Pegasus Mail Suggestions
Remove attachments: multi-select

Even nicer would be an option on right-clicking a message to "remove all attachments" from the currently selected message(s)... If someone sends me a bunch of files in separate emails because of file size limits, which people often do (even though they should use ftp or Dropbox or whatever for this), saving and then removing attachments from a group of messages would save a lot of time.

<p>Even nicer would be an option on right-clicking a message to "remove all attachments" from the currently selected message(s)... If someone sends me a bunch of files in separate emails because of file size limits, which people often do (even though they should use ftp or Dropbox or whatever for this), saving and then removing attachments from a group of messages would save a lot of time. </p>

Bug report, I think: if I multiselect a set of attachments using CTRL, and then click Delete Attachment, and confirm in the pop-up dialogue, only the first selected attachment is actually deleted. (Moreover, the size of the message, which resides in the New Mail folder, is not updated; but when I move the message to another folder, it is.)

Bug report, I think: if I multiselect a set of attachments using CTRL, and then click Delete Attachment, and confirm in the pop-up dialogue, only the first selected attachment is actually deleted. (Moreover, the size of the message, which resides in the New Mail folder, is not updated; but when I move the message to another folder, it is.)

Although I have no involvement in PM coding or testing, it's not a bug, I think, as much as a foolproofing feature.  

I've been frustrated by this, too, especially when someone sends me a PMail with, say, ten attachments, most or all of which I want to extract, archive, and then delete.  It would seem that I should be able to select attachments by either control or shift clicking, then have them batch deleted.  But not to be, apparently.  

It may be for fail-safe reasons -- too much concatenated processing at one time on possibly funky message sections.  Or not.  After all, it wasn't all that long ago that it finally became doable to delete attachments from messages once they had been moved to a folder, albeit only by moving them back to the new mail folder, which itself hadn't been possible up until that time.  The reason(s) for this two-step process were well-explained at the time in one or more forum message threads.  

Sometimes features just disappear silently into the night, such as the ALT-drag address book entry *move* feature (in contradistinction to the CTL-drag entry *copy* feature), which disappeared a while back.  I still miss it, as a shortcut feature.  As far as I'm aware, no comment on that ever has been made.  Anyone - ??  

Although I have no involvement in PM coding or testing, it's not a bug, I think, as much as a foolproofing feature.   I've been frustrated by this, too, especially when someone sends me a PMail with, say, ten attachments, most or all of which I want to extract, archive, and then delete.  It would seem that I should be able to select attachments by either control or shift clicking, then have them batch deleted.  But not to be, apparently.   It may be for fail-safe reasons -- too much concatenated processing at one time on possibly funky message sections.  Or not.  After all, it wasn't all that long ago that it finally became doable to delete attachments from messages once they had been moved to a folder, albeit only by moving them back to the new mail folder, which itself hadn't been possible up until that time.  The reason(s) for this two-step process were well-explained at the time in one or more forum message threads.   Sometimes features just disappear silently into the night, such as the ALT-drag address book entry *move* feature (in contradistinction to the CTL-drag entry *copy* feature), which disappeared a while back.  I still miss it, as a shortcut feature.  As far as I'm aware, no comment on that ever has been made.  Anyone - ??  
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft