, too, have many folders and I agree that a view of just the ones with new email would be very helpful. Following are two possibilities to select/present the different views: </p><p>The Thunderbird way: The folder-tree pane can be switched between the complete tree and list of unread folders. (There are also other views that some may find useful). It works somewhat like a tabbed window. </p><p>A variation on this idea, that I personally would like to see:</p><p>Let a virtual folder, similar to the search folders, contain (links to) all folders with unread messages. In other words, this folder provides a parallel folder tree that gives access only to unread messages and their containing folders. (This could be extended to search folders, so that they show containing folders as a tree rather that as a column in the message list pane.) </p><p>Cheers,</p><p>Erik </p>
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft