Community Discussions and Support
Printing issue in 4.41.

hi

what printer are you using? this happened for us as well, when i upgraded from 4.31 to 4.41.  it has nothing to do with novell or windows server 2003. 4.31 was printing correctly, 4.41 was not - but only with brother hl 1450 printers. hp 1320 were working fine and printing from the chosen tray! we have defined a 2nd printer with the correct setting ie print from 2nd tray only as default - no success.

mario

<p>hi</p><p>what printer are you using? this happened for us as well, when i upgraded from 4.31 to 4.41.  it has nothing to do with novell or windows server 2003. 4.31 was printing correctly, 4.41 was not - but only with brother hl 1450 printers. hp 1320 were working fine and printing from the chosen tray! we have defined a 2nd printer with the correct setting ie print from 2nd tray only as default - no success. </p><p>mario  </p>

Hi.

I am experiencing a problem when printing to our printer. No matter what I do I can only get it to print on paper from tray 1. It doesn't matter if I tell it to use tray 2. When it is printed it still uses tray 1.

All other programs (word, notepad, excel and so on) works just fine. I can print on which ever tray I choose to use. So the problem seems to be only with Pegasus.

We are running Pegasus 4.41 on a Windows XP with SP2 and have installed it to be used in a network environment so all three people here can use it.

We used to run version 4.31 in a Novell 3.12 environment, and in that setup printing worked just fine. The issue seems to have appeared after switching to XP instead of Novell 3.12 and Pegasus 4.41 instead of 3.31.

I have spent quite some time on this now, and there is just no way that the choise I make about what tray to use, when printing from pegasus has any influence at all. It just prints from tray 1 no matter what I choose.

Have I missed something in the setup, or is this a known issue when running Pegasus 4.41 in a Windows network environment ?

The printer is attached to a Linksys printserver. But since all other applications can print just fine, I just don't see why the printserver could be the problem. Pegasus printing is the only one that behaves in this way.

Right now I just choose to print to our PDF driver, and then print to the printer from there. But that really shouldn't be the way to do it.

Thanks in advance

Rene

<P>Hi.</P> <P>I am experiencing a problem when printing to our printer. No matter what I do I can only get it to print on paper from tray 1. It doesn't matter if I tell it to use tray 2. When it is printed it still uses tray 1.</P> <P>All other programs (word, notepad, excel and so on) works just fine. I can print on which ever tray I choose to use. So the problem seems to be only with Pegasus.</P> <P>We are running Pegasus 4.41 on a Windows XP with SP2 and have installed it to be used in a network environment so all three people here can use it.</P> <P>We used to run version 4.31 in a Novell 3.12 environment, and in that setup printing worked just fine. The issue seems to have appeared after switching to XP instead of Novell 3.12 and Pegasus 4.41 instead of 3.31.</P> <P>I have spent quite some time on this now, and there is just no way that the choise I make about what tray to use, when printing from pegasus has any influence at all. It just prints from tray 1 no matter what I choose.</P> <P>Have I missed something in the setup, or is this a known issue when running Pegasus 4.41 in a Windows network environment ?</P> <P>The printer is attached to a Linksys printserver. But since all other applications can print just fine, I just don't see why the printserver could be the problem. Pegasus printing is the only one that behaves in this way.</P> <P>Right now I just choose to print to our PDF driver, and then print to the printer from there. But that really shouldn't be the way to do it.</P> <P>Thanks in advance</P> <P>Rene</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Are you trying to print an html page?  If so you should try Shift + Ctrl + P to have Bearhtml print the page.  Make sure you have PrintSetup=Yes in bearhtml.ini so you get dialogs to allow you to change printer properties.

HTH

Martin 

<p>Are you trying to print an html page?  If so you should try Shift + Ctrl + P to have Bearhtml print the page.  Make sure you have PrintSetup=Yes in bearhtml.ini so you get dialogs to allow you to change printer properties.</p><p>  HTH</p><p> Martin </p>

No.

I am trying to print a plain text message.

I have now also ruled out the Linksys printer server, as I can not choose paper source on the other laser printer we have either.

So it is defenately something related to Pegasus.

No idea what to do about it.

Rene

<P>No.</P> <P> I am trying to print a plain text message.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>I have now also ruled out the Linksys printer server, as I can not choose paper source on the other laser printer we have either.</P> <P>So it is defenately something related to Pegasus.</P> <P> No idea what to do about it.</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P> <P>Rene</P> <P mce_keep="true"> </P>

Is it possible to setup a second printer with the options set correctly? IE: a second printer defined in Windows -- Printer Tray2, and use the same port as the current one?

This is an old trick from VMS days.

<p>Is it possible to setup a second printer with the options set correctly? IE: a second printer defined in Windows -- Printer Tray2, and use the same port as the current one?</p><p> </p><p> This is an old trick from VMS days. </p>

[quote user="irelam"]

Are you trying to print an html page?  If so you should try Shift + Ctrl + P to have Bearhtml print the page.  Make sure you have PrintSetup=Yes in bearhtml.ini so you get dialogs to allow you to change printer properties.

HTH

Martin 

[/quote]

Would there be no way of introducing a check box "Invoke Bearhtml for Printing" in the standard Print menu (i.e. after pressing Ctrl+P)? Maybe something for a future version..... 

[quote user="irelam"]<p>Are you trying to print an html page?  If so you should try Shift + Ctrl + P to have Bearhtml print the page.  Make sure you have PrintSetup=Yes in bearhtml.ini so you get dialogs to allow you to change printer properties.</p><p>  HTH</p><p> Martin </p><p>[/quote]</p><p> </p><p>Would there be no way of introducing a check box "Invoke Bearhtml for Printing" in the standard Print menu (i.e. after pressing Ctrl+P)? Maybe something for a future version..... </p>

[quote user="Rendres"]

Would there be no way of introducing a check box "Invoke Bearhtml for Printing" in the standard Print menu (i.e. after pressing Ctrl+P)? Maybe something for a future version..... 

[/quote]

We're looking at revisiting the way printing is handled in v5, in order to deal with problems like this. Just FYI.

Cheers!

-- David --

[quote user="Rendres"]<p>Would there be no way of introducing a check box "Invoke Bearhtml for Printing" in the standard Print menu (i.e. after pressing Ctrl+P)? Maybe something for a future version..... </p>[/quote] We're looking at revisiting the way printing is handled in v5, in order to deal with problems like this. Just FYI. Cheers! -- David --
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft